DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serg, It would appear that Wood has left the nest?? or is this another attention seeker who'll stuff everyone around?

I heard recently he was staying at the nest???? if thats true he better tell Mont!!!

This is from the money forum.........................

Dear Player,
As another season is quickly approaching it’s important to warm up the cricket brain!
After a fantastic home and away season it was very disappointing for all three grades to drop their semi finals. This should make everyone more enthusiastic about this season and hungrier to achieve the ultimate success.
The club is very pleased to have appointed two experienced cricketers to our coaching panel;
Ashley Wood has been appointed as Assistant Coach. Ash is a great addition to our club and recently Captained/Coached Macleod to the Money Shield premiership in 2007/08. Ash has represented DVCA in many Representative matches, along with many other cricket awards.
Daniel Thorpe has been appointed as Batting Coach. Daniel is a four time A grade premiership player with Rosanna and along with many other personal accolades, Thorpey brings with him a wealth of cricket and playing experience and will be a great asset to our club.
It’s also fantastic news to welcome back Mark O’Brien to the club. Mark has been playing Sub District cricket with Broadmedows and we look forward to him slotting in to our line up with the bat and the ball.
It’s an exciting time to be involved with the Montmorency CC and with pre season only five weeks away it’s time to get motivated to improve! With the disappointment of last year’s finals series it is important we are ready to go come Round 1. Make sure you get to as many of the pre-season sessions as possible to give ourselves the best chance to start the season off with a bang.
Luke Anderson
Captain/Coach

Serg, It would appear that Wood has left the nest?? or is this another attention seeker who'll stuff everyone around?

I heard recently he was staying at the nest???? if thats true he better tell Mont!!!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he has left the nest. Don't know when clearances are done, but have yet to see one.
I'm positive that he knows he is always welcome down the club for a beer and a chat whenever the time suits, and of course will be welcome to continue playing. I've got the feeling he feels he needs a new environment to enjoy his cricket a bit more.

Dave Potter has cracked it at Lower and going to Hursbridge with Steven Smith and Mark George. Rumoured to be unhappy with focus on young players at LP

Dave Potter has cracked it at Lower and going to Hursbridge with Steven Smith and Mark George. Rumoured to be unhappy with focus on young players at LP

From my bar stool at the other end of Montmorency Park, I heard that he wasn't the most popular player. Getting paid $3000 last season to make 150 runs and spend a lot of the time hiding down at No 6.

The Don has heard Big bubba Ray Kesley is on 15k at North Eltham (good source). He would want to cook, clean and get 600 runs wouldnt he? Maybe roll the arm over aswell?
Wow Wee! Where is local cricket heading?

Rumor has it that they have been throwing even more money so they dont get embarassed agian in barclay.... plenty of money behind the scenes... Does any one know who epping is chasing after the retierment of both hursts...toull, draper, mcginty,

Rumour mill going nuts lately
Montmorency lost Donno but picked up Nikolovski, Brentnal and Dorrinton from Rosanna, as well as Cisek from NEW, Bosso and Wood from Macleod, Fennell from Hursty
NEW, Ray Kelsey coaching from G'Boro,also D.Cunningham, J.Henkel, S.Neary(ex-gboro) and Harbinson
Lwr Eltham pick up Salvatore
Camrae, Volpe to Coach, DiBattista, Smithwhiting and Altis also moving there.
Lalor Stars, lost Volpe, P.Dean, Scott, Kemp/Keays retired?
Thommo have Snowy coaching and Scott from Lalor
Diamo, Adams and Sturgess returning from N/cote.
Macleod will struggle a lot with with losing Bosso, Wood, Burchett, Lancaster and James

who knows how many of these have any truth behind them, just some of what i have heard.

i doubt monty picked up ciesk for any speacial reason... macleod are advertising to jika pin pointing bramich, mahony , draper, and toull.... so is epping...

keays, hurst's, kemp, chesterton, n baker to retire

i doubt monty picked up ciesk for any speacial reason... macleod are advertising to jika pin pointing bramich, mahony , draper, and toull.... so is epping...

keays, hurst's, kemp, chesterton, n baker to retire

so is epping hey?? care to elaborate on these blokes?? bramich is rivergum?? toull plays olympic colts 2's and 3's, the others???

that is laughable

Very interesting indeed. His love of the almighty dollar is reasonably well known.

PA could you update us on this?

I think you`ll find that there is nothing sinister in this! From my understanding, he has taken on a role coaching and doing development work with juniors etc.

I think you`ll find that there is nothing sinister in this! From my understanding, he has taken on a role coaching and doing development work with juniors etc.

Im just having a little fun at someone elses expense. In all seriousness I looked at the LPCC website and I like the look of what they are doing. For too long I think the role of the coach has generally been defenied as someone who looks after 'A' grade and can make 350+ runs / 40 wickets and do the best they can with everyone else. If that cant change, then the addition of other coaching staff (paid or otherwise) is the way to go. Hopefully it works for Lower, it would be good to see them back up in Barclay.

Good to see nothings changed with me old mates at Camrea, money still doing the talking

Their top players next season
Volpe, Mcgann, Berak, Chamil Perera and Chamindu Perera (from stars) ....all homegrown clubmen...NOT

none of them would be there except for the almighty dollar...
With Pougious and Fellows almost out the door, might need a few more sponsors to top up the other half of their team.

In all seriousness, not being overly familiar with the internals of DVCA clubs, are there other teams this reliant on cash in your comp??? it doesnt happen in our comp anymore, a few clubs would have 2 maybe 3 at best on the books...not 5 or 6...whats the point?? really?

Yeah it was rubbish until your club and your nemesis left, but not anymore.

proves what you do is wrong, how many jika premierships did you pay for?? and now its rubbish?? irony, right there

Wait until you get into that big merged comp, there will be money flying around everywhere.
Now off you go and join the tumbleweeds in the NMCA forum.

In all seriousness, not being overly familiar with the internals of DVCA clubs, are there other teams this reliant on cash in your comp??? it doesnt happen in our comp anymore, a few clubs would have 2 maybe 3 at best on the books...not 5 or 6...whats the point?? really?

Well over the last 8 years and 6 Barclay Shield flags I can say we have only ever paid 1 player the captain / coach, and everyone else has been incientive based. If players performed they were looked after, 50's & 100's for the bats and 4 wickets and more for the bowlers.

Like iv said before paying blokes lump sums does nothing for local cricket clubs, we have built a culture at our club where blokes want to play for the lure of success and improving as cricketers. In that 8 years we have had 1 bloke come and go after he has won a flag. Probably another 10 others have come in that time from other clubs and won premierships and never left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back