Dvca: Season 2011-2012

Tongs - maybe the problem with your Club is the first point you make is the non-attendance of another Club of which we have no idea why (and either do I), possibly time would be better spent getting Eltham to a positionwhere they are not the embarrassment of the competition both on and off the field - probably several years away though.

PS: Why do you HAVE to play semi-finals, because it has always been done?? So 3rd and 4th miss out, should 5th and 6th in the current format feel aggrieved that they don't get a chance to play finals? You seem like a real twit, hope you prove me wrong.

Can you just clarify what the Issues are with my club? And how we are the embarrassment of the comp? Whilst we haven't had the most success over the last few years and have battled to stay in Barclay, fact of the matter is, we did. We managed to stay up when others didn't. So on field we are obviously doing better than others. Secondly, what off field issues are there? I have been at the club for near 20 years and on the committee for about the last 12, yet I have no knowledge of off field issues?????

How am i a real twit by wanting to play semi finals? Like every other cricket compitition that I know?

I never said I could do a better job, and I spoke in depth with the person who made the decision last night. And was told it was a trial too. Its really not rocket science. This is what we were told:

2 grades (of the same level) of 10 teams.
You play 4 teams once.
You play the other 5 teams twice.
Total of 14 games.

Then the Grand Final.

Is it really that hard to play 13 games and play a semi final? I would happily call the DVCA and "Volunteer my time" to tell them this. That would be a 40seconds of my time well spent.
Ah Tongs, just more piss and wind after the fact......plenty of people with so much to say after the AGM.

Where was all the power and heavyweights from the Clubs, so many words were spoken about who was going to stnad up and who was going to take the place of the 'grubs who sold us up the river'????? Sick of the King of Pythons, the Love of the Power. and all the Church boys who were so against the current Exec and would do a better job.....
....WELL, we're waiting????..... you now have your chance to step up...

To my understanding a member of the Exec had indicated he would be willing to step into the Presidents role, however a change of circumstances meant that he could not or would not do it. Apparently this was not communicated and was not known come AGM time. It`s nots the end of the world to not have President, after all thats why you elect Vice Presidents! Nothing deluded about that. I did not say the 80 over result was the major thing, just a positive thing. Perhaps brush up on your reading skills and perhaps do as Skyhooks once said and "Take Another Pill to Calm (Me) Down"!
Everyone knew that Maxwell was not going to stand again, after the caning he had copped, why would he.....so why would we all rely on one person to step forward and take the role.
There are only 2 Vice Presidents, and one of them declared himself not to want the role.
And with only 3 people on the Junior Exec, (this is the MOST alarming fact), OUR comp is in a fine pickle....the people who wanted the Exec out, have now got what they wanted, but are they too scared to actually put it on the line.

Ah Tongs, just more piss and wind after the fact......plenty of people with so much to say after the AGM.

Where was all the power and heavyweights from the Clubs, so many words were spoken about who was going to stnad up and who was going to take the place of the 'grubs who sold us up the river'????? Sick of the King of Pythons, the Love of the Power. and all the Church boys who were so against the current Exec and would do a better job.....
....WELL, we're waiting????..... you now have your chance to step up...

I don't think you need to put everyone into the same category as the people mentioned. Firstly, I was not at the meeting at Plenty. Secondly I think Maxwell has done a good job. But I also didn't want to merge at all.

Either way its not piss and wind after the fact. I brought it up at the AGM. And spoke with Neil who made the decision, who is an ECC committee member.

To clarify something, Tongs, yes I know we spoke today but I feel I should settle this online.

I was the person from Lower Eltham that did not attend, I was the one that was supposed to but at 4.30 that afternoon I was called to a part of my work that does not allow any forms of communication. I did not think I would be that long but when I realised I could not make it I had no way of contacting someone to attend. Once out I emailed Michael and mark and apologised and explained. Due to the type of work I do they understood and accepted my apology.

If my non-attendance offended anyone, I apologise to you as well.

end.

Again, why was there only ONE person from your club attending?? After everything that was said at the Plenty meeting, and also the Pre AGM, surely this was the night for numbers to be high.

Again, why was there only ONE person from your club attending?? After everything that was said at the Plenty meeting, and also the Pre AGM, surely this was the night for numbers to be high.

Why, you obviously have no idea how an AGM works. You only need one person to vote. Clubs only get 1 vote. The Pleny meeting was a discussion and a decision was made, this was accepted at the pre=AGM.

It was not planned that I would miss and again sorry if I offended, obviously I offended you, happy to catch up and chat about that if you want.

Who do you work for, the CIA? (you don't have to answer, just attempting to be humorous)

Not CIA mate, I am actually in the Army, just over 21 years in with tours to Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel, East Timor and others. Best job in the world and I am damn proud of it. Sometimes it takes control of what I am able to do.

Unfortunately I am instructing a few courses at the moment and yes we do have certain buildings that communication is restricted, that's life. Tongs was only being a smart arse, I actually know him and he was trying to have a crack as he did not rock up to a earlier meeting. I am certainly over it, some are not.....Oh well, I am usually at Lower Eltham during the season and more than happy to have a beer and chat about life, more than happy for people to come down and question me and decisions that effect the DVCA that where accidentaly made by me face to face.

Cheers

I
Why, you obviously have no idea how an AGM works. You only need one person to vote. Clubs only get 1 vote. The Pleny meeting was a discussion and a decision was made, this was accepted at the pre=AGM.

