DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, that makes more sense. Bunch of rabble, so are YB in B grade now or lower still?
Yarrambat have merged and are now a subbies club. They have 4 turf teams with Plenty Valley CC. While they are still in the DVCA too, it's obvious their 5ths won't compete in Money Shield. It's a good move to drop a few grades while they sort their new structure out.

I believe their highest DVCA team will be D grade.

Say good bye to YB.

hell of a long way back from D grade as your 'firsts'

Might be easy to drop grades and allow teams to take your place but when they want back into the higher grades they will have to win their way back up.

Say good bye to YB.

hell of a long way back from D grade as your 'firsts'

Might be easy to drop grades and allow teams to take your place but when they want back into the higher grades they will have to win their way back up.

Don't think they are really interested in Money Shield to be honest, they will use the DVCA for their more social, lower XI cricketers.

Don't think they are really interested in Money Shield to be honest, they will use the DVCA for their more social, lower XI cricketers.
Many Yarrambat 1st XI players have moved on due to the merger. Lower Eltham new Coach and ex Yarrambat player Chris Daw, Holzer, Bray and Shaw are believed to be playing there on impressive money. Meredith & Pellizzer are both believed to be at Riverside however, heard they still speaking with Lower Eltham Also? Have not heard anything about Adrian Wilson though?

Many Yarrambat 1st XI players have moved on due to the merger. Lower Eltham new Coach and ex Yarrambat player Chris Daw, Holzer, Bray and Shaw are believed to be playing there on impressive money. Meredith & Pellizzer are both believed to be at Riverside however, heard they still speaking with Lower Eltham Also? Have not heard anything about Adrian Wilson though?

of those players, Bray is the best, but lately hasn't really dominated against quality teams, kicks the shit out of the poor teams, but still good player. Shaw can bat, but average bloke, will watch with interest how he goes against 3 or 4 good bowlers not just the money shield 2 good bowlers per team. Meredith ok, Pellizer average, Holzer below average, hasn't made runs for along time. Adrian Wilson....wow now theres a bloke that i would'nt see many teams calling in IMO.

All good recuits for the clubs.

Pffft. What a lot of baloney. The only thing you have right is that Chris was a ex-Yarrambat player (but now in his 3rd year at Lower) and is now the coach. The rest, whilst we are happy for any new player to drop on in..and if you know them pass it on that they are welcome, but the rest is dribble.

Nice rumour mungering though.;)

By the way, just looked at all your previous posts and they all concern Yarrambat.....do you have an issue with them?

Pffft. What a lot of baloney. The only thing you have right is that Chris was a ex-Yarrambat player (but now in his 3rd year at Lower) and is now the coach. The rest, whilst we are happy for any new player to drop on in..and if you know them pass it on that they are welcome, but the rest is dribble.

Nice rumour mungering though.;)

By the way, just looked at all your previous posts and they all concern Yarrambat.....do you have an issue with them?
of those players, Bray is the best, but lately hasn't really dominated against quality teams, kicks the shit out of the poor teams, but still good player. Shaw can bat, but average bloke, will watch with interest how he goes against 3 or 4 good bowlers not just the money shield 2 good bowlers per team. Meredith ok, Pellizer average, Holzer below average, hasn't made runs for along time. Adrian Wilson....wow now theres a bloke that i would'nt see many teams calling in IMO.

All good recuits for the clubs.
Cannot disagree with you there... they all switch on and off. However they are all quite young apart from Wilson and all showed something in the last couple of years. I have no problem with Yarrambat at all, I don't know these blokes personally only as an opponent and share some chat over a beer after a game. I have not seen them recently but know a couple of their mates very well who have passed on this information to me. All through the grape vine..

St.Francis are moving and are joining forces with Parade College. Will be called St.Francis Old Paradians and play games out of Garvey Oval. Will be quite strong in the future with two large schools providing them talent.

St.Francis are moving and are joining forces with Parade College. Will be called St.Francis Old Paradians and play games out of Garvey Oval. Will be quite strong in the future with two large schools providing them talent.

Arent Parade College now Plenty Valley... who have just merged with Yarrambat...? or have i missed something here ???

