Dvca: Season 2011-2012

We were stiff last year not to stay up (you were lucky) and we have recruited well. I'm not saying we will go up this year, but we will make it back up in the near future. We still have the best bat in the comp over the last 5-10 years. You have average imports and a short little bald guy that gets a game every now and then. What's his name? Brad something?

How's carl? Well he has a "splitting headache" at the moment...

You always go on about the new recruits you have got, clubs just dont exist from recruits! clubs exist from players who have played through the ranks, and the way you are talking, all you care about is the new recruits and Minney.

You always go on about the new recruits you have got, clubs just dont exist from recruits! clubs exist from players who have played through the ranks, and the way you are talking, all you care about is the new recruits and Minney.

And who are these recruits? From what I've heard they're just Money Shield players anyway! And Eltham is playing Money Shield.

We were stiff last year not to stay up (you were lucky) and we have recruited well. I'm not saying we will go up this year, but we will make it back up in the near future. We still have the best bat in the comp over the last 5-10 years. You have average imports and a short little bald guy that gets a game every now and then. What's his name? Brad something?

How's carl? Well he has a "splitting headache" at the moment...

When it's all said and done, Eltham have recruited three Money Shield players (Gutterson, Kennell and Donaldson) to play in Money Shield. Time will tell whether or not they can gel quickly enough to get them straight back up. Either way I don't think anyone in Barclay Shield will be looking over their shoulder any time soon...

Eltham have more then just the recruits. You seem to be forgetting people like Minney and Davidson. Im sure both these men are capable of making runs in Money Shield as they both have previously in Barclay Shield.
The recruits will just bolster the stocks down at Eltham.

Speaking of recruits, what are the changes going to be at Plenty this year to cover the retirements of the "Big Three"?

Wouldn't you like to know! They will be released at a later date.. But consider the possiblities with Greg Wilson being the coach
I know you stuck up for me, but consider the possibilities with Willo being coach? He didn't bring a single player to ECC?

As for the other muppets, yes we have picked up money shield players, but the fact is: they are good, proven players. We also have an ex eltham, district 2s player coming back. Along with Skips, Davo, home grown Nath Chrimes will have a massive year in only his second year of playing 1s.

I know you stuck up for me, but consider the possibilities with Willo being coach? He didn't bring a single player to ECC?

As for the other muppets, yes we have picked up money shield players, but the fact is: they are good, proven players. We also have an ex eltham, district 2s player coming back. Along with Skips, Davo, home grown Nath Chrimes will have a massive year in only his second year of playing 1s.

whos the district twos player? and i think you should speak to this nath chrimes after all he has been doing a pre season with both plenty valley and northcote over the past 5 weeks? He's off to bigger and better things... as for davo- pffff and skips? lets see how the old body holds together first

Should we have separate forums ( Barclay and Money ) so we don't have to read all of the Eltham drivel every second post ?
If you have a look, it's me responding to peoples comments or questions. Don't like it, don't read it. Or you could start a conversation about something else? How about you tell us how your club has done in the off season?

In response to the questions asked:

Who's the district player? Wait til round 1.
Skips is playing 100%, and how will his old body hold up? It held up for about 500 runs and 100 overs last year.
Davo, will make 400+ this year!
Nath players under 17s on a Friday night, has also been training with us. No issues there!

If you have a look, it's me responding to peoples comments or questions. Don't like it, don't read it. Or you could start a conversation about something else? How about you tell us how your club has done in the off season?

Nath players under 17s on a Friday night, has also been training with us. No issues there!

Thought Nath was top age 17s last year.If he is playing subbies or district good luck to him. He is a talented batsmen on bouncy synthetic. Hope he makes the transition to turf and does well.

Heard a rumour at the local footy recently, Rosbrook is leaving - any truth?

From what I understand Rosbrook isn't going anywhere and either is Salvatore, no doubt PremiersAgain will chime in with some news regarding these guys - they might have another Villani or so in their team next year but no Salm.

Great to use our new multi-purpose training facility for the first time today. Number have been good and very impressed with the way our new coach Julian Delahunt is controlling things. Thumbs up also to assistants Michael Bowen and Jeff Watt.

Fixtures are out. Whittlesea playing in Money shield

Doesn't make any sense. Why have 2 teams gone up from B grade, but the team that was already in Money Shield, Hurstbridge, gets relegated? If I recall, last time a team folded, the team that was supposed to get relegated didn't.

Doesn't make any sense. Why have 2 teams gone up from B grade, but the team that was already in Money Shield, Hurstbridge, gets relegated? If I recall, last time a team folded, the team that was supposed to get relegated didn't.

No doubt HB would have been offered to stay up - or should have been.
Maybe they chose to go down if they feel they are not going to be competitive is MS??

No doubt HB would have been offered to stay up - or should have been.
Maybe they chose to go down if they feel they are not going to be competitive is MS??

Choosing relegation is always a bad option. More teams struggle after relegation than succeed.

Back