It was not planned that I would miss and again sorry if I offended, obviously I offended you, happy to catch up and chat about that if you want.
Not offended at all, a bit in shock maybe of how it all unfolded on the night, still can't understand that noone put their hands up to take over the Presidents position, after all that was said.
I do understand that only 1 person needs to be in attendance, this is not a rule though, and after all that had happened in the off season, would have thought that plenty of people would have wanted to be there.

I

Not offended at all, a bit in shock maybe of how it all unfolded on the night, still can't understand that noone put their hands up to take over the Presidents position, after all that was said.
I do understand that only 1 person needs to be in attendance, this is not a rule though, and after all that had happened in the off season, would have thought that plenty of people would have wanted to be there.

From past experiences it is much better if Clubs only have 1 or 2 reps as then it limits the mindless dribble discussion that some Clubs partake in. I remember the pre-AGm last year when the 2 piece/4 piece situation was being discussed, some of the rubbish coming from North Eltham and Riverside reps was embarrassing, the less said the better, Clubs should have their stance decided upon before DVCA meetings.

From past experiences it is much better if Clubs only have 1 or 2 reps as then it limits the mindless dribble discussion that some Clubs partake in. I remember the pre-AGm last year when the 2 piece/4 piece situation was being discussed, some of the rubbish coming from the Riverside rep was embarrassing, the less said the better, Clubs should have their stance decided upon before DVCA meetings.

They have a habit of doing that, bunch of rabble!:)

From past experiences it is much better if Clubs only have 1 or 2 reps as then it limits the mindless dribble discussion that some Clubs partake in. I remember the pre-AGm last year when the 2 piece/4 piece situation was being discussed, some of the rubbish coming from North Eltham and Riverside reps was embarrassing, the less said the better, Clubs should have their stance decided upon before DVCA meetings.

Still wanting an answer to how Eltham have been the "embarrassment to the DVCA" on and off the field?

Can you just clarify what the Issues are with my club? And how we are the embarrassment of the comp? Whilst we haven't had the most success over the last few years and have battled to stay in Barclay, fact of the matter is, we did. We managed to stay up when others didn't. So on field we are obviously doing better than others. Secondly, what off field issues are there? I have been at the club for near 20 years and on the committee for about the last 12, yet I have no knowledge of off field issues?????

How am i a real twit by wanting to play semi finals? Like every other cricket compitition that I know?

I don't have an issue with your Club at all, although I don't think you are helping their cause with some of the crap you come up with on this forum. I have a real issue with you having a go at another club for not attending the AGM when your efforts are probably better spent working on improving your own club. By off-field issues I mean the lack of club culture that I have heard about, correct me if I am wrong but the Eltham clubrooms close most Saturdays at 8 or so??

All i meant about the semi-finals is, just because it has always been done that way doesn't make it right.

They have a habit of doing that, bunch of rabble!:)
The example of attendance / non attendance at the AGM was highlighted the most by the "Churchies". At the Plenty meeting, and again at the PreAGM, they were the loudest by far in their views of Maxwell and co being dismissed, and to then send only 1 rep, who sat and giggled all night without offering any thoughts or wisdom is a disgrace.....the prime example of Club being bigger than Comp, they do not care about the future of any other Clubs, just themselves.

I don't have an issue with your Club at all, although I don't think you are helping their cause with some of the crap you come up with on this forum. I have a real issue with you having a go at another club for not attending the AGM when your efforts are probably better spent working on improving your own club. By off-field issues I mean the lack of club culture that I have heard about, correct me if I am wrong but the Eltham clubrooms close most Saturdays at 8 or so??

All i meant about the semi-finals is, just because it has always been done that way doesn't make it right.

With everything that has been said and done in the DVCA over the past few months I would have thought that every single club would be there. I know CowCorner personally and know that he would be the first one at any cricket meeting. Therefore I had a rye crack at him knowing he would understand. As for the club shutting at 8, that's completely false and you're welcome to come have a beer at anytime! As for my efforts at my own club, I have been apart of a 3 man committee this year to recruit players. Which have netted 5 A grade players, and 4 others. I have also stepped up to fill in the vacant secretary position at my club, serving on the committee for the 11th year straight. So rather than have a crack at me, telling me to do more at my club, how about you get your facts right and stop talking shlte?

The example of attendance / non attendance at the AGM was highlighted the most by the "Churchies". At the Plenty meeting, and again at the PreAGM, they were the loudest by far in their views of Maxwell and co being dismissed, and to then send only 1 rep, who sat and giggled all night without offering any thoughts or wisdom is a disgrace.....the prime example of Club being bigger than Comp, they do not care about the future of any other Clubs, just themselves.

Cut them some slack, if you've seen the way their 'A' grade rolls over in February each year you'd understand why they need to focus on themselves.;)

Perhaps that's why Elthams had no success...

Perhaps that's why Elthams had no success...

Strangler -
you played district level cricket, sent an email to pretty much the whole club whinging that you didn't get picked in a particular grade. W anker!

You then came back to local cricket, where you get on a website and declare that the club has picked up a massive recruit who will have a big year and push for finals, talking about yourself. W anker.

You then are nothing more of a cat with bat and ball, but still talk yourself up. W anker.

You then go into hiding for 4 months like a scared little p ussy because you have been found out. W anker.

You have no credibility on here at all, so you can't throw stones! Whilst you're probably a better cricketer than I, when things get tough you won't see me backing down. Let alone running and hiding like a little school girl as you did for much of last year! Even when me and a few riverside boys went toe to toe last year, where were you? Hiding behind the umpire! Yep, that's right I was watching you hiding.

For you to sledge someone about being on their clubs committee trying to help their club out, then blaming the clubs lack of success on that, just shows how big a flog you are.

Back