Geelong Cricket Chat 2010/11

Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 2010/11

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;404603 said:
Has there been anymore feedback on the GCA having a netball comp this season?

And also how will it work if it does get up and running? How many teams per club, grades, divisions etc.?

It's probably not a bad idea for a perv during summer;)

I think if it does get up it will be ran as a more social type comp for the first couple of season's. Obviously the cricket clubs that are associated with football and netball clubs it is a bit easier for them to continue on with the netball during the summer. I think the GCA were setting up a working party to look through the setting up of a competition. The heat is obviously a factor with the courts but as there is day light savings the games could be played later in the evening. There is a few clubs which also do not have facilities for netball to be played at their grounds, i.e. South Barwon, Marshall, Murghey, Waurn Ponds, Manifold, to name a few. I think it will be a few years before it will grow to a good standard competition, it may just only ever be a social competition. Anything to promote physical activity is a good thing I suppose.

cheer_cheer;404623 said:
I think if it does get up it will be ran as a more social type comp for the first couple of season's. Obviously the cricket clubs that are associated with football and netball clubs it is a bit easier for them to continue on with the netball during the summer. I think the GCA were setting up a working party to look through the setting up of a competition. The heat is obviously a factor with the courts but as there is day light savings the games could be played later in the evening. There is a few clubs which also do not have facilities for netball to be played at their grounds, i.e. South Barwon, Marshall, Murghey, Waurn Ponds, Manifold, to name a few. I think it will be a few years before it will grow to a good standard competition, it may just only ever be a social competition. Anything to promote physical activity is a good thing I suppose.

first i heard about it was on Monday night at our committee meeting. It would be pretty good for the clubs that can partake in it, especially if they don't get many females at the clubs apart from those that are married in or mothers/sisters of the players. More people spending money at the bar, and getting more people at functions.

ants14;404666 said:
first i heard about it was on Monday night at our committee meeting. It would be pretty good for the clubs that can partake in it, especially if they don't get many females at the clubs apart from those that are married in or mothers/sisters of the players. More people spending money at the bar, and getting more people at functions.

Pimps and hoes night would be a big success then !!!

word on the street is alot of StJoeys players are about to walk due to there training schedule, im hearing 6am sessions along with late nite sessions and the players are being over worked. players are apparently very angry with this and are going to be on the move this week..... Leopold is the club im hearing.

ANY TRUTH????:eek:

Babies Arm;408597 said:
word on the street is alot of StJoeys players are about to walk due to there training schedule, im hearing 6am sessions along with late nite sessions and the players are being over worked. players are apparently very angry with this and are going to be on the move this week..... Leopold is the club im hearing.

ANY TRUTH????:eek:

if there's any truth to those rumours i wouldn't blame them. 6am sessions (which im guessing would be on a sunday) are ridiculous!

one_short;408695 said:
if there's any truth to those rumours i wouldn't blame them. 6am sessions (which im guessing would be on a sunday) are ridiculous!

strewth 6am on a Sunday morning, may as well just take a bus around Home House/Eureka to pick up the dregs !! We struggle to get guys there at 10am, so would imagine 6am near impossible !

Thank God for the UCI Cycling :) In light of what happened at the MCG yesterday, it's an unexpected bonus to now not have to convince blokes to play cricket next Saturday. Will be interesting to see how many suburban and country leagues push their first day back 24 hours or kill it altogether.

The last time this happened was 20 seasons ago (and at least then we had 4 weeks notice), and due to the Thomson v GCA court case which was being played out at the time, the first week of cricket ended up being torpedoed as I recall.

Is the BPCA scheduled to start next Saturday?

daniel_son_91;399532 said:
dont shoot the messenger crktluva. just what has been floated. as it turns out 10k is being split between Cameron & Gill. now that i have heard from a more than reliable source.[/Q

10k for these 2, lucas needs to take 9700 of this as he's a proven performer with a good cricket brain and someone the young kids of o/grove coming through should take notice of but if gilly has something to say at training or on field you would have to laugh at him and give him the bird.

pencil in 11;409692 said:
daniel_son_91;399532 said:
dont shoot the messenger crktluva. just what has been floated. as it turns out 10k is being split between Cameron & Gill. now that i have heard from a more than reliable source.[/Q

10k for these 2, lucas needs to take 9700 of this as he's a proven performer with a good cricket brain and someone the young kids of o/grove coming through should take notice of but if gilly has something to say at training or on field you would have to laugh at him and give him the bird.

Money does not buy premierships - talented juniors that are treated with respect and dignity do. A brought premiership only upsets die hard club people who are over looked and sometimes lost for the short term gain. You will notice through history that clubs that have won many premierships, very rarely buy up big and do stay competetive for long periods of time. Clubs that havent won many premierships, very quickly fall from grace and do hover around the bottom until the next influx of cash turns up. Ocean Grove would spend their money more wisely on installing a big screen TV to keep ALL of their members happy.

Little River Vs North Shore in 20/20 Praccy tonight at Little River Reserve.

If anyone would like to see some cricket, bar will be open.

GO River

Anyone know about the details for this years 20/20 cup.. talking to a bloke the other day and he told me that north were in a group with little river murghie and manifold.. ive heard nothing about it on here... has it been done already?

I Bowl Meat Pies;409880 said:
Anyone know about the details for this years 20/20 cup.. talking to a bloke the other day and he told me that north were in a group with little river murghie and manifold.. ive heard nothing about it on here... has it been done already?
ok i take that back.. ive just looked at our my cricket fixture and yes all the draws are up there now

Bell Post Hill, South Barwon, East Belmont and Leopold all in the same group. Ouch.

What do we reckon the chance of play for this weekend is, especially turf ? Those storms today certainly would have taken their toll on the wickets. Our square is okay as we got it covered but our outfield is a rice paddy, flatest and lowest oval down at South Barwon and water just sits there. Hopefully with no more rain it might dry out okay. I have heard Leopold's square might be struggling.

In regards to Thommy, generally when you have non South people at your club you don't really want to try and keep them there.

cheer_cheer;410030 said:
What do we reckon the chance of play for this weekend is, especially turf ? Those storms today certainly would have taken their toll on the wickets. Our square is okay as we got it covered but our outfield is a rice paddy, flatest and lowest oval down at South Barwon and water just sits there. Hopefully with no more rain it might dry out okay. I have heard Leopold's square might be struggling.

In regards to Thommy, generally when you have non South people at your club you don't really want to try and keep them there.

i was told yesterday daz kelvin met with u guys and said that he wants to play at grovedale then received a text message saying he was still a required player.

Back