GCA & BPCA match previews and reviews

Re: GCA & BPCA match previews and reviews

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;308318 said:
I agree and the main decision we will have if it comes to that is weather we stay in the BPCA for a further year as it is easily a better standard than division3.

I think our only hope to go into div2 is if the GCA scrap all the hard wicket clubs and go back to being all turf which has been whispered and the remaining hard wicket clubs crossing to the BPCA to make 2 divisions. Who knows though time will tell I guess.

if you guys played div 3, you'd be one of the best 2 clubs in it. i say best 2, cause i still really rate modda. i personally think (on and off field) st. alban's is a much better club than guild. if you's come across to gca and start in div 3, you won't be there long. that's a guarentee

I agree and the main decision we will have if it comes to that is weather we stay in the BPCA for a further year as it is easily a better standard than division3.

I think our only hope to go into div2 is if the GCA scrap all the hard wicket clubs and go back to being all turf which has been whispered and the remaining hard wicket clubs crossing to the BPCA to make 2 divisions. Who knows though time will tell I guess.

I agree with the scraping of the Hard wicket into a sole division but only problem is thats what it was with the SLCA. GCA are so unpredictable anything could happen. If the St.A's are good enough to be in Div 2 then throw them in. Funny feeling the recruiting side of St.A will be in full force come end of Feb start of March. Look out decent cricketers of Geelong the new force in Geelong cricket is coming to town soon. . . .

Im all for the Division 2 petition start the campaign. . . . :D

can we have turf in bpca or wood we have 2 play at break agen?

mdf30586;309040 said:
can we have turf in bpca or wood we have 2 play at break agen?

I wouldn't have thought you could have a turf wicket in the BPCA. You can't expect the non-St Albans teams to fork out $100 for a pair of spikes (and being a a former Shepparton CA player) for one game and you really do need them on turf.
Many other reasons I can list but I can't be bothered right at the moment.

NORTH GEELONG vs NEWTOWN

Selected Sides
North Geelong-A.Spierings, S.Hall, C.Millard, A.Armistead, A.Clark, S.Lymer, J.Stewart, D.Tielens, D.McGlinchey, B.Scown, S.Kingwell

Newtown- T.Clark, A.Stanley, Y. Roussetty, C.Mathieson, M.Comber, D.Delrio, R.Bennett, D.Royce, S.Mullen, J.Davis, B.Loats

MATCH REVIEW- After losing the unlosable game for the second time this year, the Wagpies are going to be looking at inflicting pain on the Two Blues this week. Armstead and Hall both got starts last week but failed to capitalize, and will be looking to resurrect this, whilst the inclusion of Alf Clark on return from a stint in Bali will add great depth to a strong batting line up. Newtown have relied heavily on young keeper batsman Alex Stanley to get the runs for them this year. Others need to help him out if the Towners are any chance of sneaking out of this game with the victory.

PLAYERS TO WATCH-
Danny Tielens (North Geelong)- Tielens has only reached double figures once this year, and will be looking to improve on that this weekend against a weaker bowling attack.

Alex Stanley (Newtown)- Stanley will be looking to see off the wrath of Scown and look to unload on the less experienced Wagpie bowlers, and could be set for a big score.

TIP- North Geelong to win the unwinnable

a for effort;311165 said:
Spell his name right you nuffy!

this is what happens when you have 4 month holidays from uni. you can;t even spell your own name right. S-T-Ruggling

ants14;311160 said:
NORTH GEELONG vs NEWTOWN

Selected Sides
North Geelong-A.Spierings, S.Hall, C.Millard, A.Armistead, A.Clark, S.Lymer, J.Stewart, D.Tielens, D.McGlinchey, B.Scown, S.Kingwell

Newtown- T.Clark, A.Stanley, Y. Roussetty, C.Mathieson, M.Comber, D.Delrio, R.Bennett, D.Royce, S.Mullen, J.Davis, B.Loats

MATCH REVIEW- After losing the unlosable game for the second time this year, the Wagpies are going to be looking at inflicting pain on the Two Blues this week. Armstead and Hall both got starts last week but failed to capitalize, and will be looking to resurrect this, whilst the inclusion of Alf Clark on return from a stint in Bali will add great depth to a strong batting line up. Newtown have relied heavily on young keeper batsman Alex Stanley to get the runs for them this year. Others need to help him out if the Towners are any chance of sneaking out of this game with the victory.

