DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought so, reckon the Pre-AGMs go long enough this IMO will be a Special GM.

-> Agreed

:eek: hope not that handsome slightly bald and slightly hefty steamtrain known as George.....:eek:

- hmmm maybe time to go back down the grades...

Mmmm, reckon that horse has bolted.

- the promo / relegation i thought was brought in as a trial, although no set period was announced as to how long that trial would be...?
Apart from barclay / money - the promo/relegation really doesnt mean a lot. Most clubs in the lower grades ( c & below) tend to nominate grades each year anyway. You can drop grades any time by nominating to, just harder to go up if you wish to.

Agree, hope all Clubs have an active and ready Committee structure or decisions will be made that may not be in their interest and all we will hear is complaints when these decisions are made.

:(

I have heard that there are 4 more teams that WILL be in the DVCA next year, with possible others. If that is the case, we will have to have 3 divisions. And it is only fair that they all start in the 3rd division and work their ways up. Yes there will be some great sides in the lowest division, but they made the choice to come across, and unfair to promote them, and drop others.

What are peoples thoughts on 3 grades, you play every team once in a one day and 2 day game. One of the comps have done this in the past, and seems fair. Theres no, we played X in a one day game, and everyone else beat them outright in a 2 day game.

In relation to the Money shield relegation I think the DVCA will relegate Mill Park (if the suspension stands) Riverside to stay up, and Bundoora to come up for winning B grade. Regardless of who it is, I don't agree with teams not wanting to come up and evently "saving" sides from relegation. If a club chooses not to go up in any grade, they should forfeit any promotions in any gardes for the next 3 years.

I have heard that there are 4 more teams that WILL be in the DVCA next year, with possible others. If that is the case, we will have to have 3 divisions. And it is only fair that they all start in the 3rd division and work their ways up. Yes there will be some great sides in the lowest division, but they made the choice to come across, and unfair to promote them, and drop others.

What are peoples thoughts on 3 grades, you play every team once in a one day and 2 day game. One of the comps have done this in the past, and seems fair. Theres no, we played X in a one day game, and everyone else beat them outright in a 2 day game.

In relation to the Money shield relegation I think the DVCA will relegate Mill Park (if the suspension stands) Riverside to stay up, and Bundoora to come up for winning B grade. Regardless of who it is, I don't agree with teams not wanting to come up and evently "saving" sides from relegation. If a club chooses not to go up in any grade, they should forfeit any promotions in any gardes for the next 3 years.

Tongs, firstly, didnt say we wouldnt go up, ( not my decision anymore as the title says - Ex prez), however as we have seen this year, Riverside 2's - dominant the year before in B grade - were blatantly non competive. The MS comp as Eltham found out first hand this year, is a little stronger than maybe we have given it credit for in recent times.
For a team's 2nds to compete against 1sts, is nearly impossible. We certainly wont be 'recruiting' players to play B grade cricket.

FYI - Our B grade team, which won the flag, wasnt even in the top four until round 8-9 !! So hardly world beaters. Just won some critical games at the right time of the year.
So all i am saying is that if the situation arose, whereby the DVCA wanted to insert 2-3 clubs into the MS comp, then I would think we would be unlikley to stand in there way...

As to your thoughts on 3 divisions, yes i agree the format would be great. the jika did this several years ago. Does it work...? but it is more even for all.
Difficult thing is how to implement.
For the structure as you suggest to work, the 3 divisions requires only 8 teams in each. 7 one dayers and 7 x 2 dayers = 21 weeks. (1 extra match day than current).
So which 4 teams get the boot from BS and which 8 from MS...? Cant happen in short term.

So yes 3 divisions will be a neccessity if HDCA come across as a body. Not sure they can move to the Jika model in the short term though.

The format I have heard discussed is Maintaining Barclay Shield and if the HDCA teams (8 top grade) join, splitting Money Shield into 2 conferences, with the winner of each conference playing off for promotion to Barclay. Obviously to begin with each conference could consist of HDCA in one and DVCA in the other. Alternatively splitting half and half.

