Geelong Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat

supersaintjohnny;354826 said:
What do you mean by "unless dewy has changed things around a bit" Is he ruffling a few feathers at headquarters already ;)? It's great to get the draw out as early as possible i think. The bellerine dont get theirs out until September for as long as i can remember. Do the GCA normally get a draw out this early in the year?

Nice to see you take some time out from your exotic holiday abroad SSJ:cool:

I think the earlier the draw the better also, I don't think they do the 5ths 6ths or 7ths to later in the year. I think Dewy isn't officially president until he gets voted in at the AGM coming up. I don't think anyone would be running against him?

fineleg2fineleg;354779 said:
Apparently yes! Unless big Dewy has changed things around a bit.

What do you mean by "unless dewy has changed things around a bit" Is he ruffling a few feathers at headquarters already ;)? It's great to get the draw out as early as possible i think. The bellerine dont get theirs out until September for as long as i can remember. Do the GCA normally get a draw out this early in the year?

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;354830 said:

I think the earlier the draw the better also, I don't think they do the 5ths 6ths or 7ths to later in the year. I think Dewy isn't officially president until he gets voted in at the AGM coming up. I don't think anyone would be running against him?

Even on my "exotic holiday" i have to keep up to date on all the cricket news. Training isnt too far off now, Im sure you have already been over doin laps around the track at St Albans with Jocky. Heard you are nearly catchin up to him on the thousand bicep curls he does for breakfast. Have you seen Muzza since his got back from Bali? Tippin his got an awesome tan goin at the moment.

supersaintjohnny;354826 said:

supersaintjohnny;354868 said:
Even on my "exotic holiday" i have to keep up to date on all the cricket news. Training isnt too far off now, Im sure you have already been over doin laps around the track at St Albans with Jocky. Heard you are nearly catchin up to him on the thousand bicep curls he does for breakfast. Have you seen Muzza since his got back from Bali? Tippin his got an awesome tan goin at the moment.

hahaha the tan is going fine, i hear benny is looking forward to opening the batting with u in the 2nds this year .

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;354830 said:

supersaintjohnny;354868 said:

hahaha the tan is going fine, i hear benny is looking forward to opening the batting with u in the 2nds this year .

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;356475 said:
Daz can we rely on you to let us know the important stuff from tomorrow nights meeting?;)

no worries, anything important which comes out I will post after the meeting. Things like who is St Alban's/Breakwater first opponent in the GCA !! And I suppose any word on what/if any T20 comp the GCA will run, otherwise IPL here we come !!

Ok, I promised and here it is !!! Important stuff from the GCA AGM:
  • Dewy elected President and was he pumped !! Very keen
  • Div 1 & 2 will be LOCKED in at 12 teams each for next 3 seasons with only one up and down based on 3 year assessment. Div 3 will ideally be 12.
  • GCA T20 comp will be open to the first 32 sides, 8 groups of 4 (well done A4E), 3 games, 2 will go through. Played during the week. No seedings. Then knock out comp until Grand Final is played on Australia Day.
  • VB T20 GCA entrants for this season will be South Barwon plus the 3 grand final winners this season gone.
  • next season will be the 4 semi finalists from this seasons T20
  • Draw was done for each division and I will list the round one games

In Division One, the teams were listed as below:
  1. South Barwon
  2. Geelong West
  3. Bell Post Hill
  4. North Geelong
  5. East Belmont
  6. Manifold Heights
  7. Geelong City
  8. Leopold
  9. St Josephs
  10. Lara
  11. Newtown
  12. Grovedale

So for round 1 we have 1v2, 3v4, etc. If you then look at last seasons Division One Draw of 13 rounds you can then work out what the rest of the draw looks like. Same with the other 2 divisions, which I will list numbers below:

Div 2
  1. Waurn Ponds
  2. Highton
  3. Newcomb
  4. Murghebuloc
  5. Alexander Thomson
  6. St Peters
  7. North Shore
  8. Thomson
  9. Marshall
  10. Guild Saints
  11. Torquay
  12. Bell Park

Div 3
  1. Teesdale
  2. Corio Bay
  3. St Albans/Breakwater
  4. Winchelsea
  5. Corio
  6. Inverleigh
  7. Modewarre
  8. Little River
  9. Bannockburn
  10. Lethbridge
  11. Anakie
  12. Meredith

