Eca

North Balwyn aren't good enough. They've proved that year after year. If O'Neill is taking 5, the wickets rubbish
Ashy dicked on Hawthorn, good to see the $$ are paying off
Mont Albert look like they've come good, Heathmont should get enough points to stay up with Morris
Mully, like last year, keep getting the job done and if they make finals they're hard to beat
GI did what most will do, just beat Marcellin
The Deep Skevs game looks like a cracker, Deep chasing down 190 9 down. Would have been good to see.
The perennially strong clubs will be there again, it always happens except for the years it's wet. Oops.

Apparently NB's coach and Bulleen's skipper got close enough to taste what each other had for breakfast! The pitch was soft at one end, but the umpires decided to start on time... will be fascinating if they play each other in a final!

I am pretty sure everyone knows who would be at fault at North Balwyn. For such an average club they rub a lot of people up the wrong way.

I am pretty sure everyone knows who would be at fault at North Balwyn. For such an average club they rub a lot of people up the wrong way.
Keen to elaborate on who you think it is? I must be one of the rare opposition players that has never had any issue with North Balwyn. Have had a few runs ins with Bulleen, GI and Mulgrave over the years though!

This round marks half way point of the season. Some important games in the final round before Christmas.

Bulleen (1) v Mulgrave (4) Winner will have one foot in finals for March
Glen Iris v Ashburton Willows (local rivals who don't like each other. Loser can probably say goodbye to Finals)
North Balwyn (2) v Hawthorn (5)
St Kevin's v Mont Albert (loser will return in January simply trying to avoid relegation).

Youre jumping in early aren't you? Not sure you say either of Gi or Ashy will be out if they lose. The ladder is pretty tight. NB won't be there, they've been kissed on the cock a bit and it'll all fall apart soon I reckon

Youre jumping in early aren't you? Not sure you say either of Gi or Ashy will be out if they lose. The ladder is pretty tight. NB won't be there, they've been kissed on the cock a bit and it'll all fall apart soon I reckon

Said loser of GI v AW would 'probably' miss finals. Didn't say 'certainly' miss finals. Although reckon other teams are hoping to get GI in a final. Darren Milane would have a better chance of getting past a semi.

North Balwyn will make finals. Not sure why they are so unliked. Never had any problems against them. Seem to be well run club.

Said loser of GI v AW would 'probably' miss finals. Didn't say 'certainly' miss finals. Although reckon other teams are hoping to get GI in a final. Darren Milane would have a better chance of getting past a semi.

North Balwyn will make finals. Not sure why they are so unliked. Never had any problems against them. Seem to be well run club.
I think a few clubs are jealous! Quality rooms, ground, pitch is alright bit lifeless, 6 senior sides + 3 vets, really strong juniors. I know I am a tad jealous. My old club is battling in their top grades and limited junior numbers

I have no no issue with North Balwyn. Guilty of a bit of over appealing but otherwise no problems.

I've never had too many problems with opposing teams though a few individuals stick in my memory as being talented for the sledging side of things.

Why be bothered by the behavior of people who are trying to get you focusing on things other than the task at hand? It's all a game within a game and most of it is pretty juvenile.

An interesting round ahead.

How long before the lad at North Balwyn gets the call up for the English?

Who are the good sledgers in the comp? Both fair and unfair? Individuals and teams..

I love a good hard contest. As long as it doesn't go too far.

Who are the good sledgers in the comp? Both fair and unfair? Individuals and teams..

Binney, Doggy, Swifty, Leary, Mont Albert dish out a quality and funny sledge. The Days, Sturgess, Glen Iris, Bulleen and a few of the Marcellin boys dish out some pretty ordinary and offensive crap!

Cooper from Ashy can dish it out along with Perera down at Deepdeen. Tantis-Hall from Marc just mumbles away all day.
The heathmont boys are quite witty.
Leary and Cook also fire away when wound up.

Ashy 365? Even at GI that's a handy score. Who got them? Take the Poms out of GI and you're not left with much. Another reason NB will fall over. And I don't hate NB, I enjoy having a beer with them, but their core group isn't as strong as others and if Patel fails, there's not much behind. Pretty even year - looks like anyone can make finals except for Marc, SH and prob MA & Skevs

Over the years I'd say Ashy, Mulgrave and Deepdene have had arrogance and intimidation amongst their sledging which I have always respected.
Glen Iris I have always found cocky yet harmless.
North Balwyn, Marcellin and Surrey Hills always pretty friendly.

Never have I come off the ground at the end of the day and had a real problem with any onfield banter. Never encountered anything personal and all the comments about my technique and lack of batting ability have probably been more than fair!

Ashy 365? Even at GI that's a handy score. Who got them?

Cooper toned up. Sennek 97.

Ashy Willows scored 99 runs off last 11 overs. Tipping ball spent a bit of time in Gardiners Creek.

Anyone know why GI didn't go with a Pom this season? Had pretty good success with previous Poms. Couldn't be for lack of money. Got a war chest to rival any ECA club.

I see Patel made another ton but not enough for Nth Balwyn to get over the line. Is that 4 tons to xmas? I cant remember anyone in Dunstan doing that before. Maybe international umpire Nigel Llong when playing at Ashy back in the 80's? (showing my age).:)

Back