Geelong Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat

I Bowl Meat Pies;320818 said:
that keeper for east belmont 1s last year was good... ohhh wait on... he thought he was good but turned out to be a dud... cant remember his name..

but i heard a funny story he was batting against bell post hill and was looking very average... a bell post hill player yelled out.. cmon mate we dont even no who u are.. bout time u get out... the pom turns around and says if u dont no me.. google me...

now thats bloody arrogant.. but apparently he really was on google.. played 2nd XI for a county side... still he seemed like a dud on the occasions that i seen

Jaik Mickleburgh for Newtown last season was pretty solid and he has gone on to play County 1sts in England.

Bluey Connelly;320930 said:
I'm sure it's been said before but it's a different game. PLayers that dominate in England may not have the same effect in Oz, but the same is true when Aussies go to England. Mick Allen played in my league a few years ago and probably made 300 runs in 20 knocks. Then two years later he scores the most runs in VCA.

Glen Batticciotto was a freak in the league I played in overseas, scored 5 100's in the first half of the cricket calander then had to do leave for Queensland pre-season training. Holding down a regular one-day & T-20 this season.

Our overseas from last season Jonny Kettle has a rookie Lancashire contract for this season coming.

Andrew Hall is the best Englishmen we've had at Thomson (no offence Bluey Connelly ;)) although Bourke's probably the best I have seen in Geelong.

Tom New did a Grade 3 hamstring tear and went back home to the U.K.

We've got 3 pommys at our club, in the 1sts - 3rds. Would be nice if we could play 2 of them in the 2's. However we got knocked back permission from the league.

Bluey Connelly;320930 said:
I'm sure it's been said before but it's a different game. PLayers that dominate in England may not have the same effect in Oz, but the same is true when Aussies go to England. Mick Allen played in my league a few years ago and probably made 300 runs in 20 knocks. Then two years later he scores the most runs in VCA.

Glen Batticciotto was a freak in the league I played in overseas, scored 5 100's in the first half of the cricket calander then had to do leave for Queensland pre-season training. Holding down a regular one-day & T-20 this season.

Our overseas from last season Jonny Kettle has a rookie Lancashire contract for this season coming.

Andrew Hall is the best Englishmen we've had at Thomson (no offence Bluey Connelly ;)) although Bourke's probably the best I have seen in Geelong.

We've got 3 pommys at our club, in the 1sts - 3rds. Would be nice if we could play 2 of them in the 2's. However we got knocked back permission from the league.

Badger;321002 said:
phil unsowrth :p rofl

faced him in his prime, ive never been a classy bat, but he bowled smoke. quicker than a cheetah on speed. i never wear a helmet and the boys said, just wear one, i didnt being a stubborn young fool. first ball i got an edge over slip, wiped me arse, second ball:eek::eek::eek: c ya later. never been so happy to get bowled in my life.

Babies Arm;317724 said:
i remember that day, it was jacko malletts wedding that day and the cats played sunday so i didnt play. it was 50 on the bike track coz we had the reading. that was dangerously hot that day

I am glad you had that wedding that day big fella because I reckon you playing in a 50 degree day would have been the last of you !! :)

Badger;321002 said:
phil unsowrth :p rofl

faced him in his prime, ive never been a classy bat, but he bowled smoke. quicker than a cheetah on speed. i never wear a helmet and the boys said, just wear one, i didnt being a stubborn young fool. first ball i got an edge over slip, wiped me arse, second ball:eek::eek::eek: c ya later. never been so happy to get bowled in my life.

Renny24;318874 said:
Probably time for Murghebluc to dispense with the sherade and changed their name to something else. Half of their club wouldn't have even been to Murgheboluc let alone have played there and both club grounds and rooms are about 30kms from the town.

Looking at going with the Benny the Jett Cricket Club. Would bring in lots of recruits wanting to play with the great man himself...... Me.

WOOO GO JET FROGS

Babies Arm;317724 said:
i remember that day, it was jacko malletts wedding that day and the cats played sunday so i didnt play. it was 50 on the bike track coz we had the reading. that was dangerously hot that day

I am glad you had that wedding that day big fella because I reckon you playing in a 50 degree day would have been the last of you !! :)

Renny24;318874 said:
Probably time for Murghebluc to dispense with the sherade and changed their name to something else. Half of their club wouldn't have even been to Murgheboluc let alone have played there and both club grounds and rooms are about 30kms from the town.

Looking at going with the Benny the Jett Cricket Club. Would bring in lots of recruits wanting to play with the great man himself...... Me.

WOOO GO JET FROGS

thommy_rissole;321017 said:

I'll take that from you Rissole! Nobody seems to dominate at Thommy though. Grass was a bit long for Leechy. I thought McCoy would do well but he's had a shocker!

I would think Corio CC will be made to make a decision by season's end. Heard that their 3rd XI didn't even turn up to play against Torquay on the weekend.

thommy_rissole;321017 said:

I'll take that from you Rissole! Nobody seems to dominate at Thommy though. Grass was a bit long for Leechy. I thought McCoy would do well but he's had a shocker!

Renny24;321497 said:
I would think Corio CC will be made to make a decision by season's end. Heard that their 3rd XI didn't even turn up to play against Torquay on the weekend.

make a decison in regards to what? staying in 2nd div

crktluva;321498 said:

Where they are going as a club; ie. Div 3 or even going into recess again? Their 1sts only had 10 players two games ago.