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;356475 said:
Daz can we rely on you to let us know the important stuff from tomorrow nights meeting?;)

no worries, anything important which comes out I will post after the meeting. Things like who is St Alban's/Breakwater first opponent in the GCA !! And I suppose any word on what/if any T20 comp the GCA will run, otherwise IPL here we come !!

gca_ipl;356635 said:
  • Div 1 & 2 will be LOCKED in at 12 teams each for next 3 seasons with only one up and down based on 3 year assessment. Div 3 will ideally be 12.
  • GCA T20 comp will be open to the first 32 sides, 8 groups of 4 (well done A4E), 3 games, 2 will go through. Played during the week. No seedings. Then knock out comp until Grand Final is played on Australia Day.
  • VB T20 GCA entrants for this season will be South Barwon plus the 3 grand final winners this season gone.

1. South Barwon
  2. Geelong West
  3. Bell Post Hill
  4. North Geelong
  5. East Belmont
  6. Manifold Heights
  7. Geelong City
  8. Leopold
  9. St Josephs
  10. Lara
  11. Newtown
  12. Grovedale

So for round 1 we have 1v2, 3v4, etc. If you then look at last seasons Division One Draw of 13 rounds you can then work out what the rest of the draw looks like. Same with the other 2 divisions, which I will list numbers below:

Div 2
  1. Waurn Ponds
  2. Highton
  3. Newcomb
  4. Murghebuloc
  5. Alexander Thomson
  6. St Peters
  7. North Shore
  8. Thomson
  9. Marshall
  10. Guild Saints
  11. Torquay
  12. Bell Park

Div 3
  1. Teesdale
  2. Corio Bay
  3. St Albans/Breakwater
  4. Winchelsea
  5. Corio
  6. Inverleigh
  7. Modewarre
  8. Little River
  9. Bannockburn
  10. Lethbridge
  11. Anakie
  12. Meredith

so does this mean stalbans will b in div3 for 3 seasons?

1. South Barwon
  2. Geelong West
  3. Bell Post Hill
  4. North Geelong
  5. East Belmont
  6. Manifold Heights
  7. Geelong City
  8. Leopold
  9. St Josephs
  10. Lara
  11. Newtown
  12. Grovedale

Div 2
  1. Waurn Ponds
  2. Highton
  3. Newcomb
  4. Murghebuloc
  5. Alexander Thomson
  6. St Peters
  7. North Shore
  8. Thomson
  9. Marshall
  10. Guild Saints
  11. Torquay
  12. Bell Park

Div 3
  1. Teesdale
  2. Corio Bay
  3. St Albans/Breakwater
  4. Winchelsea
  5. Corio
  6. Inverleigh
  7. Modewarre
  8. Little River
  9. Bannockburn
  10. Lethbridge
  11. Anakie
  12. Meredith

I wouldn't think so Know all. It would be crap if that was the case, just make sure you dot your i's and cross ya t's on and off the field.

gca_ipl;356635 said:

1. South Barwon
  2. Geelong West
  3. Bell Post Hill
  4. North Geelong
  5. East Belmont
  6. Manifold Heights
  7. Geelong City
  8. Leopold
  9. St Josephs
  10. Lara
  11. Newtown
  12. Grovedale

Div 2
  1. Waurn Ponds
  2. Highton
  3. Newcomb
  4. Murghebuloc
  5. Alexander Thomson
  6. St Peters
  7. North Shore
  8. Thomson
  9. Marshall
  10. Guild Saints
  11. Torquay
  12. Bell Park

Div 3
  1. Teesdale
  2. Corio Bay
  3. St Albans/Breakwater
  4. Winchelsea
  5. Corio
  6. Inverleigh
  7. Modewarre
  8. Little River
  9. Bannockburn
  10. Lethbridge
  11. Anakie
  12. Meredith

know all;356640 said:

no mate, definetly not !! I would think if you's guys had a good year, won the club championship that you would go straight up next season. I believe the three year average may not include Div 3 clubs, there is something which excludes clubs from the three year average. I think the 3 year average mainly affects clubs in division one and going up and down between div 1 and 2. I hope I didn't make you think "WTF !!!!"

