England In Australia - The Ashes 2013/14

I can't help but think this is all Root's fault, and the decision to put him at 3. Bell is a great player, but he has to challenge my record for England to get close. He's not doing that.

Prior out now! :mad: What are Gooch/Flower getting paid for????

All that time from Broad to get knocked over first ball! Gooch faced the ******* Windies, doesn't he tell them anything??? Johnson should be a piece of piss!

This is beyond ridiculous! It's just a bit quicker than normal. It's nothing.

Were there haters on here, or are you talking about BF?

As a Johnson critic i am pleased to eat my words, for now.:rolleyes: It has always been consistency with him but this is a good backup to what is normally a one test performance. He must be looking forward to Perth, bet the POM'S are not. Credit to McDermott as well, again he has come into the bowlers coach job and again our performance has lifted a notch.

All that time from Broad to get knocked over first ball! Gooch faced the ******* Windies, doesn't he tell them anything??? Johnson should be a piece of piss!

Funny we have been asking the same questions of our coaching staff for the last few years. A couple of good performances and hey presto they are gods.

As a Johnson critic i am pleased to eat my words, for now.:rolleyes:
Why the :rolleyes:, if you're pleased?

It has always been consistency with him but this is a good backup to what is normally a one test performance. He must be looking forward to Perth, bet the POM'S are not. Credit to McDermott as well, again he has come into the bowlers coach job and again our performance has lifted a notch.
I have a feeling, for the res of his career, Johnson worst will be acceptable. He won't stoop to the rubbish he's known to bowl. Without being on the inside, I have a feeling about guys like McDermott and Lehmann. I reckon they know what to do and know what buttons to press. There's just something about them

Funny we have been asking the same questions of our coaching staff for the last few years. A couple of good performances and hey presto they are gods.
No, this is different. England have to react. Not by buying extra protective gear, they have to do something about their attitude with the bat. This won't stop otherwise.

Why the :rolleyes:, if you're pleased?

Because i am still to be converted. We have seen this from him before. The SA tour where he had a couple of really good games in a row. Even in bad tests he could have a scary spell but it is his ability to leak runs so fast that can kill the game. He needs to become consistent in the long term not just a couple of games. As you say though, McDermott does seem to be able to get that from him and McDermott i do believe in.

lol at Bell losing his wicket to a S.Smith pie. Some absolutely abysmal batting from England throughout this Test.

I was participating in a driving competition today (It's called a Motorkhana), so I hadn't been able to watch any of today's play til now. I had been listening to the play on radio (even while I was competing!). I needed to replace my radiator cap. The day's play starts, and all I did was go in and out of the wreckers, then Jim Maxwell is telling me Root is about to face his first ball!

The competition finishes, and I'm heading home. I stop to get some chicken "A schnitzel and two pieces of fried chicken thanks." I get back in my car and Prior is taking strike! God damn!

Based on the commentary of Bell's wicket, I don't even want to see the "highlights".

Because i am still to be converted.
Still to be converted??? Let me be the first to tell you, even though I'm not part of the team in any way. As long as McDermott and/or Lehmann are there and he's fit, Mitchell Johnson will never bowl shit again.

Kram likes my posts, doesn't respond when I quote him. Guy's trolling me!

Back