GCA Twenty Competition & vBookie

Re: GCA Twenty20 Competition

Will there be enough light to get a T-20 game in the first couple of rounds? I don't reckon it will still be light enough at 8-8:30 to play.

Thoughts?

I think day light savings kicks in on the 3rd Oct, so it might be touch and go! We might have to use white balls with bells in them!

Thomson can donate some fluro pink training balls to the cause.

Also, anyone know why Bell Park aren't in the competition?

Speaking from a Torquay point of view, i'm certainly looking forward to playing against the big-boys again and, geographically with Highton and Grovey, it's worked pretty well for us. I have to say, the way the draw has worked out, a seeding scenario for next season is a must. I reckon Group F is far and away the Group of Death!

AB1;365354 said:
Speaking from a Torquay point of view, i'm certainly looking forward to playing against the big-boys again and, geographically with Highton and Grovey, it's worked pretty well for us. I have to say, the way the draw has worked out, a seeding scenario for next season is a must. I reckon Group F is far and away the Group of Death!

nah group B still for me, although Group F is toughish.

Seeding would have been good but it also gives some of the less stronger sides the chance to make it to the next round if they get a lucky draw. In the end if you are good enough to win the whole comp you should be able to beat which ever team you are drawn against.

gca_ipl;365358 said:
nah group B still for me, although Group F is toughish.

Seeding would have been good but it also gives some of the less stronger sides the chance to make it to the next round if they get a lucky draw. In the end if you are good enough to win the whole comp you should be able to beat which ever team you are drawn against.
F is definatly a tough group.. but looking on the brightside.. if u get thru in group F, you then come up against group C in the next round.. So finish 1 or 2 in Group F and theres a fair chance that you'll be in the final 8, where you'll then have to meet possibly South Barwon :eek:

thommy_rissole;365319 said:
Will there be enough light to get a T-20 game in the first couple of rounds? I don't reckon it will still be light enough at 8-8:30 to play.

Thoughts?

clubs possibly have to use some initiative and try and get the games underway by 4:30 !! I think with plenty of notice most guys would be able to get to the game by 4pm if needed. If you start at 5-5:30 in those early rounds then the team batting second is kidding themselves, unless you are playing on a ground with football lights. The games do not have to be played on the Tuesday night, the Sunday following is allowed to be used, so that might be a better option.

With the GCA apparently having some big sponsors to come on board for this competition it would be interesting to see if any prize money comes on board ??

a for effort;365331 said:
Anyone know why Bell Park aren't in the competition?

Probably bacause they overlooked/didn't get around to applying for entry and the GCA slammed the bags once they got 32 applications. They had previously said it would be first-come first-served and as long as all GCA1 and most GCA2 were in, they were probably happy with that.

I agree with Thommy Rissole's concerns about the strong possibility of late finishes in semi-darkness if matches are played on weeknights in October/November. I'm sure the SABCC guys will confirm that was their experience in the BPCA T20. Realistically, what are the chances of starting games at 4.00 - 4.30pm?

A4E that's some avatar! Does it send out subliminal messages?

Any early predictions , obviously south the team to beat but if all things go right they will prob meet us in the qtr finals ....( says optimistically)... pretty sure the 20/20 format will suit the way we play.... thats how we play the 80 over games ... can see a guy like ty watts making a truckload of runs it just suits the way he plays

bphpanther;365412 said:
Any early predictions , obviously south the team to beat but if all things go right they will prob meet us in the qtr finals ....( says optimistically)... pretty sure the 20/20 format will suit the way we play.... thats how we play the 80 over games ... can see a guy like ty watts making a truckload of runs it just suits the way he plays
i'm gunna throw out a name who may make a few runs for us in the twenty 20's this year.. marco stikker.. looks good from all the sessions hes been at.. and also a handy fielder

I Bowl Meat Pies;365474 said:
i'm gunna throw out a name who may make a few runs for us in the twenty 20's this year.. marco stikker.. looks good from all the sessions hes been at.. and also a handy fielder

ahhh, is this the guy which played cricket With the Ferg in Melbourne, the year of the drought ?

gca_ipl;365479 said:
ahhh, is this the guy which played cricket With the Ferg in Melbourne, the year of the drought ?
yerr i think so came from prahan with pretty big wraps... dont wanna pump the blokes tyres up at this time of the year.. but his net form looks good.. and hes a decent bloke as well, which is also a good thing

I Bowl Meat Pies;365533 said:
yerr i think so came from prahan with pretty big wraps... dont wanna pump the blokes tyres up at this time of the year.. but his net form looks good.. and hes a decent bloke as well, which is also a good thing

this might be the big bruise under my talking, but i thought marco was from preston

Re: GCA Twenty Competition & vBookie

we need to cut the north geelong odds drastically, they have had some massive money put on them !! someone has some inside information they are not telling us !!

ants14;365541 said:
this might be the big bruise under my talking, but i thought marco was from preston
u might be right.. preston.. i thort it was prahan.. i dunno.. we'll ask him on sunday.. oahh wait ur not gunna be at our season launch are ya ants.. hahahahah

and as for the odds.. i wouldnt worry bout it too much ipl... its just 2 blokes from north that are very well bcashed up and have high hopes this early in the season

ohh and as for that bruise..... THE BOWLING MACHINE IS MY NEW BEST FRIEND

Back