I wouldn't think so Know all. It would be crap if that was the case, just make sure you dot your i's and cross ya t's on and off the field.

gca_ipl;356643 said:
no mate, definetly not !! I would think if you's guys had a good year, won the club championship that you would go straight up next season. I believe the three year average may not include Div 3 clubs, there is something which excludes clubs from the three year average. I think the 3 year average mainly affects clubs in division one and going up and down between div 1 and 2. I hope I didn't make you think "WTF !!!!"

thanks mate i was about to retire.

know all;356640 said:

gca_ipl;356643 said:

thanks mate i was about to retire.

gca_ipl;356646 said:
hehe, or join your brother to play under Col's captaincy in the 6ths at South !!

i would never play with col id rather go back to corio first and thats never going to happen hahahahaha

gca_ipl;356646 said:
hehe, or join your brother to play under Col's captaincy in the 6ths at South !!

Nothing wrong with playing for the big Murray brothers. Me and Johnno Gill will maybe give that a shake later on in the year!!

gca_ipl;356646 said:

i would never play with col id rather go back to corio first and thats never going to happen hahahahaha

GCA stuffed up yet again by not wanting to set a precedent leting st albans jump the queue into div 2. Although they know st albans will be more than competitive in div 2 they would rather let a derro club like guild go up than a club which actually has plans for bigger things in place already, just to cater to their won overblown egos. Having said that, div 3 is no place for turf clubs, it just makes a mockery of the grade and the tin-pot competition as a whole. Leave div 3 to who it belongs, the good old CONCRETE CRICKETERS. And before you fire up criktluva on how crap div 3 is, just remember that everyone has to play somewhere, even broken down old hacks like yourself with several clubs left in your wake already.

gca_ipl;356646 said:

Nothing wrong with playing for the big Murray brothers. Me and Johnno Gill will maybe give that a shake later on in the year!!

concrete cricket;356661 said:
GCA stuffed up yet again by not wanting to set a precedent leting st albans jump the queue into div 2. Although they know st albans will be more than competitive in div 2 they would rather let a derro club like guild go up than a club which actually has plans for bigger things in place already, just to cater to their won overblown egos. Having said that, div 3 is no place for turf clubs, it just makes a mockery of the grade and the tin-pot competition as a whole. Leave div 3 to who it belongs, the good old CONCRETE CRICKETERS. And before you fire up criktluva on how crap div 3 is, just remember that everyone has to play somewhere, even broken down old hacks like yourself with several clubs left in your wake already.

Div 2 will now be all turf clubs as Murghey are getting turf put in this September. In Div 3 you have St Alban's/Breakwater and Corio on turf, but know that Modewarre and Winchelsea are also looking at getting it in. I think you will find there is always going to be 3-4 clubs in division three with turf wickets. And with clubs wanting to go up divisions the only way they can do that is by getting in turf so you might find a few other clubs MAY go down that path in future years. But agree St Alban's would have been a walk up Div 2 club but it is hard for them to admit the club into Div 2 ahead of existing clubs. If St Albans have the right stuff they will be up into Division Two after one season which will show they are fair dinkum in their quest. Which I don't doubt.

gca_ipl;356635 said:

Div 2
  1. Waurn Ponds
  2. Highton
  3. Newcomb
  4. Murghebuloc
  5. Alexander Thomson
  6. St Peters
  7. North Shore
  8. Thomson
  9. Marshall
  10. Guild Saints
  11. Torquay
  12. Bell Park

[/LIST]

In GCA2 I had North Shore recorded as team 3 and NDSC as team 7, and checked afterwards with Garry McPherson who had the same. Renny24, as you were also there, you have the casting vote, what did you record?

Right Arm Medium now on GCA Management!

Was waiting for the crktluva-led coup against Dewy and other incumbents, but there was only 1 election all night, that for the Statistician's job (3 nominees, won by Steph Shaw from Newtown & Chilwell).

Dewy particularly animated about umpires/player behaviour/reporting players; this might be his crusade!

T20 first round on a weeknight in October is a worry I reckon. Games will be completed in darkness. Didn't the BPCA guys say they had that problem in their comp last season?

