DVCA:Under 16'1 banter 2009/10

Re: DVCA:Under 16'1 banter 2009/10

The Apprentice;372716 said:
who is this 49 not out? thinks he knows it all

Mate your banned your just a little smart ass
As if you would call yourself The Apprentice you think you must be pretty cool

tonned up;372962 said:
come on mate, we are talking about 16s thats why it is in the 16'1 banter thread...
lets get back to the cricket
what are peoples thoughts in TEAL
who will win this round?

Yeahh Mill Park will win easily Jai Robinson 4.5.10

MPS4L;373024 said:
champion settle down abit, im an under 16's, and i wont be in the diamond valley when i finish juniors, ive got bigger and better things ahead of me.
RIGHT ARM OVER THE WICKET
You will be Australias Openinig bowler

49 not out;373161 said:
Mate your banned your just a little smart ass
As if you would call yourself The Apprentice you think you must be pretty cool

mate your the one who is ten years old, and your calling me a little smartass go back to primary school

MPS4L;373024 said:
champion settle down abit, im an under 16's, and i wont be in the diamond valley when i finish juniors, ive got bigger and better things ahead of me.

bit cocky there mate, settle down abit champ

In a rather funny score, Plenty bowled Yarrambat out yesterday for a measly 54. Plenty are now 1/64, Mitch Johnson has hit 58 of them runs, 3 of them have come from other players and 3 of them have been extras.

If Mitch continues to fire and Joel Donaldson finds his form back from last year, does any body reckon plenty are a chance of making finals and possibly go even further?

PlentyParkSpy;372639 said:
Well onemoreover, I think generally the rep teams have balance their squads from each league depending on the amount of kids both leagues/the amount good enough to try out. This year seems odd though, as with the introduction of Camrea and Boro' come more players, the league has chosen more HDCA players when clearly some of the blokes if they played in the Valley would find it much harder.

Perhaps the selection panel on Falcons has a biased view that both leagues must be equally represented, or simply that they've picked certain kids for another reason (which we all know has happened before). All in all it shouldn't really be something that should hit home, because under 16 rep cricket isn't taken all that seriously, nor is the better quality players often picked, which affects its reputation and seriousness. Well thats my view.

And Mill park players, thanks for wasting the last few minutes of my life reading through the last few pages of dribble/self adoration. May I suggest you hit the nets instead?
A few points as well: Leigh Weeks was at Greensborough but is now at Preston subbies 2s and would have counted as a DVCA player however Tom Goulding (along with 3/4 of the gun Macleod 14s from 2008) made the smart move playing HDCA juniors on Friday nights so does that make him a HDCA player LOL. Out of the other HDCA Falcons Harkin is at Ivanhoe subbies, Powick at Preston subbies and the others are all involved at district clubs. Because it is a Dowling type set up if you are not at a district or subbies club forget it. I don't agree that there is that much difference between DVCA and HDCA either because of 2 facts. One is you have 5 Falcons from Heidelbergs gun 17s plus Wayman Zema Anand etc. who beat Monts champion DVCA side. Two is the kids who would have been in Greensboroughs U16s but play in the 17s on Fridays have been doing quite well in the DVCA senior ranks. Despite that I think that there are some unlucky boys out there but if you didn't make it I hope you show the selectors they were wrong and stick it up em.

Here are my best teams for both leagues:

TEAL

Nathan Andrews (Capt.)
Trent Groom
Jai Robinson
Michael Denier
Sean Scales
Mark Phelan
Harley Smith
Niall Smith
Darcy Vallance
Gavin Teague
Rheece Lewis
Lewis Taylor

BLUE

Mitch Johnson (Capt.)
Joel Donaldson
Luke SanDy
Andrew Lamont
Nick Vlaustin
Josh Sandford
Dean Crockett
Thomas Emmins
Matt Van Bael
Ben Russell
Joe Langford
Daniel Preston
Sam James

There is no doubt in my mind that teh TEAL league would win but both sides have good teams.

batting allrounder;373367 said:

TEAL

Nathan Andrews (Capt.)
Trent Groom
Jai Robinson
Michael Denier
Sean Scales
Mark Phelan
Harley Smith
Niall Smith
Darcy Vallance
Gavin Teague
Rheece Lewis
Lewis Taylor

BLUE

Mitch Johnson (Capt.)
Joel Donaldson
Luke SanDy
Andrew Lamont
Nick Vlaustin
Josh Sandford
Dean Crockett
Thomas Emmins
Matt Van Bael
Ben Russell
Joe Langford
Daniel Preston
Sam James

There is no doubt in my mind that teh TEAL league would win but both sides have good teams.

good sides, but who's keeping in TEAL ?

TEAL

Nathan Andrews (Capt.)
Trent Groom
Jai Robinson
Michael Denier
Sean Scales
Mark Phelan
Harley Smith
Niall Smith
Darcy Vallance
Gavin Teague
Rheece Lewis
Lewis Taylor

BLUE

Mitch Johnson (Capt.)
Joel Donaldson
Luke SanDy
Andrew Lamont
Nick Vlaustin
Josh Sandford
Dean Crockett
Thomas Emmins
Matt Van Bael
Ben Russell
Joe Langford
Daniel Preston
Sam James

i think brandon lee is a bit stiff to not be in the teal team. he bowls heat and is very handy with the bat too

search 09/10;373433 said:
i think brandon lee is a bit stiff to not be in the teal team. he bowls heat and is very handy with the bat too

big brando in for darcy vallance ?

TEAL

Nathan Andrews (Capt.)
Trent Groom
Jai Robinson
Michael Denier
Sean Scales
Mark Phelan
Harley Smith
Niall Smith
Darcy Vallance
Gavin Teague
Rheece Lewis
Lewis Taylor

BLUE

Mitch Johnson (Capt.)
Joel Donaldson
Luke SanDy
Andrew Lamont
Nick Vlaustin
Josh Sandford
Dean Crockett
Thomas Emmins
Matt Van Bael
Ben Russell
Joe Langford
Daniel Preston
Sam James

Sean Scales ahead of brandon lee is the worst decision, i'd might even have harry burns or luke ericson before sean scales but he is batting well but bowlin has gone down hill

Search;373443 said:
Sean Scales ahead of brandon lee is the worst decision, i'd might even have harry burns or luke ericson before sean scales but he is batting well but bowlin has gone down hill

yeah true sean hasn't been bowling great this season but his batting has really improved since last season and harry burns and luke ericson very good players but don't think theyre as good as sean

Back