The format I have heard discussed is Maintaining Barclay Shield and if the HDCA teams (8 top grade) join, splitting Money Shield into 2 conferences, with the winner of each conference playing off for promotion to Barclay. Obviously to begin with each conference could consist of HDCA in one and DVCA in the other. Alternatively splitting half and half.
Hold your Horses the only team confirmed coming into your comp is Rosanna so before you put through bizarre structures of your other grades. There's only 1 club who have confirmed no else and from what i've heard no other club intends to make moves to your comp.

Hold your Horses the only team confirmed coming into your comp is Rosanna so before you put through bizarre structures of your other grades. There's only 1 club who have confirmed no else and from what i've heard no other club intends to make moves to your comp.

best your source speaks to Banyule & maybe heidelberg.... Lots of smoke coming from those directions. Although i do know heidelberg have categorically denied those rumours previously.
Apparently if Rosanna go, then one more big club might follow, then will only leave what 6 clubs in the comp... cannot seriously hope to run with only 6 teams...? Although might need to for a year.
If the HDCA was to fold completely/merge with DVCA there is a hell of a lot of work to do in regards to restructure. Might not get done in one off season.

best your source speaks to Banyule & maybe heidelberg.... Lots of smoke coming from those directions. Although i do know heidelberg have categorically denied those rumours previously.
Apparently if Rosanna go, then one more big club might follow, then will only leave what 6 clubs in the comp... cannot seriously hope to run with only 6 teams...? Although might need to for a year.
If the HDCA was to fold completely/merge with DVCA there is a hell of a lot of work to do in regards to restructure. Might not get done in one off season.
i know the truth sounds sour but talking to banyule they said they would rather fold than come over to DVCA sorry for the heads up but the only club you could get would be Heidleberg and there 50/50 at best

i know the truth sounds sour but talking to banyule they said they would rather fold than come over to DVCA sorry for the heads up but the only club you could get would be Heidleberg and there 50/50 at best

Really doesnt worry me. So no sour grapes if that is their intention.
Would prefer we stay the same actually. Just working on the theories if it did happen.

fact remains though, if two of the big 3 come across, then the comp is gonna struggle to remain viable.

How about a trade - we get Rosanna & heidelberg - you can have Mill Park & ..... Riverside :p

If the HDCA was to fold completely/merge with DVCA there is a hell of a lot of work to do in regards to restructure.a Might not get done in one off season.

I think you will find the HDCA will not be a stand alone competitionnext year. Proposal to merge with NMCA, but with Rosanna going Dvca along with Hberg most likely, the merge might not happen. Banyule and Edinburgh could also be going ECA which would mean its just the lesser like clubs moving across to the NMCA.

My tip is Hberg, Banyule and east Ivanhoe will alsoapply to the Dvca. This may mean the dvca make 2types of money shield to fight for promotion to 1st grade like mentioned earlier. Coming from Rosanna I might be bias, but they hdca clubs wanting to move across would all have something to offer the dvca. Would like to hear the dv peoples thoughts

I think you will find the HDCA will not be a stand alone competitionnext year. Proposal to merge with NMCA, but with Rosanna going Dvca along with Hberg most likely, the merge might not happen. Banyule and Edinburgh could also be going ECA which would mean its just the lesser like clubs moving across to the NMCA.

My tip is Hberg, Banyule and east Ivanhoe will alsoapply to the Dvca. This may mean the dvca make 2types of money shield to fight for promotion to 1st grade like mentioned earlier. Coming from Rosanna I might be bias, but they hdca clubs wanting to move across would all have something to offer the dvca. Would like to hear the dv peoples thoughts

Will they bring with them a comp president ?? :D

As I understand it, the clubs have to vote on it- as we have always done.
There is usually a special meeting (or is this pre AGM?) where the applying club/s make a submission to the clubs. We then vote to let them in or not.
So whether it is one club ( Rosanna ?) or more ( heard heidelberg & banyule are close too...) then they have to be voted in.

