Dvca: Season 2011-2012

My tip is we will have to hold another extraordinary AGM when the executive positions do not get filled tomorrow night :rolleyes:

So - what happend tonite?

IS Tool PRes, or did someone else stand to replace him?

What was the mood of the meeting?
Was an absolute farce. The DVCA currently does not have a President.
How can a room full of 'determined' minds decide to oust a President and then not have the balls to run for the position. Where was the big men who declared that the comp would be better off without these blokes if they were not prepared to stand up and put their names on the line??
The 'power' clubs are only interested in making themselves stronger, not the betterment of the competition as a whole.

How can a room full of 'determined' minds decide to oust a President and then not have the balls to run for the position. Where was the big men who declared that the comp would be better off without these blokes if they were not prepared to stand up and put their names on the line??
The 'power' clubs are only interested in making themselves stronger, not the betterment of the competition as a whole.

I thought they declined to stand? Anyway move on, seems as though a few positives came out of it! GF`s to be 80 overs in Barclay and Money Shields is one of them!

maxwell was nominated but declined , i was unaware that maxwell was not going to nominate for the presidents role i dont know about any one else but asking a room full of majority presidents to then put their hand up to be president of dvca would be a big ask . If maxwell was not going to stand for presidency than i believe it should have been posted on the dvca website so clubs would have more time to find a candidate if any.

I thought they declined to stand? Anyway move on, seems as though a few positives came out of it! GF`s to be 80 overs in Barclay and Money Shields is one of them!
Move on?? How can a competition be taken seriously if it doesn't have a President, and if you think that the 80 over scenario was the 'major' thing to come out of the meeting, you too are delusional.

maxwell was nominated but declined , i was unaware that maxwell was not going to nominate for the presidents role i dont know about any one else but asking a room full of majority presidents to then put their hand up to be president of dvca would be a big ask . If maxwell was not going to stand for presidency than i believe it should have been posted on the dvca website so clubs would have more time to find a candidate if any.

Why would Maxwell feel he has to make it public that he was not running, all positions were advertised on the DVCA website, or do you simply spend all your day on this forum and not look at what is going on around us.
Maxwell obviously got wind of what was said at the Clubs meeting at Plenty, and I too, would step aside if the feeling from the Clubs was as strong as it was then, and also at the Pre-AGM, that he was not wanted.
Why was the Pre-AGM a full house and last night only Presidents show up, all clubs could send along as many 'members' as they wish, so all the LOUD voices from the previous meetings who made the stance pretty clear that they wanted the Exec ousted, could have come along and put their weak hands in the air.

This was my thoughts on last night:

• Firstly, sorry CowCorner, but it is a down right disgrace that Lower Eltham were not in attendance last night. With so many big things going on in the DVCA and the all important AGM on, for any club to not have a representative is nothing short of insulting to the DVCA and rest of the clubs. Lower Eltham being the ONLY club not to attend.
  • Numbers in general were shit! Elthams AGM had near as many numbers as the DVCA, and I am sure we aren't the only club. Do people actually care what happens?
  • I, like many others have had gripes with decisions and thought processes that the Executive have made over the last 19 years I have played in the DVCA. Mark Maxwell included. BUT! In saying that, we said that we didn't want the NCL to go through because we have the best local comp in the state. Fair enough that we think that too, but how has that come about? From the leadership of Maxwell... I think the comments about him are extremely harsh and unfair. For a guy to put so much time and effort into a comp like he has shows that he truly loves the comp, like others say they do, but do nothing about it.
  • In saying that, I agree that if Maxwell did not want to run for Presidency, which I knew weeks ago (and I don't speak with him, I thought it was common knowledge) then yes it should be made public and advertised that it was going to be the case. I know they advertise every position, but 9 times out of 10 it is just a formality. People should have known that we need a new President.
  • We have constantly bagged the other two comps, now each and everyone of us have egg dripping from our face. Its embarrassing to not have a president!
  • I thought it was interesting to vote finals to be played over 80 overs. I personally would like to have kept the current format, but understand the want to keep it the same.
  • I personally think that the one day comp not having semi finals is the dumbest thing i have ever heard! YOu have to play semi finals before a Grand final. Especially when at the moment it looks like you will play everyone once, and half the teams twice. There is plenty of room to play semi finals. Its not soccer! What happens next? We just give the flag to the team that is on top of the ladder at the end of the year?

Why would Maxwell feel he has to make it public that he was not running, all positions were advertised on the DVCA website, or do you simply spend all your day on this forum and not look at what is going on around us.
Maxwell obviously got wind of what was said at the Clubs meeting at Plenty, and I too, would step aside if the feeling from the Clubs was as strong as it was then, and also at the Pre-AGM, that he was not wanted.
Why was the Pre-AGM a full house and last night only Presidents show up, all clubs could send along as many 'members' as they wish, so all the LOUD voices from the previous meetings who made the stance pretty clear that they wanted the Exec ousted, could have come along and put their weak hands in the air.

