Eca

Some sides very up and down. Bulleen the only side consistently strong. Clear prem favs IMO
Fairly sure Deepdene ATM have only 1 loss and that came in round 1 to bulleen. Hard to argue being undefeated for 8 matches is inconsistent. Bulleen clear favourites ATM though depth batting and bowling far outweighs any other club in the comp.

Monty doubtful finals, 1.5 games out with 3 lefts, hard to see Deepdene, Heathmont, hawthorn, ashy, NB and Mulgrave all losing at least 2 of their final two matches.

Very costly loss for ashy though, could've been 3rd but do have MA, Skevs & DB so still a good shot at finals.

Also who's been the biggest surprise to everyone? Heathmont to me has been the biggest surprise, didn't expect them to be challenging for finals let alone 3rd with 3 matches left

I'm stunned with ED's form in A Turf. Basket case last season in Dunstan!

Still hard to judge the gap between Dunstan and A, mainly because of Heathmont and Bulleens stunning form.

Looks like its going to be ED and Boronia going back up and Marcellin and SH going back down after 2 seasons in Dunstan. Time for other clubs to stand up in A Turf. Which clubs would people like to come up to Dunstan? For me, Donvale. Nice ground and not too far away...

Looks like its going to be ED and Boronia going back up and Marcellin and SH going back down after 2 seasons in Dunstan. Time for other clubs to stand up in A Turf. Which clubs would people like to come up to Dunstan? For me, Donvale. Nice ground and not too far away...
I've been told Canterbury are looking good for a promotion as well. Wouldn't mind them coming up, nice ground and they're normally good blokes. Same with East Donnie, their facilities at Zerbes are bloody terrific

Some interesting games this round.

Mulgrave v Hawthorn (Hawthorn need win to stay in Top 4, Mulgrave need win to stay in touch with Top 4)

Mont Albert v Ashburton Willows (Ashburton win and could move into Top 4, Mont Albert any chance of Finals and defending their premiership need a win).

Heathmont v Marcelin OC (Heathmont should be favorites and a win would almost secure a Finals sport I first season in Dunstan Shield, which no one would of expected in October. Marcelin on the winners list last week and another win gives them a chance of staying up for 2014/15)

North Patel v Glen Iris (If North Patel want to prove doubters wrong need a win and could return to Top 4, depending on other results. GI need points to put distance between them and Marcellin OC, who have a better percentage).

Bulleen and Deepdene Bears should be untroubled against St Kevin's and Surrey Hills respectively, but cricket can be a funny game.

Fascinating results through the weekend

Relegation battle split wide open with wins looking on the cards for SH and Marc and losses looking imminent for GI and Skevs.

Final spots looking more shaky for Heathmont and Ashy.

Binney back for North Patel makes them far more threatening.

Also WTF happened to deepdene on the weekend? Anyone got any clues?

Maybe took the bottom side too lightly, unavailabilities due to long weekend? Either way massive day for Surrey Hills. Provided they get the remaining runs next week (with 30+ degrees forecast all week should expect decent wickets) they then play Marcelin the following week. The winner of that match should avoid relegation.

Going to be an interesting month to finish the home and away season at both ends of the ladder.

Finals are wide open! Deepdene 36, Hawthorn 36, NB and Heathmont 33, Ashy Mulgrave and Monty 27. But so many huge games to come.

Round 10
Heathmont v NB
Hawthorn v Deepdene
Monty v Bulleen
Marcellin v Surrey (relegation battle heats up, winner probs safe for another year)

Round 11
Bulleen v Heathmont
Deepdene v Ashy
NB v Mulgrave

So Deepy, NB and Heathmont have tough runs home but 1 win should be enough for any of them though to secure finals but there's going to be a few tense matches for sure!

Finals are wide open! Deepdene 36, Hawthorn 36, NB and Heathmont 33, Ashy Mulgrave and Monty 27. But so many huge games to come.

Round 10
Heathmont v NB
Hawthorn v Deepdene
Monty v Bulleen
Marcellin v Surrey (relegation battle heats up, winner probs safe for another year)

Round 11
Bulleen v Heathmont
Deepdene v Ashy
NB v Mulgrave

So Deepy, NB and Heathmont have tough runs home but 1 win should be enough for any of them though to secure finals but there's going to be a few tense matches for sure!

Exciting season! Can only lock in top spot. The rest up for grabs. Finals start now!
Glen Iris may as well stop trying in A Turf. Be funny when they get relegated because their 1s do!

But looking at B Turf who can go up anyway? Donvale on top and they already have a team in A turf. 2nds teams will struggle. Maybe time to make A Turf a 10 team comp? Thoughts??

Exciting season! Can only lock in top spot. The rest up for grabs. Finals start now!
Glen Iris may as well stop trying in A Turf. Be funny when they get relegated because their 1s do!

But looking at B Turf who can go up anyway? Donvale on top and they already have a team in A turf. 2nds teams will struggle. Maybe time to make A Turf a 10 team comp? Thoughts??

A 10 Team A Turf wouldn't be the worst idea, problem is you will play some teams twice and fixture could become compromised. History has shown Second XIs struggle in A Turf as they are playing against other clubs Firsts. I think Bulleen and Heathmont have shown the standard between Dunstan and A Turf isn't as big as what some think.

Also, to make things interesting Sunday is the T20 Semi Finals, Ashy Willows vs Glen Iris. Both First XIs have important games Saturday. Which is your priority?

A 10 Team A Turf wouldn't be the worst idea, problem is you will play some teams twice and fixture could become compromised. History has shown Second XIs struggle in A Turf as they are playing against other clubs Firsts. I think Bulleen and Heathmont have shown the standard between Dunstan and A Turf isn't as big as what some think.

Also, to make things interesting Sunday is the T20 Semi Finals, Ashy Willows vs Glen Iris. Both First XIs have important games Saturday. Which is your priority?

Good point, although could just turn 2 1 dayers into 2 dayers. Anyway moving on...Surely Dunstan takes priority over T20 but it shouldn't matter should it. It's not like you're going to rest a bowler on a Saturday for 4 overs on a Sunday. Worst case scenario your fast bowler breaks down on a Saturday and you have to pick someone else for Sunday.

Clearly no one from 2-6 wants to play finals. Some teams could have either pushed in or cleared out some space between them and the rest but most teams struggled. Agree with above, going to be a 4 round finals series for some.

I just did a quick predictor and it's impossible. Bulleen obviously finish on top but the game with MA this week could be tight. Every game is big for everyone else for the rest of the year. Haw seem to have done enough and Deep will prob limp in. Fight for 4th is interesting with possibly 5 teams fighting for 1 spot.

Bull

Haw

Deep

NB/Mul

MA/Ashy/Heath
Skevs
SH
GI/Marc relegated

Back