At present if i am correct there are 2 vacancies in Money Shield. Riverside & Mill park out.(is that official?)
Bundoora as premiers of B have first right to go up.
Happy (in my opinion) to stay in B grade and let 2 HDCA clubs come in. Like Riverside this year, i dont feel we will be competitive (with several key senior players stepping down).

If as you mentioned, all 7-8 HDCA clubs want in, then we would need a major re-structure - and likely 3rd division..
So in theory, two GF sides in HDCA go into money. The other 6 in Division X.
That would leave 6 places for which current DVCA clubs can apply to get into. eg HB as as 1st team, Mill Park (1st team) , Bundoora as B premiers etc...

My thoughts - if we go to a restructure, we should go back to previous format of Barlcay & Barclay reserve, Money & money Reserve, X divsion & X reserve, then C grade and below.

I would also consider amending promotion relegation to be restricted to those top 4 grades. BS, MS, X and C grade (to be able to get into X). All lower grades to be determined by yearly grading submissions by the clubs as we did previously.

A hell of a lot of big decisions will need to be made by the current/future DVCA exec...:eek:

Fantastic comments and theories coming on here lads, and I think that a restructure is vital if these clubs, however many Clubs come across to the DVCA.
Ideal scenario would be the - play everyone twice, 1 day and 2 day game, home and away, but as mentioned, would only be able to have 8 sides per team.
DVCA currently has 25, so add 7, to make even comps, and we now have 4 grades, not the 3, so I can't see how we could play the Barclay, and then 2 money shields, with the winner to play off.
Maybe 4 grades, even and spread geographically, and then the winners all play in semi finals, with one Championship team. Just a thought.

Great ideas and feedback coming that should be taken to the DVCA Exec and a sub committee needs to be formed, with representatives from Clubs at each level to look over.

i am pretty certain you will not be seeing the faces of heidelberg or banyule in this comp from what has been pointed out in a joint meeting betweeen the 2 clubs last night so don't have 2 worry about too much of your conferences and other theories you seeming to come up with. not sure what your on about smurf.

Just a suggestion. DVCA should try and entice East Ivanhoe CC to join as well. 2 reasons. They have heaps of juniors and also have the jewel of the HDCA. Chelesworth Park. 4 grounds adjacent to another which are ideal finals venues and are excellent for juniors. Also the DVCA can use one or two of these grounds as emergency venues when other clubs grounds for whatever reason are out of use for the year. Greensborough's 3rd grade did this when Elder street was under repair. Would be a great logistical move for the DVCA.

Cheers Moneybank, the fact that Greensborough played there too maybe the HDCA or Ivanhoe Grammer owns the leasing control of the grounds. In that case yeah forget my last post. The HDCA forum has gone ballistic understandably so. Whats your thoughts on Rosebank.To join the DVCA you have to have juniors. Would you guys go NMCA/ ECA with other clubs or merge with say an East Ivanhoe who has multitudes of juniors and join DVCA.

Will the DVCA clubs overule their stupid rule they brought in after Camrea and Greensborough joined and put Rosanna in Money shield. Has anyone heard that a proposal may be made by the DVCA to form 2 Barclays to strengthen the standard of DVCA cricket. Divisions decided by locality of teams.

If you want 2 strong grades, and a lesser grade you simply cannot run it based on locality. That rules out the zoning thoughts around 3 grades. Secondly, if any club comes to the DVcA they must be made to earn the right to play in the top grade. There are clubs that have faught for years to either stay up or go up, therefore what right do clubs coming into the DVCA have just walking into the top grade? If the sides are that good, theyll win the flag and go up. It's going to be an interesting few months and a possible logistical nightmare to workout a format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back