Eca

I like the 45 over concept. I also like the points system used in Premier cricket for professional player numbers a club can use.
If you are only allowed to recruit as per the premier it will alter the way clubs recruit. I think the current system seem ok but still could be better.
We need to raise the standard of senior turf but not at the demise of the less affluent clubs.
I notice that the wealthy turf clubs out west are not playing off in the subbies grand final next weekend.
Large payments to players like Harwood are not sustainable.

Any coaching movements known or rumored for 2014/15?

Cricket Victoria web site has a section where they list vacancies but so far very few adverts.

I like the 45 over concept. I also like the points system used in Premier cricket for professional player numbers a club can use.
If you are only allowed to recruit as per the premier it will alter the way clubs recruit. I think the current system seem ok but still could be better.
Easier thing to do with Premier Cricket being the highest standard; hard to bring in with transfers across competitions; gets very subjective if you recruited a guy from BHRDCA for example.

More Sunday games? Geez there are some serious cricket geeks out there. Crickets struggling enough without having more Sunday games. Its time to sack 2 day games in my opinion. All one day games. Start 30 minutes earlier and get a 45 over a side in. Coloured kits, white balls, fielding restrictions and everyone play each other twice, one home and one away game. Takes teams being dodgy out of the equation by serving up dodgy decks week 2. Everyone plays on the same deck that day. Theres nothing worse then chasing leather for 80 overs one week then getting washed out the next. I think its time to do this. Also think the T20 should be graded. Will be taken more serious then previous years. A Dunstan T20 competition would be awesome in my opinion and if they could somehow fit them in on a saturday every now and then so teams can actually have everyone available for selection
thoughts?

Only suggesting one Sunday game not each week. Suggest that Jiggler takes up bowls as it is only synthetic cricketers who want more 2 day games.
I would like to know where he gets his info on wanting more 1 day games from. Sounds like a MAnningham push to me.
If people want to see what the standard of the next level up of cricket is like then they should drop into a subbies final this weekend. Most 1st and 2nd elevens are being played at eastern suburbs club grounds.

sorry Jigger. Meant only synthetic want more 1 day games and less 2 day cricket. Higher grade turf players want the 2 day format to be the prominent form of the game.

All Comps need to be Dunstan, Dunstan 2 & Dunstan 3
A turf, A turf 2 & A turf 3 then workout the lower grade comps from there.
Premiers get promoted bottom gets relegated. your seconds/ thirds follow what the 1s do. same as local footy, would create some great rivalries 1s 2s & 3s all playing against the same club same as premier cricket. but the biggest thing is 1 team up 1 team down gives more meaning to a granny, more than just a premiership cup shield on the line (in A turf anyway).

I have always believed that it is a huge blow to be relegated from the top grade in any competition and Dunstan is no difference. I have always supported 2 up/down for many reasons. I have again always believed that the runner up in A turf should play a game post grand final against the second side coming up.
If the A turf second side beats the second bottom side then they deserve to go up. If they don't then they stay down. This could be a 45 over game or longer if thought needed

I've been in both positions over my 20 odd years involved. I've been in a team relegated without finishing last and I have been in a team promoted without winning the Grand Final and i think while relegation feels terrible at the time if you have not been able to win enough games then perhaps you deserve to go down. both teams that fight their way through to a grand-final deserve to go up. Imagine losing a nail-biter and then been told that you had to play yet another game to qualify to go up! No thanks. the system works ok now. there will always be lucky and unlucky teams but that's life.

Hard to have Dunstan 1,2,3,4 etch because of Turf v syntho. Some clubs have 4 turf teams, others have 3 or 2. Dunstan and Dunstan Reserve make sense but I would not stretch it beyond that.

Anyone know which club has been in Dunstan Shield for the longest consecutive time?

Either Mully, MA or Cashburton. I'm leaning towards MA

Just off the top of my head...

Mont Albert has been in ESCA/ECA Top Shield Grade (known over time as Turf 1, Senior Turf, Dunstan Shield) every season since 1937/38 - a remarkable effort that deserves better recognition. Of the others:
Mulgrave since 1980/81
Ashburton since 1986/87
Deepdene since 2000/01
Hawthorn since 2006/07
St Kevin's OB since 2010/11
Marcellin OC since 2011/12
North Balwyn since 2012/13
Bulleen & Heathmont since 2013/14
Glen Iris had been up since 2010/11 and Surrey Hills since 2012/13

Just off the top of my head...

Mont Albert has been in ESCA/ECA Top Shield Grade (known over time as Turf 1, Senior Turf, Dunstan Shield) every season since 1937/38 - a remarkable effort that deserves better recognition. Of the others:
Mulgrave since 1980/81
Ashburton since 1986/87
Deepdene since 2000/01
Hawthorn since 2006/07
St Kevin's OB since 2010/11
Marcellin OC since 2011/12
North Balwyn since 2012/13
Bulleen & Heathmont since 2013/14
Glen Iris had been up since 2010/11 and Surrey Hills since 2012/13
Was Devine a member of that 37/38 team? He's been around that long hasn't he?

Back