PLAYERS TO WATCH-
Danny Tielens (North Geelong)- Tielens has only reached double figures once this year, and will be looking to improve on that this weekend against a weaker bowling attack.

Alex Stanley (Newtown)- Stanley will be looking to see off the wrath of Scown and look to unload on the less experienced Wagpie bowlers, and could be set for a big score.

TIP- North Geelong to win the unwinnable

why is danny still in side, is he your only option as a keeper, how does the seconds keeper go with bat?

him and jaca are pretty much even i'd say, but i think jaca would prefer to play in the 2s

I'll leave the report for our match to crktluva, he was keen to do it;)

I see Sam Schaller is back playing at Barwon Heads, does anyone know what happened at Geelong for him to leave?

ants14;311410 said:
him and jaca are pretty much even i'd say, but i think jaca would prefer to play in the 2s
haha well after last nite... i think everyone knows that jaca wants to play 2s for the rest of this season

thommy_rissole;312509 said:
You heard it here first from the rissole a month or so ago ;)

He was always going to go back, it was a matter of when not if.... No Ticker;)

I've just become the #1 fan of Pete from Whittington on pulsating sports at the moment:D

supersaintjohnny;312423 said:
welll hes in fine form in the 2s.. he made 58 yesti... yet if he goes up to the ones... hes gunna bat at 9... cant really keep great form batting that low.. yet i think hes a better keeper...

dunno really time will tell... but hes a good club man and he'll do the right thing by the club anyways

I Bowl Meat Pies;312568 said:
welll hes in fine form in the 2s.. he made 58 yesti... yet if he goes up to the ones... hes gunna bat at 9... cant really keep great form batting that low.. yet i think hes a better keeper...

dunno really time will tell... but hes a good club man and he'll do the right thing by the club anyways

duno wat his problem was sat night, seems to think we all think we're all above him. i couldnt name one person who is an all round arrogant bloke in our ones unless im wrong IBMP? you dont pick and choose where u play, thats y the club old kayne and todd not to come back. why is it different rules for different people?

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;312210 said:
I'll leave the report for our match to crktluva, he was keen to do it;)

I see Sam Schaller is back playing at Barwon Heads, does anyone know what happened at Geelong for him to leave?

Wasn't getting a go with the bat. batting at 9 and 10 and the travel to the some of the outer melbourne clubs was wearing thin. Final straw was last game when he was brought on to bowl in a one day in the 4th last over and didn't bat.
Will make the Seagulls very tough to beat from here on.

tugga1;312759 said:
Wasn't getting a go with the bat. batting at 9 and 10 and the travel to the some of the outer melbourne clubs was wearing thin. Final straw was last game when he was brought on to bowl in a one day in the 4th last over and didn't bat.
Will make the Seagulls very tough to beat from here on.

Time will tell.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;312519 said:
He was always going to go back, it was a matter of when not if.... No Ticker;)

I've just become the #1 fan of Pete from Whittington on pulsating sports at the moment:D

Did you know him Bourney? Sam has ticker, plays cricket for the right reasons I reckon, to enjoy it

Solid Defence;312805 said:
Did you know him Bourney? Sam has ticker, plays cricket for the right reasons I reckon, to enjoy it

Last time i seen him bowl was a few weeks ago playin for the Barwon under 18's. They were playin the under 16's in a scratch match. Every time the 18's got a wicket he was given the younger kids a send off. Mind you he wasn't the only one in that under 18 side doing it. Bunch of big head tossers if you ask me. But your right he was enjoying it. Good on him for gettin up the 15 year olds.

Back