Geelong Cricket Chat 2010/11

Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 2010/11

AB1;410065 said:
So why not just sign the clearance then Cheer Cheer?

Cause you just don't sign clearances now, it is all done on-line !

Lucky to get them really Mr Bourke as a lot of people on the committee where strongly against giving them one as, in case you did not know players are tied to a club for more than 25 games to stop people from moving year to year.

But if they don't wanna play no use standing them out IMO.

That's better, Cheer Cheer! Could almost "see" you banging your fists into the keyboard on the previous entry!

No alterior motive here, just think the clearance system is a waste of time!

AB1;410120 said:
That's better, Cheer Cheer! Could almost "see" you banging your fists into the keyboard on the previous entry!

No alterior motive here, just think the clearance system is a waste of time!

LOL, not far wrong there !

I think it generally works well, but maybe they need to get into trade periods and using a draft to make it really interesting !!

What are other grounds doing ?

Well done to Thomas Adams in GCA Div 2 1st XI (Pommy Import) in his first game playing for the Dinos. 10 overs 3 maidens 6-27
http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/com...ayer.asp&playerID=814384&eID=2123&seasonID=77
May be looking for Div 1 club before the season is out....;)

Note: I accept the opponent was Marshall but he still took the wickets....

Further Note: Dino's 1st XI although i didnt watch the match and am uncertain as to the circumstances but some Calling between wickets practice at training may not go astray.

Hey look here is your 20/20 game against the river going to be played on the sunday would be good to be able to get along and see the old rivalry being renewed hopefully seeing some squashed frogs at the end

Good to see Geelong Addy at it again. Write up's absolutley sh*thouse. Nightwatchman good but a disgrace for Friday's. This happens every year and now there even worse. Good to see a Journalist has to go to University to be able to write Fixtures. (Atleast he can read the GCA website, pretty easy money if you ask me)

Can anyone from a Div 2 or Div 1 club please tell me is it customary not to come into the home teams rooms after the game and have a drink/chat or at least let us know that your leaving?
I guess you would be embarrassed when you've come down from Div 2 to Div 3 and you think your going to dominate and you find out your no good you would want to leave without speaking to anybody!!

the fact that shaun kingwell from our club wasnt in the under 21s squad is a disgrace. the kids 18 and been opening in our ones throughout the last 3 years, and I'm sure if you go through most of the clubs who have played us, they will tell you how hard he is to play with the new ball...

the fact that shaun kingwell from our club wasnt in the under 21s squad is a disgrace. the kids 18 and been opening in our ones throughout the last 3 years, and I'm sure if you go through most of the clubs who have played us, they will tell you how hard he is to play with the new ball...

sadly ants there is alot of young talent that flies under the radar around the geelong area, it seems to be the same names popping up every year. who would you have in the u/21 team this year seeing as u have played in that team the last couple of years and know the standard?

sadly ants there is alot of young talent that flies under the radar around the geelong area, it seems to be the same names popping up every year. who would you have in the u/21 team this year seeing as u have played in that team the last couple of years and know the standard?

not sure how the squad is selected but I know that Shaun has now been invited to come down and train after North Geelong spoke to the U21 coach today who was more than happy for him to come down as he had obviously played against him a few times in the last few years. Looking at the bowlers listed in the squad there is some fair talent at their disposal including Levi Dare, Justin Colbourne, Andrew Ross, Tim Wright, etc.

interesting question. i had a look at the list on saturday, and thought there should be 3 or 4 walk up starts.
Ryan Mills, made a great 100 for us last year,
Josh Jannssen, vice captain last year, good opening bat
Tim Wight, proven divi 1 opening bowler and nearly won us the game last year when all looked lost
Shaun Kingwell, proven divi 1 opening bowler

Keeper would be a toss up between Shaw Kitchen from west and Jono Casey from Joeys, I've only seen Jono play before so I cant make a decision on that. I think Jacob Smith is a keeper as well, from Thomson, so he'd be part of that fight I'd say.