I did hear the rumour last year about the Francs moving to Garvey however.

Arent Parade College now Plenty Valley... who have just merged with Yarrambat...? or have i missed something here ???

I did hear the rumour last year about the Francs moving to Garvey however.

The cricket club were not connected to the school other than using the grounds, which meant the name Old Paradians had to be used.

Had heard that the school had knocked back St Francis - Old Paradians as the name, as the school didn't like the Old Paradians being second in the name, hence no access to the grounds. But things may have changed since then.

Will they be playing on turf? Or are Parade going to dig up the wicket?

Strange move if so.

Will they be playing on turf? Or are Parade going to dig up the wicket?

Strange move if so.

the rumour we heard last year when it was sugegsted they would move to Garvey, was they would place an all weather wicket in the middle of the footy ground.
Does the school actually use the turf wicket or just the football ground?

St Francis are playing at Garvey and a nice bouncy synthetic wicket will be placed next to the turf wicket. Apparently the facilities are top notch and St Francis are picking up players from the football club as well. Bet they are rapt to leave their old dustbowl. Seems like a good move all round. Also you would have to say Yarrambat is gone. Plenty Valley CC have now picked up a pretty good ground for their 3rds and 4ths. Wonder who is going to be the next club to fold or merge.

Sounds good in theory having th new pitch next to the turf wicket but come a rainy day they are no chance of getting a start as the turf area will be muddier than morrabin in july 1980!! at least other grounds round the dvca have some chance of getting on despite some bad weather

As this is the rumour page........

Is there a new rule being presented to the DVCA by an ex-president in the DVCA (now I am not saying it is the Ex-Prez....) in regards to "cold-outs' (similier to heat outs.....but when it gets too cold the DVCA cancel the game.

May have over heard parts of this rumour when I heard said Ex-Prez complain on Saturday night 17....yes 17 times that it was to cold to stand outside and drink (but somhow still holding a cold beer with out a stubby holder). Now I know I should feel for the hair impaired (is that PC??? Dunno, will check) but it was embarrassing.....:p

As this is the rumour page........

Is there a new rule being presented to the DVCA by an ex-president in the DVCA (now I am not saying it is the Ex-Prez....) in regards to "cold-outs' (similier to heat outs.....but when it gets too cold the DVCA cancel the game.

May have over heard parts of this rumour when I heard said Ex-Prez complain on Saturday night 17....yes 17 times that it was to cold to stand outside and drink (but somhow still holding a cold beer with out a stubby holder). Now I know I should feel for the hair impaired (is that PC??? Dunno, will check) but it was embarrassing.....:p

Didnt go to the game prepared for the weather, only wore t shirt as was only execting to stay for the match, not 3 hours and 10 cans after...

Couldnt work out why the 7-8 of us stood outside in the cold, when the warm rooms (only 5 metres away) were good enough for the other 100 or so that were there...
Only reason I stayed outside was to see if Lower Eltham could ge the deal done with Glen Turner.
Think the Bundoora handles hold more sway in the negotiations at this time though...;)

Didnt go to the game prepared for the weather, only wore t shirt as was only execting to stay for the match, not 3 hours and 10 cans after...

Couldnt work out why the 7-8 of us stood outside in the cold, when the warm rooms (only 5 metres away) were good enough for the other 100 or so that were there...
Only reason I stayed outside was to see if Lower Eltham could ge the deal done with Glen Turner.
Think the Bundoora handles hold more sway in the negotiations at this time though...;)

Would have thought you had the insulation to deal with the cold big fella ;)

Your right, I reckon I nearly had him (as he was botting my smokes...) until we all started talking about the Bundoora handles and how good they are......then I nearly lost a few players...;)

Your right, I reckon I nearly had him (as he was botting my smokes...) until we all started talking about the Bundoora handles and how good they are......then I nearly lost a few players...;)

Yes the Bundoora handles are legendary, but Turnz aint going anywhere! On a further note, I have not been in the loop much in regards to Search in the off season but did hear of them picking a couple of handy recruits from Melbourne and Ivanhoe (Apart from AD).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back