Renny24;321497 said:

Will cricket be played this weekend?

From the GCA Website:

For the senior grades the following two tier system will apply:
At 9am on Saturday morning the Geelong forecast will be checked on the Bureau of Meteorology website. If the forecast for Geelong is 35 degrees or higher, the 5ths, 6ths and 7ths matches will be called off. This is because these matches are mostly played on isolated grounds with no shade, nor club room facility and no running water. Also the players in these grades are generally older players and younger junior players.
If the forecast for Geelong at the bureau website is for 40 degrees or higher, all cricket will be cancelled for the day.Notification will be placed on the GCA Web-site of Outcome.

BOM reports forecast for Saturday for Melbourne
CityWindy and shower or two. Min24 Max43

crktluva;321498 said:

Where they are going as a club; ie. Div 3 or even going into recess again? Their 1sts only had 10 players two games ago.

Renny24;321525 said:

With the amount of dental work available these days, flouride in the water etc, peoples teeth are not rotting like they used to. I would suggest that Corio change their recruiting policy to allow people with good teeth to play for them.

The corio constitution needs an overhaul!

If they want the good people of corio to flock to the club, then maybe a safe injecting house would get the numbers up!

From the GCA Website:

At 9am on Saturday morning the Geelong forecast will be checked on the Bureau of Meteorology website. If the forecast for Geelong is 35 degrees or higher, the 5ths, 6ths and 7ths matches will be called off. This is because these matches are mostly played on isolated grounds with no shade, nor club room facility and no running water. Also the players in these grades are generally older players and younger junior players.
If the forecast for Geelong at the bureau website is for 40 degrees or higher, all cricket will be cancelled for the day.Notification will be placed on the GCA Web-site of Outcome.

Bnichols;321531 said:
With the amount of dental work available these days, flouride in the water etc, peoples teeth are not rotting like they used to. I would suggest that Corio change their recruiting policy to allow people with good teeth to play for them.

If they want the good people of corio to flock to the club, then maybe a safe injecting house would get the numbers up!

you may think your funny, but believe me, there are good people in corio, and there are also bad people in corio. i hope for your sake supermouth that the bad ones dont read your comments. coz you might just get a tap on the shoulder and get asked to please explain. actually, i dont think they will ask you to explain at all. id keep the personal sledging down if i was you, its good advice, trust me.

Renny24;321525 said:

Bnichols;321070 said:

WOOO GO JET FROGS

Would it always be a bye when you play against a team Ben Smiljanic's in Mr Nichols?

Rumour has it that you always seem to have something on matchday when you're scheduled to play him. I quote the great man
Ben Smiljanic said:
Never seen him play, his always absent when i'm meant to play against him

IE: this season, moving house I do believe.
Which 1st XI cricketers move house on a Saturday? :confused:

Bnichols;321531 said:

you may think your funny, but believe me, there are good people in corio, and there are also bad people in corio. i hope for your sake supermouth that the bad ones dont read your comments. coz you might just get a tap on the shoulder and get asked to please explain. actually, i dont think they will ask you to explain at all. id keep the personal sledging down if i was you, its good advice, trust me.

right on rissole, for the last 15 years mr nichols has loved the big fish in the small pond theory. he can bowl quite good and would have done well on turf, just comfortable gettin the love in the little leagues though, no doubt about that.

Bnichols;321070 said:

WOOO GO JET FROGS

Would it always be a bye when you play against a team Ben Smiljanic's in Mr Nichols?

Rumour has it that you always seem to have something on matchday when you're scheduled to play him. I quote the great man
Ben Smiljanic said:
Never seen him play, his always absent when i'm meant to play against him

IE: this season, moving house I do believe.
Which 1st XI cricketers move house on a Saturday? :confused:

crktluva;321594 said:
right on rissole, for the last 15 years mr nichols has loved the big fish in the small pond theory. he can bowl quite good and would have done well on turf, just comfortable gettin the love in the little leagues though, no doubt about that.

Or maybe he is just loyal? Plenty o blokes who have played Div 2 over the years or an extended period when they have the talent to be in Div 1; just that the club they play with is in Div 2.

Renny24;321625 said:
Or maybe he is just loyal? Plenty o blokes who have played Div 2 over the years or an extended period when they have the talent to be in Div 1; just that the club they play with is in Div 2.

i can cop playing div 2 and loyal, but hiding in the old churches league cleaning up old blokes and fun type cricketers and being super happy about it when you are clearly too good for the league. Cmon, gimme a break. But, i might be wrong, he could just have really strong ties to the club and if so i commend him for it, but dont come on here every two months tell us all how good you are then slag off big time at others because of where they live and who they play for. he knows what im talkin about too. :mad: in case ya didnt guess.

crktluva;321594 said:

right arm medium;321529 said:

From the GCA Website:

This is ridiculous. A quick check of the forecast for Warrnambool shows to be 32 on Saturday, which would mean that it's not going to be stinking hot in Geelong all day.

Renny24;321625 said:

i can cop playing div 2 and loyal, but hiding in the old churches league cleaning up old blokes and fun type cricketers and being super happy about it when you are clearly too good for the league. Cmon, gimme a break. But, i might be wrong, he could just have really strong ties to the club and if so i commend him for it, but dont come on here every two months tell us all how good you are then slag off big time at others because of where they live and who they play for. he knows what im talkin about too. :mad: in case ya didnt guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back