DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Let's stick to the cricket chat fellas. I don't mind a bit of banter but the social stuff can be kept to PM's.

cold case;364032 said:
Dont even know SM and he's bagging me!
He is right though. A bit of crap on here!

Wasn't having a dig at anyone boys... found it entertaining. Just wasn't sure where it was all going to end up :D

bigcricket007;364102 said:
Wasn't having a dig at anyone boys... found it entertaining. Just wasn't sure where it was all going to end up :D

All good. We need some inspiration though. Whats going on up your neck of the woods?

cold case;364106 said:
All good. We need some inspiration though. Whats going on up your neck of the woods?

Not a lot... although I'm no longer on the commitee, so I am a bit out of the loop these days. We have had really really good turn-outs at training, which is promising for this time of the season. Potentially fielding 6 sides, which hasn't happened in my time at the club.

- Justin Davoine was appointed captain/coach... good choice I reckon. Top bloke who loves the club and has been very loyal to it. He has brought some new ideas to the plate, and the large turn-out at training is a great show of the respect that all players have for him.

- A few players have left (Solly to Mernda... and apparently Matt George to Mernda also, but I could be wrong there). Two big losses there, but it is their choice in the end, and good luck to them. Cameron Rayner is working weekends this season, which is also a big loss as he has been a perminent fixture at the top of the order for the past 4-5 seasons.

- No new recruits (as far as I know). Stewie Wright has come back after a season elsewhere, which will fill a big hole in our batting line-up. One of my mates who used to open the bowling down at Melbourne University has come down. He is a racing journo, so spring carnival is a a bit of a hurdle in regards to how many games he will play.

- The council finally completed our club-rooms over the off-season which is a positive. They have come up a treat, and the club has organised a reunion to commemorate the official opening of the rooms by the mayor. Hopefully that will get a few old faces back down.

All in all it has been a good vibe down at training... looking forward to an enjoyable season.

bigcricket007;364180 said:
Not a lot... although I'm no longer on the commitee, so I am a bit out of the loop these days. We have had really really good turn-outs at training, which is promising for this time of the season. Potentially fielding 6 sides, which hasn't happened in my time at the club.

- Justin Davoine was appointed captain/coach... good choice I reckon. Top bloke who loves the club and has been very loyal to it. He has brought some new ideas to the plate, and the large turn-out at training is a great show of the respect that all players have for him.

- A few players have left (Solly to Mernda... and apparently Matt George to Mernda also, but I could be wrong there). Two big losses there, but it is their choice in the end, and good luck to them. Cameron Rayner is working weekends this season, which is also a big loss as he has been a perminent fixture at the top of the order for the past 4-5 seasons.

- No new recruits (as far as I know). Stewie Wright has come back after a season elsewhere, which will fill a big hole in our batting line-up. One of my mates who used to open the bowling down at Melbourne University has come down. He is a racing journo, so spring carnival is a a bit of a hurdle in regards to how many games he will play.

- The council finally completed our club-rooms over the off-season which is a positive. They have come up a treat, and the club has organised a reunion to commemorate the official opening of the rooms by the mayor. Hopefully that will get a few old faces back down.

All in all it has been a good vibe down at training... looking forward to an enjoyable season.

The new rooms do look fantastic. I've had enough of councils. Nothing but spin doctors who firmly believe that peeople at club level are slightly retarded. In my case they may be on the money though.
Two big losses though. I always wonder why clubs make it hard for players seeking greener patures. A simple, " is there anything as a club we could have done better?" or "good luck. You are always welcome back home", should be suffice. The door is always left ajar.
Big Stewy is a good pick up. I saw him make his 1st Barclay Ton. Great innings too. Racing journo hey! I expect some good tips via pm too!

bigcricket007;364180 said:

Heard your brother batted well last night?

The Wizz;364289 said:
Heard your brother batted well last night?

Yeah, I didn't know that he was training with us for sure until yesterday. I don't think he knows who he is playing for at this stage. It is up to him, because he enjoys the blokes at both clubs.

As for last night, he batted okay and bowled a few that wizzed passed our chins... but he was pretty rusty considering it was his first hit. The footy has been good for his fitness though.

bigcricket007;364292 said:
Yeah, I didn't know that he was training with us for sure until yesterday. I don't think he knows who he is playing for at this stage. It is up to him, because he enjoys the blokes at both clubs.

As for last night, he batted okay and bowled a few that wizzed passed our chins... but he was pretty rusty considering it was his first hit. The footy has been good for his fitness though.

I think its pretty safe to say he will return back to Thomastown. Good luck to him he was a great bloke to have around the club, and will always be welcome back there..

The Wizz;364293 said:
I think its pretty safe to say he will return back to Thomastown. Good luck to him he was a great bloke to have around the club, and will always be welcome back there..

What about you Crumpets?

THE ICEMAN;364328 said:
Word is Rossy has gone from Research.

A mild mannered reporter like yourself might want to expand further?