I wasnt at the Plenty meeting but from what I heard there were clearly people there with a personal agenda against Mark, including some club Presidents. What fantastic leaders they are, drive a great DVCA person out of an honourary role to be replaced by no-one, great vision boys, hope you run your own clubs that way. Very dissapointing.

• I personally think that the one day comp not having semi finals is the dumbest thing i have ever heard! YOu have to play semi finals before a Grand final. Especially when at the moment it looks like you will play everyone once, and half the teams twice. There is plenty of room to play semi finals. Its not soccer! What happens next? We just give the flag to the team that is on top of the ladder at the end of the year?

The Sheffield Shield was awarded to the top placed team from 1892/93 to 1981/82. No final.

The one day competition is a trial, and this has been stated all along, if you think that you can organise a better running of this 'NEW' grade, with 20 sides, then contact the DVCA and volunteer your time, I am sure that they would appreciate it.
Let it play out for one year, and then at the Pre AGM for 2012, put your thoughts and ideas forward.

The one day competition is a trial, and this has been stated all along, if you think that you can organise a better running of this 'NEW' grade, with 20 sides, then contact the DVCA and volunteer your time, I am sure that they would appreciate it.
Let it play out for one year, and then at the Pre AGM for 2012, put your thoughts and ideas forward.

a bit sensitive today , there is nothing wrong with bringing up ideas and i do believe this was brought up at the AGM , just because someone has a idea does not mean that the other person is doing a bad job . I for one thought the entire DVCA committee do a great job even tho i was against the NCL .

I never said I could do a better job, and I spoke in depth with the person who made the decision last night. And was told it was a trial too. Its really not rocket science. This is what we were told:

2 grades (of the same level) of 10 teams.
You play 4 teams once.
You play the other 5 teams twice.
Total of 14 games.

Then the Grand Final.

Is it really that hard to play 13 games and play a semi final? I would happily call the DVCA and "Volunteer my time" to tell them this. That would be a 40seconds of my time well spent.

GOLD jerry, Gold!!!!
From DVCA website, what a joke!!!

These blokes are kidding themsleves!!!!

Rather than trolling yourself on the DVCA boards, why don't you go back to the jika and HDCA boards and talk your shit over there. You are not welcome here unless you post something constructive ( and have yet to see anything constructive come from you yet ).
Do you seriously think that Jika is a good comp ? Please inform us all how many sides from DVCA and HDCA have actually joined Jika in the past 50 years ? It's a dead set joke.

• Firstly, sorry CowCorner, but it is a down right disgrace that Lower Eltham were not in attendance last night. With so many big things going on in the DVCA and the all important AGM on, for any club to not have a representative is nothing short of insulting to the DVCA and rest of the clubs. Lower Eltham being the ONLY club not to attend.
  • Numbers in general were shit! Elthams AGM had near as many numbers as the DVCA, and I am sure we aren't the only club. Do people actually care what happens?
  • I, like many others have had gripes with decisions and thought processes that the Executive have made over the last 19 years I have played in the DVCA. Mark Maxwell included. BUT! In saying that, we said that we didn't want the NCL to go through because we have the best local comp in the state. Fair enough that we think that too, but how has that come about? From the leadership of Maxwell... I think the comments about him are extremely harsh and unfair. For a guy to put so much time and effort into a comp like he has shows that he truly loves the comp, like others say they do, but do nothing about it.
  • In saying that, I agree that if Maxwell did not want to run for Presidency, which I knew weeks ago (and I don't speak with him, I thought it was common knowledge) then yes it should be made public and advertised that it was going to be the case. I know they advertise every position, but 9 times out of 10 it is just a formality. People should have known that we need a new President.
  • We have constantly bagged the other two comps, now each and everyone of us have egg dripping from our face. Its embarrassing to not have a president!
  • I thought it was interesting to vote finals to be played over 80 overs. I personally would like to have kept the current format, but understand the want to keep it the same.

Tongs - maybe the problem with your Club is the first point you make is the non-attendance of another Club of which we have no idea why (and either do I), possibly time would be better spent getting Eltham to a positionwhere they are not the embarrassment of the competition both on and off the field - probably several years away though.

PS: Why do you HAVE to play semi-finals, because it has always been done?? So 3rd and 4th miss out, should 5th and 6th in the current format feel aggrieved that they don't get a chance to play finals? You seem like a real twit, hope you prove me wrong.

Move on?? How can a competition be taken seriously if it doesn't have a President, and if you think that the 80 over scenario was the 'major' thing to come out of the meeting, you too are delusional.

To my understanding a member of the Exec had indicated he would be willing to step into the Presidents role, however a change of circumstances meant that he could not or would not do it. Apparently this was not communicated and was not known come AGM time. It`s nots the end of the world to not have President, after all thats why you elect Vice Presidents! Nothing deluded about that. I did not say the 80 over result was the major thing, just a positive thing. Perhaps brush up on your reading skills and perhaps do as Skyhooks once said and "Take Another Pill to Calm (Me) Down"!

Back