DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
After giving Mill Park a rap for their 17's, seems some things don't change. Heard that one player from Eltham in the 17's has left because he was not happy about the slagging of opposition by a number of his former team mates. Seems he told them (a few times) to cut it out and was told if he didn't like it to not play in future which he has now done. Told by a Mill Park player (not by the Eltham boy by the way) that he did not say anything to his team mates himself, but thought it was over the top and added that had a real umpire been there, they would have been reported. Seems it only stated once Preston lost a few wickets and were no longer in the hunt.

Why Mill Park seem to allow this from kids is very disappointing for cricket (when we need to get kids wanting to play our great game). Congrats to the Eltham boy anyway for trying to stop this crap. If this is true (have spoken with kids from both sides who say it is) Mill Park really need to have a look at how they run their club. Last year their conduct in the E grade GF was questioned and again now. Told it's far from the 1st time MP have acted in this manner. If its A grade, maybe some is ok but Under 17's.... really. Maybe a few kids, coaches and committee need a wake up call.

Anyway well done to the kid for trying to stop this crap. Hopefully he has not given the game away. Not all clubs play this way.

After giving Mill Park a rap for their 17's, seems some things don't change. Heard that one player from Eltham in the 17's has left because he was not happy about the slagging of opposition by a number of his former team mates. Seems he told them (a few times) to cut it out and was told if he didn't like it to not play in future which he has now done. Told by a Mill Park player (not by the Eltham boy by the way) that he did not say anything to his team mates himself, but thought it was over the top and added that had a real umpire been there, they would have been reported. Seems it only stated once Preston lost a few wickets and were no longer in the hunt.

Why Mill Park seem to allow this from kids is very disappointing for cricket (when we need to get kids wanting to play our great game). Congrats to the Eltham boy anyway for trying to stop this crap. If this is true (have spoken with kids from both sides who say it is) Mill Park really need to have a look at how they run their club. Last year their conduct in the E grade GF was questioned and again now. Told it's far from the 1st time MP have acted in this manner. If its A grade, maybe some is ok but Under 17's.... really. Maybe a few kids, coaches and committee need a wake up call.

Anyway well done to the kid for trying to stop this crap. Hopefully he has not given the game away. Not all clubs play this way.

I think everyone in the diamond valley knows who the Mill Park kid is
Look lets be honest mate cricket isn't a clean sport in the way of abuse, so If you want to play the game you have to be mentally tough.
Have a watch of premier, state or international cricket, you will rarely find a "clean" game.
Look I'd be pissed off if i was the kid from eltham (also know who it is) but it wouldnt get me to a point where id walk off the ground. Nor should it get to a point where another person is writing paragraph upon paragraph about how it was good of me to walk away and that the club has no standards.
I mean if i collected a dollar for everytime i've been abused on the cricket field id be a millionaire.
Point is mate cricket's a tough game, what happens on the field stays on the field.
You make it sound far more dramatic.
If you give the game away over that, netball could be your sport...
The eltham kid is a grouse bloke by the way

Re: DVCA: Player movements and rumours

I notice in the fixture....Morang to play MP at Redleap,shouldnt be to hard for the away boys to find that ground.....Seen half of them just came from there,and a few more seriously pondering the move up north from the bronx....

Interesting times ahead id say..

I'm tipping the drive home from the Bronx was evan longer! Very Interesting times ahead...

went to Shaun Browns last Saturday arvo for hit and saw a good 25 Riverside players having a decent hit, any other teams do the same due to the rain?

Overheard Adam Dale talking today, think he was talking to people from Eltham. Anyway seemed like they were trying to convince him to play there next season, was adamant that he was committed to playing at Research next season! Would be a great get!

Heard on the weekend of some rumblings at Macleod, the coach has walked over a dispute with a certain wicket keeper.
This wicket keeper played against our 2's this yr and gobbed off like a world champion, Their one's were not real happy with his antics in the first week after the break, I also witnessed him kick the stumps over vs us last season, seems a bit sooky...heard he's putting himself on the market too....he wont be approached by us, EVER! and with all our rumuored retirements we need players!!!lol

Heard on the weekend of some rumblings at Macleod, the coach has walked over a dispute with a certain wicket keeper.
This wicket keeper played against our 2's this yr and gobbed off like a world champion, Their one's were not real happy with his antics in the first week after the break, I also witnessed him kick the stumps over vs us last season, seems a bit sooky...heard he's putting himself on the market too....he wont be approached by us, EVER! and with all our rumuored retirements we need players!!!lol

Your source in regards to the coach walking please ? ( cause they are wrong ). And it's no secret that Ash will be shopping himself around - been an open secret for the best part of 2 months.