I did hear that the evergreen Steve Gleeson is hanging up the boots? Can anyone second this? Steve has been the backone of the Riverside team since the early 90's. Probably the all time leading A grade wicket taker, if not close to. One of the leagues' true gentleman and if true will leave a massive void in the bowling ranks at the Siders. Steve was instrumetal in the 92/93 Premiership. Needing 29 runs with only 1 wicket in hand against the leagues' best ever bowler (Peter Fox Barnett), both Rob Hunt and Steve cut down the margin to make in 6 flags in 8 years for the Siders. As it stands at the moment, until certification Steve has played 180 games debuting in 1990, Taken 332 wckets at 17.44. He has amassed 2693 runs and I believe he is the only bowler in dvca history to win both the A & B grade competition bowling averages in the same year. A magnifient record.

Now look at this one!
ANTHONY CORCORAN - RIVERSIDE
GAMES- 75
RUNS - 2470
AV. - 43.33
HS - 213* & 202*
100'S - 6?
WICKETS - 227
AV - 11.15
BEST - 7/48
FLAGS - 6?
CHRISTENSON
MEDALS - 3

CORCORAN ALSO PLAYED FOR VICTORIA.

He was in my opinion the greatest player ever to set foot on a DVCA cricket field.

If anyone else has some stats of their own superstars please feel free to post them on here.

cold case;364344 said:
A mild mannered reporter like yourself might want to expand further?

I did hear that the evergreen Steve Gleeson is hanging up the boots? Can anyone second this? Steve has been the backone of the Riverside team since the early 90's. Probably the all time leading A grade wicket taker, if not close to. One of the leagues' true gentleman and if true will leave a massive void in the bowling ranks at the Siders. Steve was instrumetal in the 92/93 Premiership. Needing 29 runs with only 1 wicket in hand against the leagues' best ever bowler (Peter Fox Barnett), both Rob Hunt and Steve cut down the margin to make in 6 flags in 8 years for the Siders. As it stands at the moment, until certification Steve has played 180 games debuting in 1990, Taken 332 wckets at 17.44. He has amassed 2693 runs and I believe he is the only bowler in dvca history to win both the A & B grade competition bowling averages in the same year. A magnifient record.

Now look at this one!
ANTHONY CORCORAN - RIVERSIDE
GAMES- 75
RUNS - 2470
AV. - 43.33
HS - 213* & 202*
100'S - 6?
WICKETS - 227
AV - 11.15
BEST - 7/48
FLAGS - 6?
CHRISTENSON
MEDALS - 3

CORCORAN ALSO PLAYED FOR VICTORIA.

He was in my opinion the greatest player ever to set foot on a DVCA cricket field.

If anyone else has some stats of their own superstars please feel free to post them on here.

It's true, i was speaking to Pig the other week and he told me, apparently steve doyle has taken a year off as well, have to find another keeper for the comp side:rolleyes:

As you are well aware CC, Bundoora V Riverside are our clubs most anticipated game and Steve Gleeson deserves to be ranked up there with some of the best to play in our comp. Outstanding competitor who was very focused on field but was also the first in for a beer afterwards, will leave a huge hole to fill at Watmough Park.

Out of interest, and i'm not trying to be fasecious , could you please put your own stats up, if you know them;)

Bundoora;364388 said:
It's true, i was speaking to Pig the other week and he told me, apparently steve doyle has taken a year off as well, have to find another keeper for the comp side:rolleyes:

As you are well aware CC, Bundoora V Riverside are our clubs most anticipated game and Steve Gleeson deserves to be ranked up there with some of the best to play in our comp. Outstanding competitor who was very focused on field but was also the first in for a beer afterwards, will leave a huge hole to fill at Watmough Park.

Out of interest, and i'm not trying to be fasecious , could you please put your own stats up, if you know them;)

I dont know them. I reckon I have played:
Riverside - 65
Bundoora- 75
Lalor Stars- 44
Sth Morang- 22
Whittlesea - 13
D/Creek - 3
222 games

Debut in 1984/85

Yes I am a slut!

Terry Keays at Bundoora

74 games
1992 runs @39.84
265 wickets @12.02
2 flags 98/99, 01/02

12,350 cigarettes
4,300 cans of pepsi max
1,286 inapropriate jokes ( eating the cricket ball the best of them, not sure the 55 women in the room thought so!!! )

Bundoora;364400 said:
Terry Keays at Bundoora

74 games
1992 runs @39.84
265 wickets @12.02
2 flags 98/99, 01/02

12,350 cigarettes
4,300 cans of pepsi max
1,286 inapropriate jokes ( eating the cricket ball the best of them, not sure the 55 women in the room thought so!!! )

Thats when I could bat a bit. Putrid now. I would love to tell the Cricket ball joke on here but would estimate it lasting about 20 seconds. Its not a nice joke. Cricket balls have feelings!:D:D:D

Word down from Ironbark is that their highly regarded young gun open bat/bowl is looking for a move to greener pastures, whether that be up a division in the DV or onto subbies is yet to be determined...

LegB4;364976 said:
Word down from Ironbark is that their highly regarded young gun open bat/bowl is looking for a move to greener pastures, whether that be up a division in the DV or onto subbies is yet to be determined...

wasn't he on the exec at the bats, best allround player for his age in money shield. would be a great addition to any club.

barrel;354964 said:
Wrongun can you tell us if Wunhym is staying at Mont just as a player?? Moved on?? Retired??

Flinders is playing at Bundoora, Clearance granted last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back