General Chat 2011/12

Well do something about it, don't just come on here talking shit, ffs put in

Do you want us to quote our resumes – because I reckon I have contributed a fair bit to the game at various levels. Done committees, coached juniors, coached rep sides, coached my club – not big noting – I am sure there are others on this forum who do/have done more. But I think it qualifies under the “ffs put in” comment.

So at what point would our experience/skills etc mean that we can make a valid statement, that you take seriously. Personally I think that you jumping on committees and refusing to listen to a group of people with experience in various comps in various parts of the world is not really putting in to be honest

Whats wrong with an increase in umpire fees?

Umpires fees should have a sliding scale B grade $100, A grade $115, Nth/Sth $130 Sen $150.
Give umpires a chance to want to improve.
Have fair reward for a job well done etc....
Im sure most will say no such thing as a good ump but none the less games cant go ahead with out one.
Better to work on quality outcomes than sit back and moan....

All you guys are sidetracking the argument.
I found it interesting that i make a logical, well from my perspective but no one seems to pay it any attention.
I'm not sad about it don't get me wrong but im starting to believe its because im right.
Most of the posts lately amount to nothing more than an egotistical sh#t fight.
I also agree the best thing about VTCA is 2 day cricket but on occasion 1 dayer are required no big deal 8 over max per bowler.

All you guys are sidetracking the argument.
I found it interesting that i make a logical, well from my perspective but no one seems to pay it any attention.
I'm not sad about it don't get me wrong but im starting to believe its because im right.
Most of the posts lately amount to nothing more than an egotistical sh#t fight.
I also agree the best thing about VTCA is 2 day cricket but on occasion 1 dayer are required no big deal 8 over max per bowler.

yeah i said dont worry about fielding restrictions so much as most captains keep the field up anyways at our level of cricket just the bowling restrictions quite a few post ago. so i totally agree with you

Umpires fees should have a sliding scale B grade $100, A grade $115, Nth/Sth $130 Sen $150.
Give umpires a chance to want to improve.
Have fair reward for a job well done etc....
Im sure most will say no such thing as a good ump but none the less games cant go ahead with out one.
Better to work on quality outcomes than sit back and moan....
Very good idea BC

As a point of interest, any requests for rule changes must be made in writing prior to 1 April to the sub-committee for rule changes on the Match Committee of the V.T.C.A.
Hope this helps with any future discussions and proposals for any interested parties.

OEG's own Tim Linley update: 56 first class wickets @ 20 this season for Surrey first team SO FAR..(doesn't include 40/40 or 20/20 games)

What other VTCA player has had a better first class season in the last 10 years?

I agree Southern. For Daleshack, Redefine and 2blues to claim their is alot of support for one-day restrictions is just alot of frothing at the mouth. I'd suggest their would be less than 5% of the association that would go for it. If those three had vaginas they would be very lonely in the hottest little whore house in ST.Kilda.
dead set tool

You know what happens when dictators don't listen to the people Sledge? They Revolt!!!
You want my club to join the growing band of clubs looking for a new comp...you got it!!!
I appreciate volunteers and I appreciate committees asked to govern, but I don't appreciate rock apes who can't see the big picture......
I still haven't heard ONE solid reason why bowling restrictions shouldn't be brought in...all I've heard is what ifs and bullshit!?!?
Enough of this crap for me.......I'll come back when some sense is being made! Michael Slater!
So your an " everywhere man". Vtca, Premier, subbies,overseas,vtca. Where to next as it appears you're just visiting this time round? However before you leave on your next jaunt you'll stir the opossum and agitate for a rule change of an occasional one-day game in a two-day competition.

Batsmen have had it all their own way for far too long. First they got rid of the leg side theory that Larwood exploited. Second they got rid of the backfoot No-Ball rule. (thanks to Sir Donald) Third they introduced helmets. Fourth they brought in covered wickets. Fifth they brought in no more than two short balls in an over. Now you want to bring in over restrictions because the art of batsmanship seems to be slipping.

Got to agree with a new rule change neededon this one. Got to move with the times and allow restrictions on bowling limitations. Nobody has mentioned batting changes to my knowledge so Dingo your counter arguement/witt regarding 4's in an over sounds like someone without a back up to your stance. Its mentioned every pre season that the young kids that make up the lower levels of the club lose interest with the current form and seek other entertainment.Same can be said for those older with limited ability. Some clubs have had to drop teams and hense why they are no longer with us.
You can't be serious.

Very intelligent, well thought out response.

I know at least two of the guys you mention, and they have a club with a super structure, good junior set up - and they just happen to think oen day restrictions would make the cricket better

And FYI, given i have been involved in this discussion as well - we have 4 Saturday teams, one Sunday one day side, a 60 strong Milo set up, and will have 7 junior sides this year - up from 3, 4 years ago - and I cant believe that the VTCA doesnt have one day restrictions, still has bonus points and (I might be on my own here) find the 4 day Grand Final staggering.
4 day grand final staggering. Why so?

We are trying to keep people in the game and at the game and unless we update and improve our competition we will fall away fast.. Dont be blinded by the 11 new clubs in the north i reckon we had some luck there... We have some work to do, the south has lost South B1, B2, C3, D2 in just 5 years. 20 sides will be playing South C1,2 down from 32 just 5 years ago...
Surely you're not suggesting the current format of the one-day game was the cause of their demise.

I think rat was speaking in relation to why play a 4 day grand final when we spend all year playing 2 & 1 day cricket then finish with a strange finale.Tend to agree. Sledge, again you can't respond with the same old line 'join another comp'. It's a forum and a way for people to air their views. Dingo if you don't like peoples views please feel free not to respond. My active chat now takes the group to 4! Should we start our own forum so we don't let anybody here us saying anything bad about the board. We enjoy playing in the VTCA, all we argue is a few rule tweaks.

I think rat was speaking in relation to why play a 4 day grand final when we spend all year playing 2 & 1 day cricket then finish with a strange finale.Tend to agree. Sledge, again you can't respond with the same old line 'join another comp'. It's a forum and a way for people to air their views. Dingo if you don't like peoples views please feel free not to respond. My active chat now takes the group to 4! Should we start our own forum so we don't let anybody here us saying anything bad about the board. We enjoy playing in the VTCA, all we argue is a few rule tweaks.
There was no join another comp UB. Its just people need to understand that the clubs can put up rule changes, so sooking on here won't do anything.

Back