DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wobbles gone from Lower Plenty as Pres......whatz the stori? His choice? Who will replace him and do they have the passion long term????

Lower Plenty infoghting has reached a crescendo!!!! Fists traded Semi Final night - they won - and this years coach has resigned.
What has happended at the Club Gyro and Wobbles rebuilt???? Unbelievable stuff - !

Anyone know what the story is at LP? The coach signed for another year then left a week later, apparently there was a punch on at the club after the semi. Now Wob is gone? Someone must know something?

Anyone know what the story is at LP? The coach signed for another year then left a week later, apparently there was a punch on at the club after the semi. Now Wob is gone? Someone must know something?
I have not spoken to Wob, but I wouldn't read to much into his resignation. I did hear something tonight in to why he may have resigned, and all I will say is that I wish him well and congratulate him on his passion and commitment to his club over a long period of time!!

Serg, not having a go at you but I'm not sure how good your mail is mate. Heidelberg haven't and wont be applying to join the NMCA and I think you'll find Banyule are in the same boat. I don't know what Viewbank are up to.

Serg, not having a go at you but I'm not sure how good your mail is mate. Heidelberg haven't and wont be applying to join the NMCA and I think you'll find Banyule are in the same boat. I don't know what Viewbank are up to.
Got the mail from a few viewbank boys regarding their applications. Have been told that the other two clubs were going down the same path.
Re - juniors . No they don't have juniors (viewbank ) , but neither does camrae . But guess that they would have to submit a junior plan to the execs of dvca to be implemented within a year or two.

Got the mail from a few viewbank boys regarding their applications. Have been told that the other two clubs were going down the same path.
Re - juniors . No they don't have juniors (viewbank ) , but neither does camrae . But guess that they would have to submit a junior plan to the execs of dvca to be implemented within a year or two.

It is only sensible for them to make the dual applications, keeping the NMCA as a fallback if the DVCA clubs reject their applications.

I thought the DVCA rules meant you had to have juniors to play either BS or MS or join as new member of DVCA full stop?

History shows that you can get one years grace ( ie Bund United / Lower Plenty...) however plans must be in place to continue.
However these 2 clubs were already established clubs in the DVCA.

The DVCA constitution states:
3. MEMBERSHIP

(1) An incorporated club is eligible to become a member if it applies before any 30 April and its application is approved by a two-thirds majority at a meeting after the Executive reports that it is satisfied that the club:
(a) is based in the municipalities of Nillumbik, Banyule or Whittlesea and in a geographical area with sufficient population to make it a worthwhile member;
(b) will field both senior and junior teams;
(c) will not then or later seek or need to use grounds required by other clubs;
(d) will bona fide accept the gradings allocated to it by the Executive;
(e) is within or reasonably close to the geographical area covered by the DVCA at that time;
(f) has a record of behaviour and attitude acceptable to any competition in which it has previously played; and
(g) has grounds and facilities of an acceptable standard for the grades in which it will play.

If clubs dont have juniors can then they can still be admitted but perhaps into B grade or below...???
Can anyone clarify this..?

I thought the DVCA rules meant you had to have juniors to play either BS or MS or join as new member of DVCA full stop?

History shows that you can get one years grace ( ie Bund United / Lower Plenty...) however plans must be in place to continue.
However these 2 clubs were already established clubs in the DVCA.

The DVCA constitution states:
3. MEMBERSHIP

(1) An incorporated club is eligible to become a member if it applies before any 30 April and its application is approved by a two-thirds majority at a meeting after the Executive reports that it is satisfied that the club:
(a) is based in the municipalities of Nillumbik, Banyule or Whittlesea and in a geographical area with sufficient population to make it a worthwhile member;
(b) will field both senior and junior teams;
(c) will not then or later seek or need to use grounds required by other clubs;
(d) will bona fide accept the gradings allocated to it by the Executive;
(e) is within or reasonably close to the geographical area covered by the DVCA at that time;
(f) has a record of behaviour and attitude acceptable to any competition in which it has previously played; and
(g) has grounds and facilities of an acceptable standard for the grades in which it will play.

If clubs dont have juniors can then they can still be admitted but perhaps into B grade or below...???
Can anyone clarify this..?

The club has to satisfy the Executive that it WILL field Junior teams, but there is nothing that says it has to be in its first season.
If, for instance, the club convinces the Executive that it has a program in place which might not bear fruit until season 2, then it would be open to the Executive to recommend admission as a provisional member under Rule 3(7), with the condition being the fielding of junior teams in season 2 - failing which, its membership would cease as per that Rule.

Any truth to a rumour i've heard that Adam Dale is not playing for Research this year and is going back to turf in an area approx 10kms south of Research ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back