Ok Harry2bob, dont post on here very much at all, but you got me to bite! well done :)
Which club are you from? Epping?
i'll put you straight on a couple of points.
Was having a year off this year until being talked into coming back for a few games. (which in hindsight i should have just said no and stuck with my year off as my heart really wasnt in playing and it was a frustrating year)
I have never kicked over the stumps, i actually threw the ball down at the stumps. (tipping i wasnt up to the stumps as Dan O'leary was bowling, and even im not the that stupid)
as for the gobbing off... yeah i like to say things but cricket would be no fun without the banter on the field. all in all happy to have a beer with anyone after the game!

Also the coach leaving has absolutley nothing to do with me.

As for shopping myself around.. i do take offence to that. Have been at Macleod for 15 years and never shopped myself around, if i wish to have a look at whats around the the valley and apply i see nothing wrong with that.

Cheers
Woody

"As for shopping myself around.. i do take offence to that. Have been at Macleod for 15 years and never shopped myself around, if i wish to have a look at whats around the the valley and apply i see nothing wrong with that."

You take offence to me saying it (only saying what i heard by the way) and you see nothing wrong with it??? im confused.

and yes, you kicked over the stump when the game was over...i think the spinner was on??

serge, my source wasnt from your club, but it was brought up in general conversation at the final i was at...i guess its all hearsay, fair enough. why is he leaving then?

Ok Harry2bob, dont post on here very much at all, but you got me to bite! well done :)
Which club are you from? Epping?
i'll put you straight on a couple of points.
Was having a year off this year until being talked into coming back for a few games. (which in hindsight i should have just said no and stuck with my year off as my heart really wasnt in playing and it was a frustrating year)
I have never kicked over the stumps, i actually threw the ball down at the stumps. (tipping i wasnt up to the stumps as Dan O'leary was bowling, and even im not the that stupid)
as for the gobbing off... yeah i like to say things but cricket would be no fun without the banter on the field. all in all happy to have a beer with anyone after the game!

Also the coach leaving has absolutley nothing to do with me.

As for shopping myself around.. i do take offence to that. Have been at Macleod for 15 years and never shopped myself around, if i wish to have a look at whats around the the valley and apply i see nothing wrong with that.

Cheers
Woody
You know what I meant woody. No disrepect, but you will always be a Macleod man. I'll be hunting you down come August in any event. Oh, good luck for this weekend.

"As for shopping myself around.. i do take offence to that. Have been at Macleod for 15 years and never shopped myself around, if i wish to have a look at whats around the the valley and apply i see nothing wrong with that."

You take offence to me saying it (only saying what i heard by the way) and you see nothing wrong with it??? im confused.

and yes, you kicked over the stump when the game was over...i think the spinner was on??

serge, my source wasnt from your club, but it was brought up in general conversation at the final i was at...i guess its all hearsay, fair enough. why is he leaving then?

Expanded family commitments

Harry, . I remember the game, Topham made 100 odd to win the game, The last ball before Tea he was caught down legside of Dan O'leary given not out. Which is when stmps were knocked over by the ball not my legs.
i was furious but shouldnt have thrown the ball at the pegs, tipping if i did kick em over would have been reported for it!

you posted about this when it happened but i can tell you i didnt kick em over.

short time reader, first time poster lol

popped in to see a great topham inspired win by the mighty pingers v macleod on saturday, we'll be back next year!!

can someone please explain how there were no reports from this match? i heard massive abuse toward the umpires and even the stumps got kicked over when toppy was given not out last ball before tea, everyone heard the knick, except the ump, but the carry on was uncalled for and no reports????? who is in control these days? and where is the comp heading when players can boot the stumps out of the ground and no action is taken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back