Levi Dare would probably play, haven't seen him bowl yet, I'll find out about him on Saturday, and Justin Colbourne has a reputation as a good bowler. Rossy opened the bowling last year and should hav had the first 3 wickets, bowled real well. Out of the 5 quicks, you could probably only justify playing 4 of them, so one of these 3 to miss out.

Justin Maher would play as a spinner/batsman, playing the same role as Slats did last year, and Mitch Troy did the year before.

Think that leaves me with an opening bat, a number 3 and a number 5...Hester might play as an all rounder, havent seen him bat for a few years though. Luke Michell, is that the same Michell that played at Geelong in the 3s and opened? If so, theres Jannos opening partner..Scott Condyand Kane Pickering are good bats and would be included as batsmen I think..

So: 1.Jannssen, 2.Michell, 3.Pickering, 4.Mills, 5.Maher, 6.Condy, 7.Hester, 8.Kitchen/Casey/Smith, 9.Dare, 10.Colburne, 11.Wight, 12.Kingwell (Designated Bowler)

I don't like leaving Rossy out but I can't quite fit him in...did I miss anyone else?

not sure how the squad is selected but I know that Shaun has now been invited to come down and train after North Geelong spoke to the U21 coach today who was more than happy for him to come down as he had obviously played against him a few times in the last few years. Looking at the bowlers listed in the squad there is some fair talent at their disposal including Levi Dare, Justin Colbourne, Andrew Ross, Tim Wright, etc.

Yeh I thought a phone call of some description may have taken place...

interesting question. i had a look at the list on saturday, and thought there should be 3 or 4 walk up starts.
Ryan Mills, made a great 100 for us last year,
Josh Jannssen, vice captain last year, good opening bat
Tim Wight, proven divi 1 opening bowler and nearly won us the game last year when all looked lost
Shaun Kingwell, proven divi 1 opening bowler

Keeper would be a toss up between Shaw Kitchen from west and Jono Casey from Joeys, I've only seen Jono play before so I cant make a decision on that. I think Jacob Smith is a keeper as well, from Thomson, so he'd be part of that fight I'd say.

Levi Dare would probably play, haven't seen him bowl yet, I'll find out about him on Saturday, and Justin Colbourne has a reputation as a good bowler. Rossy opened the bowling last year and should hav had the first 3 wickets, bowled real well. Out of the 5 quicks, you could probably only justify playing 4 of them, so one of these 3 to miss out.

Justin Maher would play as a spinner/batsman, playing the same role as Slats did last year, and Mitch Troy did the year before.

Think that leaves me with an opening bat, a number 3 and a number 5...Hester might play as an all rounder, havent seen him bat for a few years though. Luke Michell, is that the same Michell that played at Geelong in the 3s and opened? If so, theres Jannos opening partner..Scott Condyand Kane Pickering are good bats and would be included as batsmen I think..

So: 1.Jannssen, 2.Michell, 3.Pickering, 4.Mills, 5.Maher, 6.Condy, 7.Hester, 8.Kitchen/Casey/Smith, 9.Dare, 10.Colburne, 11.Wight, 12.Kingwell (Designated Bowler)

I don't like leaving Rossy out but I can't quite fit him in...did I miss anyone else?

interesting that you left out last years keeper lachy ingles. he did go onto play the vic counrty u/21's game and got man of the match by making a quick 50 odd at the end of the innings and kept for the team too. but i do agree jono casey and jacob smith are probably better with the gloves but might not have the same ability with the bat as ingles.

interesting that you left out last years keeper lachy ingles. he did go onto play the vic counrty u/21's game and got man of the match by making a quick 50 odd at the end of the innings and kept for the team too. but i do agree jono casey and jacob smith are probably better with the gloves but might not have the same ability with the bat as ingles.

i would have thrown in adam wray from thomy, he proved last year in our 4ths that anyone can keep, opens the bat to

forgot him, he kept well last year..make it out of those 4

just found out the reason he isn't in the squad now is that he is playing for hawthorn this year so not eligible for selection, also i heard around the traps that chris hester isn't playing cricket (at least until after xmas anyway) so there goes your all-rounder

Back