The situation regarding movement between GCA2 and GCA3 under the assessment system has never really been clarified. Obviously the 3-year rolling average can't apply as GCA3 has only been in operation for 1 season, so I guess promotion/relegation will be on the strength of the coming season only. SABCC odds anyone? Very short price I'd think, particularly as only 2 x GCA3 clubs can gain points for the turf wicket-related areas and they are one of them.

concrete cricket;356661 said:

Div 2 will now be all turf clubs as Murghey are getting turf put in this September. In Div 3 you have St Alban's/Breakwater and Corio on turf, but know that Modewarre and Winchelsea are also looking at getting it in. I think you will find there is always going to be 3-4 clubs in division three with turf wickets. And with clubs wanting to go up divisions the only way they can do that is by getting in turf so you might find a few other clubs MAY go down that path in future years. But agree St Alban's would have been a walk up Div 2 club but it is hard for them to admit the club into Div 2 ahead of existing clubs. If St Albans have the right stuff they will be up into Division Two after one season which will show they are fair dinkum in their quest. Which I don't doubt.

Look here;356695 said:
In GCA2 I had North Shore recorded as team 3 and NDSC as team 7, and checked afterwards with Garry McPherson who had the same. Renny24, as you were also there, you have the casting vote, what did you record?

Was waiting for the crktluva-led coup against Dewy and other incumbents, but there was only 1 election all night, that for the Statistician's job (3 nominees, won by Steph Shaw from Newtown & Chilwell).

Dewy particularly animated about umpires/player behaviour/reporting players; this might be his crusade!

T20 first round on a weeknight in October is a worry I reckon. Games will be completed in darkness. Didn't the BPCA guys say they had that problem in their comp last season?

The situation regarding movement between GCA2 and GCA3 under the assessment system has never really been clarified. Obviously the 3-year rolling average can't apply as GCA3 has only been in operation for 1 season, so I guess promotion/relegation will be on the strength of the coming season only. SABCC odds anyone? Very short price I'd think, particularly as only 2 x GCA3 clubs can gain points for the turf wicket-related areas and they are one of them.

that may have been the case with North Shore and Newcomb being the wrong away around as it speed up and slowed down during the lotto number picking !!

In regards to T20 in darkness, start getting the guys to eat their carrots or hope they win the toss !!

gca_ipl;356635 said:

Div 2
  1. Waurn Ponds
  2. Highton
  3. Newcomb
  4. Murghebuloc
  5. Alexander Thomson
  6. St Peters
  7. North Shore
  8. Thomson
  9. Marshall
  10. Guild Saints
  11. Torquay
  12. Bell Park

[/LIST]

Look here;356695 said:

My understanding is that no hard wicket club will gain promotion to div 2, so as stated in earlier posts only St Albans, Corio and any other clubs looking at having turf facilitys will be eligable to be promoted to div 2.

Gee there were a few unhappy div 2 people in the room when the stats position was voted on! whats the go there?

Look here;356695 said:

that may have been the case with North Shore and Newcomb being the wrong away around as it speed up and slowed down during the lotto number picking !!

In regards to T20 in darkness, start getting the guys to eat their carrots or hope they win the toss !!

whatdoumeanwashe;356703 said:
My understanding is that no hard wicket club will gain promotion to div 2, so as stated in earlier posts only St Albans, Corio and any other clubs looking at having turf facilitys will be eligable to be promoted to div 2.

Gee there were a few unhappy div 2 people in the room when the stats position was voted on! whats the go there?

I think it was all about perception. Not enough Div 2 people on management. IMO, it doesn't matter what Div you come from, if you are the best person for the job, you get it, plain and simple. As for no Div 3 clubs going in to Div 2, thats not what we were told at Teesdale. We were lead to believe if we are good enough and have the best assessment, we are entitled to go up. As it was, we only missed going up this year by 3 or 4 points.

Look here;356695 said:

spider36;356715 said:
I think it was all about perception. Not enough Div 2 people on management. IMO, it doesn't matter what Div you come from, if you are the best person for the job, you get it, plain and simple. As for no Div 3 clubs going in to Div 2, thats not what we were told at Teesdale. We were lead to believe if we are good enough and have the best assessment, we are entitled to go up. As it was, we only missed going up this year by 3 or 4 points.

I would like to believe that but how the hell does Guild beat you in the assesment? I dont think having turf is worth that much more. Plus i dont think the GCA would want another situation where a club playing all games away on turf (eg murgie) And i did hear it from two board members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back