GCA Twenty Competition & vBookie

Re: GCA Twenty20 Competition

ants14;363519 said:
EDIT: feel free to go to this thread

http://www.bigcricket.com/forum/t70151/

And vote for the best all time test team. You should be backing me, btw.

Whats the deal there ants...Did u all have to pick a lemon each? Cuz seriously, some ppl are effed up if thats not the case!! Lehmann, Keppler Wessels, Matthew Elliott were selected, just to name a few bizaar ones!! Oh one guy even had Damien Martyn and Michael Clarke as his openers...and you- As A for Effort pointed out - haddin over Gilly, Healy etc...some whacked up $hit happening over there!!!

Second XI At Best;363730 said:
Whats the deal there ants...Did u all have to pick a lemon each? Cuz seriously, some ppl are effed up if thats not the case!! Lehmann, Keppler Wessels, Matthew Elliott were selected, just to name a few bizaar ones!! Oh one guy even had Damien Martyn and Michael Clarke as his openers...and you- As A for Effort pointed out - haddin over Gilly, Healy etc...some whacked up $hit happening over there!!!

It was a draft, and there was 8 people in it so theres 96 players that have to be chosen, plus 8 keepers. I'd have Haddin as my 3rd or 4th best Australian keeper, but I didn't really bother picking one, so I left it for last and Haddin was still there so I took him. Yeah, there were plenty of strange picks, but I spose people just ran out of players to pick, and didn't have enough knowledge of the past to pick any good players, so they just went with what they knew.

ants14;363736 said:
It was a draft, and there was 8 people in it so theres 96 players that have to be chosen, plus 8 keepers. I'd have Haddin as my 3rd or 4th best Australian keeper, but I didn't really bother picking one, so I left it for last and Haddin was still there so I took him. Yeah, there were plenty of strange picks, but I spose people just ran out of players to pick, and didn't have enough knowledge of the past to pick any good players, so they just went with what they knew.

Its all starting to make a little more sense now. I couldnt believe that anyone, apart from their alzheimers riddled mums would have Martyn and Clarke as their all time openers!!

Does anyone know when the draw for this comp is? couldn't be far away considering it's meant to start in the 2nd week of October.

As mentioned on the previous page:

The draw for the GCA T20 comp will be held on Sept 16 or 17.

All teams will be placed in together and each club will be pulled out individually.
No seeding. This means turf clubs will need to play on hardwicket if they come up against a hardwicket club and likewise for hardwicket clubs needing to play on turf wickets if they come against turf clubs.

There will be some rather large mis-matches, but it all should create some exciting cricket and as we all know, anything can happen in T20 cricket.

Draw will be done tonight, will be interesting to see how it goes and if there are any "world cup" like "groups of death" !!

gca_ipl;365170 said:
Draw will be done tonight, will be interesting to see how it goes and if there are any "world cup" like "groups of death" !!

im sure you'll let us all know as soon as you know daz

I'll save Dazza the trouble;) Here are the groups for T20 comp

Group A: Corio, A.T, South Barwon, North Shore

Group B: Geelong West, St Albans, Manifold Heights, Geelong City

Group C: Marshall, Waurn Ponds, Anakie, Little River

Group D: Winch, Moddewarre, St Peters, St Joeys

Group E: Murge, East Belmont, Guild, Thomson

Group F: Grovedale, North Geelong, Highton, Torquay

Group G: Newtown, Newcomb, Leopold, Lara

Group H: Inverleigh, Bannockburn, Teesdale, Bell Post Hill

TEAMS 1 & 4 get two home games
TEAMS 2 & 3 get one home game

Group C- Dazza, I think we've found your highly anticipated group of death!!

Group B And G look to be the most likely candidates for an actual group of death...

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;365215 said:

Just so I get to put something down.

Round of 16 goes:
A1 - 1st Group A v 2nd group H
A2 - 1st group H v 2nd group A

B1 - 1st Group B v 2nd group G
B2 - 1st group G v 2nd group B

C1 - 1st Group C v 2nd group F
C2 - 1st group F v 2nd group C

D1 - 1st Group D v 2nd group E
D2 - 1st group E v 2nd group D

Quarter Finals
QF1 Winner A1 v Winner C1

QF2 Winner A2 v Winner C2

QF3 Winner B1 v Winner D1

QF4 Winner B2 v Winner D2

Semi Finals
SF1 Winner QF1 v Winner QF3

SF2 Winner QF2 v Winner QF4

Grand Final
Winner SF1 v Winner SF2 - played on Australia Day 2010.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;365215 said:

TEAMS 1 & 4 get two home games
TEAMS 2 & 3 get one home game

Theres my early predictions for the round of 16... Group B, F are the toughies... as for Groups C and H... wat a joke

Want to swap fixtures daz?? We'll go in group A and you blokes can go in group f.

EDIT: They could have at least done it geographically, we have to travel to two of highton torquay and grovey.

I Bowl Meat Pies;365224 said:
Another early request... can we play Torquay at north.. bit hard to get home with a gut full of piss on a week night

unfortunately that is a Torquay home game !! Contact ABDA for Mini Bus Hire !!

ants14;365226 said:
Want to swap fixtures daz?? We'll go in group A and you blokes can go in group f.

EDIT: They could have at least done it geographically, we have to travel to two of highton torquay and grovey.

Was just a totally random draw, I suppose like the world cup draws. Some very much tougher than others though !! Would be interesting to see any v-bookies odds now that the draw has come out.

No-one at the meeting (and there must've been 100 there) picked up on the fact that whilst it was stated the default dates for games were Tuesdays, the last two group stage matches were shown as 4 Nov & 18 Nov (i.e. Wednesdays) on the fixture handed out. This is probably a good thing in the first case as I can't see too many clubs keen to play on Melbourne Cup day.

Back