DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have heard Mill park have recruited a few of Keon Parks premiership players and Nhiall Smith, a young fast bowler has headed to Lower Plenty from Preston. Anyone else elaborate on these.

Heard via a source that a prominent (but not so popular) cricketer may be about to change clubs, not by his own choice. Cricketers new club is required to play all games at home venue!

I know Michael pretty well, and he has informed me of this... It doesn't phase him where he plays, he's just a young cricketer who has a heap of talent, and just wants a little bit of $$$$. Camrea are willing to pay for it aswell.
How old is he?

Any young cricketers that "want a little $$$" are not worth shit! If you're good mates with him, tell him to play for the love of the game and club, and if he is any good he will get $$, you don't have to go selling yourself like a prostitute.

confirmed. Daniel Shaw to lower eltham. Matt Pelizer & Criag Meredith to Riverside. all former Yarrambat C.C players. Joel Crook & Scott Barnett to North Eltham.

How old is he?

Any young cricketers that "want a little $$$" are not worth shit! If you're good mates with him, tell him to play for the love of the game and club, and if he is any good he will get $$, you don't have to go selling yourself like a prostitute.

Agree with your sentiments Tongs! But "TheBigHitter" (hitter of illegal substances I suspect) is only trying to wind people up from that content. The rumour mill, it's a cracker.

Agree with your sentiments Tongs! But "TheBigHitter" (hitter of illegal substances I suspect) is only trying to wind people up from that content. The rumour mill, it's a cracker.

i think a bit of generalising there Tongs, as we don't know the young fella's situation in life, maybe he needs the cash, mighten have a job, might be studying and needs cash, if you can get it, then why not. Its not the people recieving the the cash its the people offering it that are the problem, many lesser ability players would be getting coin then him in the valley i would think.......

saying they are not worth shit is a little harsh tho, anyhow your opinion.

i think a bit of generalising there Tongs, as we don't know the young fella's situation in life, maybe he needs the cash, mighten have a job, might be studying and needs cash, if you can get it, then why not. Its not the people recieving the the cash its the people offering it that are the problem, many lesser ability players would be getting coin then him in the valley i would think.......

saying they are not worth shit is a little harsh tho, anyhow your opinion.

You're right, he might need the money for a worthy cause, i'll give you that. But if the young punter just sees $$$$$$ then he is not worth shit as a bloke to have at the club. WIll bleed the club then leave when bigger $$$ come along. We have all seen them at our clubs! They break the committee's hearts every year!

You're right, he might need the money for a worthy cause, i'll give you that. But if the young punter just sees $$$$$$ then he is not worth shit as a bloke to have at the club. WIll bleed the club then leave when bigger $$$ come along. We have all seen them at our clubs! They break the committee's hearts every year!

True, those players can sometimes break the hearts of committees that employ them, but those committees are generally in Barclay Shield.

Great to grow the club from within, but sometimes you need to top up the talent pool a little to help those kids come thru.

Perhaps if Eltham had paid a few more players to come, rather than just grow their own, then you would still be in BS.

True, those players can sometimes break the hearts of committees that employ them, but those committees are generally in Barclay Shield.

Great to grow the club from within, but sometimes you need to top up the talent pool a little to help those kids come thru.

Perhaps if Eltham had paid a few more players to come, rather than just grow their own, then you would still be in BS.

100% agree, hence why I went on the recruiting committee this year and we have managed to get a couple more players from other clubs. Something we haven't done much of late.

But so it's not an eltham discussion again, what are the confirmed signings? And not bullshlt

100% agree, hence why I went on the recruiting committee this year and we have managed to get a couple more players from other clubs. Something we haven't done much of late.

But so it's not an eltham discussion again, what are the confirmed signings? And not bullshlt

Skips to Plenty - confirmed. He was seen training with them this morning.

Heard a rumour today that Riverside have declined to move from B grade to Money Shield and that Whittlesea (as the runner up) have been offered their place???

Surely this is not true.

Bloke from Whittlesea was adamant they had been offered a place in MS ..?
Only way I could see that happening is if Yarrambat pulled out which i had also heard recently was a possibility??

Can anyone confirm / deny this ? :eek:

Heard a rumour today that Riverside have declined to move from B grade to Money Shield and that Whittlesea (as the runner up) have been offered their place???

Surely this is not true.

Bloke from Whittlesea was adamant they had been offered a place in MS ..?
Only way I could see that happening is if Yarrambat pulled out which i had also heard recently was a possibility??

Can anyone confirm / deny this ? :eek:

Yarrambat have withdrawn from money shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back