DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Minney is a champion bloke and a great servant of the Eltham CC. I personally think he will stay with Eltham CC as being chassed by other clubs for big $ is nothing new to Skips.

Whatever his choice may be, all I know is that he deserves the respect to play where he likes. He is a legend of the DVCA and the Eltham CC, and both will be missed from Barclay Shield.

one grades loss is another grades gain, looking froward to seeing the great man play, im sure he will make 600+, from what im heard he is very patient, the lack of pace will be something for him to deal with but. will be good lesson for the younger so called good batsman that can't keep the ball on the ground.

i dont think eltham will struggle in money shield ,even though there is younger people in the team. I dont think they will be troubled, even though there wont be much pace on the ball all good players adapt to conditions. As for minney i wish him luck and look forward to seeing him rack up the runs

one grades loss is another grades gain, looking froward to seeing the great man play, im sure he will make 600+, from what im heard he is very patient, the lack of pace will be something for him to deal with but. will be good lesson for the younger so called good batsman that can't keep the ball on the ground.

i was actually referring to the players in money shield not the eltham blokes.

i was actually referring to the players in money shield not the eltham blokes.

Agree that Minney is a champion bloke, he'll stay, eltham will be back before long, heard some rumblings coming from down lower eltham way or is that lower plenty way, stay tuned!!

Also Ash Wood will be assistant coach at Mont next year. Rumuors during finals were true.
He put his hand out and got fed by the looks of it

Agree that Minney is a champion bloke, he'll stay, eltham will be back before long, heard some rumblings coming from down lower eltham way or is that lower plenty way, stay tuned!!

Also Ash Wood will be assistant coach at Mont next year. Rumuors during finals were true.
He put his hand out and got fed by the looks of it

So Ash Wood to Monty. That's a good pickup for them.

What are the rumblings you've heard?

Anyone know of any other play movements over the winter?

Do
So Ash Wood to Monty. That's a good pickup for them.

What are the rumblings you've heard?

Anyone know of any other play movements over the winter?

Donaldson to Eltahm coach
Gutterson and kennel Eltham as well.
Steve Elworthy Thomastown united ( stewie will be rapt he bat a little lower down the order, and underachieve!)

Do

Steve Elworthy Thomastown united ( stewie will be rapt he bat a little lower down the order, and underachieve!)

Can`t believe clubs would continue to give that tosser, Snowy/Brad from Eltham/Steve from Greensborough cricketing air to breathe! Heard during the week that there was a very familiar theme to his departure from The Basin!

Do

Eltham have done well I reckon, Donoldson has taken the most wickets this season and cane 4th (I think) in the Gleeson medal. Gutto has also achieved this feat on the past. Kennell is a proven run maker in MS. If Skips stays (which I am hearing he will) then they are doing the right thing and rebuilding quite well.

No Comment on Elsworthy doing the rounds to another club, or is it back to a previous club.

Eltham have done well I reckon, Donoldson has taken the most wickets this season and cane 4th (I think) in the Gleeson medal. Gutto has also achieved this feat on the past. Kennell is a proven run maker in MS. If Skips stays (which I am hearing he will) then they are doing the right thing and rebuilding quite well.

The only question is how many of these player movements are real, or just rumours?

The never ending rumour about Adam Dale will always surface so I may as well start it.;)

Heard yesterday that its 100% guaranteed signed as coach at the Combine. I know I will get ridiculed for starting something we hear year in year out but I can only say what I heard........from 3 DIFFERENT people though!

The never ending rumour about Adam Dale will always surface so I may as well start it.;)

Heard yesterday that its 100% guaranteed signed as coach at the Combine. I know I will get ridiculed for starting something we hear year in year out but I can only say what I heard........from 3 DIFFERENT people though!

It`s not a rumour! He told all and sundry at the DVCA Presentation night that he would be playing next season at RECCC. Also told all the Eltham folk the week before at the GF, that he would be playing at RECCC next season. Not sure on the coaching element though, certainly did not want to Captain. Was very keen for Turnz to continue in that role! As for actually signing anything, unless something has changed in the past couple of weeks he said there was no need for anything official.

Heard a big rumour that Lower Plenty is going to lose their Captain/Coach, Assistant Coach, opening bowler and a couple of other players.

As we have done for the last few seasons. Would be disappointed to lose any players - they have been able to get top spot on the ladder for the past two seasons. Need to get past the semi!

Surely time for change? They are not good enough to get past the Burra in big games

Any word on Jake Zerella, played for South Morang in 09/10, who missed last season with a knee injury? I would have thought an 18 year old who scored 500+ runs in MS would be sought after. Will he be lining up at South Morang again in 2011/12 or is he on the move?

Just writing on here to seek people's opinions on an issue that i find troubling in the region.

Over the past four seasons Camrea cricket club has approached young cricketers at my club to try to lure them across, on each occasion this has been a kid still playing juniors or just finished juniors and on each occasion the players has told Camrea no and let the club know about it.

On the first couple of occasions we let it go but it's getting ridiculous that every year they seem to have a go at one of our young cricketers, I'm wondering if any other clubs in the region are having this problem with Camrea or other clubs trying to poach successful juniors who are too young to properly understand the wheelings and dealings of loacl cricket.

I would like to suggest to Camrea to concentrate on keeping it's own juniors happy and retaining them rather than trying to poach kids from other clubs that they have invested enormous time and effort developing, and i'm now starting to see why Camrea weren't like in thier previous comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back