Eca

Happy New Year and all of that you my fellow posters.

Are we all primed to get going next Saturday?

2 one dayers straight after Christmas will have a big impact on the ladder.

Round 7 - Huge Games

Ashy vs Nth Balwyn
Deepdene vs Mulgrave
Hawthorn vs Bulleen

Round 8 - interesting tussles

Deepdene vs Mont Albert
Glen Iris vs Bulleen
Ashy vs Mulgrave (Goodwill Cup)

Can't wait to see if I still fit into my whites after Christmas!

Drove past Surrey Park today. The council is top dressing the oval. Have fun whoever's playing there this week.

Also at the G over boxing day game and bumped into a few players from other clubs. After a few beers I was not sure if what I was hearing was fact or fiction but enough info to start several rumours about a few clubs.

Drove past Surrey Park today. The council is top dressing the oval. Have fun whoever's playing there this week.

Also at the G over boxing day game and bumped into a few players from other clubs. After a few beers I was not sure if what I was hearing was fact or fiction but enough info to start several rumours about a few clubs.
I also had a quick chat with one or two in the MCC! - Could one of them be you Prospector???????????????????

Day one was a bit of a drag until the crowd got behind Johnson in the last session.

Keen to elaborate?

They didn't end up being close games at all. Ashy winning 5 down, deepy smashed mully and bulleen humiliated hawthorn
But they have had an impact on the ladder have they not?

It's very close from 2nd down to 8th or 9th

1. Bulleen - safe as houses
2. Deepdene - strong batting has them well placed
3. Ashy - have Mulgrave, MA, StK and Deepdene in the last 4
4. North Balwyn - marc, GI, Heath, Mulgrave to come
5. Heathmont - StK, Marc, Nth B and Bulleen - % a worry?
6. Hawthorn - Surrey, Mulgrave, Deepdene GI - % a worry?
7. Mont Albert - Deepdene, Ashy, Bulleen, Surrey
8. Mulgrave - Ashy, Hawthorn GI Nth B
9. St Kevs - Heath, Bulleen, Ashy, Marc
10. Glen Iris - Bulleen, Nth B, Mulgrave, Hawth
11. Surrey Hills - Hawth, Deepdene, Marc, MA
12. Marc - Nth B, Heath, Surrey, St Kevs

Some tough Matches to come for sure.

Dunstan:
GI relegated
Council Mayor, Sep 17, 2013
Mayor you may be right about GI's A turf being relegated. But it would be for all the wrong reasons.

Could you have Glen Iris and Glen Iris A in A Turf? Bit like the One Day Series back in the mid 1990s when Australia A were added to the mix along with England and Zimbabwe? It was an Aus v Aus A Final and Australia took Paul Reifel from Aus A and made him 12th man.

Surprised no one has said North Balwyn are no good after their Pom made a duck.

NB are no good other than the POM, I've said it heaps. Their team is exactly the same as it has been for the last few years. Put Ponting at SH and they'd be good too. They won't make finals though.

Surely 20/20 will be cancelled tonight? I was going to go and have a beer to watch it but I'm worried about some of the kids the club have put out tonight.

Buisness end of the season now, to win in round 8:
Bulleen
Mont Albert
Marc
Hawthorn
Heathmont
Ashy

Relegation could really become interesting after this round with GI and St Kevs seemingly still in the mix

Buisness end of the season Relegation could really become interesting after this round with GI and St Kevs seemingly still in the mix
Well Skevs and GI are definitely still in the mix for relegation. Big struggles at 2 clubs that were favoured for finals. Marcellin, GI & Skevs all tied on 15 will make the next month very interesting.

Then add in 2nd to 6th being separated by 9 points means one entertaining finish!!!

Agreed paintball, they are certainly in the most strife.

Talking points from the w/e....

-Mont Albert with a costly loss over the w/e?
- Patel with no runs = no Nb
-st kevs getting totally pantsed
- bulleen the best bowling attack in the league?

Agree with all that. Bulleen have always been a strong side. As I said last week, as goes Patel, so goes NB. They are an average side at best. Won't play finals. Ashy costly loss to Mully - Mully keep themselves in the picture. MA won't play finals, the start of their season was too costly.

I wonder how many of the mid table teams around 27 points will be pushing for 10 points against SH & Marc
You'd have to look at it but not get carried away. Marc just knocked off a team from the top half of the ladder and Surrey weren't far off beating heathmont before Christmas so complacency or pushing for runs too quickly could land you in trouble. 6 points first, worry about 10 points after that. Plenty of chances for upsets yet.

Back