HDCA cricket forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDCA cricket forum

i rekon A.renwick should get A grade player of the year 15 year old playing against freak,lets be honest i am alrighttt
and i bowl quick

I've put together my first XI under 17 hdca players and i have gathered the information on the bases that i have played with pretty much all these boys over the years

Batting Order:

1. Michael Kamay (EISCC) (WK)
2. Anthony Dorrington (Rosanna)
3. Liam Henkel (Grennsborough)
4 - Sam Brook (EISCC)
5 - Josh Henkel (Grennsborough)
6 - Shaun Brentnall (Rosanna)
7 - Michael Hannan (EISCC)
8 - Jack Viola (Edinburugh)
9 - Scotty Becker (Rosanna)
10 - John Hyatt (Grennsborough)
11 - Matt Jackson (Rosanna)

As you can see most of the players are from rosanna, grennsy and east ivanhoe however i can only base this side on who i have played with i know there are a few new comers into the hdca that i have heard plenty about but what i've got hear is a pretty good hdca XI side - please fell free to add or comment on certain players

gleenbutts_10;295223 said:
I've put together my first XI under 17 hdca players and i have gathered the information on the bases that i have played with pretty much all these boys over the years

Batting Order:

1. Michael Kamay (EISCC) (WK)
2. Anthony Dorrington (Rosanna)
3. Liam Henkel (Grennsborough)
4 - Sam Brook (EISCC)
5 - Josh Henkel (Grennsborough)
6 - Shaun Brentnall (Rosanna)
7 - Michael Hannan (EISCC)
8 - Jack Viola (Edinburugh)
9 - Scotty Becker (Rosanna)
10 - John Hyatt (Grennsborough)
11 - Matt Jackson (Rosanna)

As you can see most of the players are from rosanna, grennsy and east ivanhoe however i can only base this side on who i have played with i know there are a few new comers into the hdca that i have heard plenty about but what i've got hear is a pretty good hdca XI side - please fell free to add or comment on certain players

mate talk about this in the HDCA Juniors thread!!!!

how is shaun brentnal in their?
scott becker has lost it
seb nicolosi has earnt a spot i rekon,
mike wayman might be playing 2nds but he is definatly good enough
sachin anand in my opinion is a better spinner than matty jackson
but this is just my opinion,watcha think ?

i agree that brentnall is cleary not good enough.
and what is johnny hyatt doing there
where is james love or nicholas biscontin
and now that strongman is playing 17's at greensy shouldn't he be in the side
and scott becker still bowls the same pace as he did in under 12's and doesn't swing it anymore, the is no way he should be there.
also arjan from banyule seems the be a good player
thoughts?

ari gold;295233 said:
i agree that brentnall is cleary not good enough.
and what is johnny hyatt doing there
where is james love or nicholas biscontin
and now that strongman is playing 17's at greensy shouldn't he be in the side
and scott becker still bowls the same pace as he did in under 12's and doesn't swing it anymore, the is no way he should be there.
also arjan from banyule seems the be a good player
thoughts?

arjun biggest tossa since murray white!
he is so cocky,strongman isnt in the team

im pretty sure chris strongman is a lot better than half the blokes in that side, with bat and ball.

if he tryed, he would be playing a very high level of cricket.

the lion;295224 said:
mate talk about this in the HDCA Juniors thread!!!!

see the thing is i can only go by people i played with, and i'll try to reasemble and new side tonight with all your suggestions, the main one who i leaved out which i shouldnt was james mclean

renwickranch;295227 said:
how is shaun brentnal in their?
scott becker has lost it
seb nicolosi has earnt a spot i rekon,
mike wayman might be playing 2nds but he is definatly good enough
sachin anand in my opinion is a better spinner than matty jackson
but this is just my opinion,watcha think ?

seb is a freak show however he is bottom age 15's haha so i cant really put him in the 17's side, sachin i know is no where near as good as jacko, and i havent played wayman in years so i would hav absolutley no clue

gleenbutts_10;295361 said:
seb is a freak show however he is bottom age 15's haha so i cant really put him in the 17's side, sachin i know is no where near as good as jacko, and i havent played wayman in years so i would hav absolutley no clue

yeah fair enough man

interesting first week back in A grade with plenty of upsets. would have to say viewbank getting over greensborough was the biggest of them all. what are peoples thoughts on the run home leading up to the finals? which teams will/wont make it? also what are peoples thoughts on a few other topics like:

the blowies? could they be the next big thing in the hdca?

are greesborough underachieveing this year with the team they have?

when are heidelberg going to drop players like smout and walker who have done absolutley nothing for the past 2 years, yet still playing A Grade?

are rosanna and heidelberg the powerhouse teams they have been in recent years or are they on the way down?

who'll take home jack?

the greatest137;308160 said:
interesting first week back in A grade with plenty of upsets. would have to say viewbank getting over greensborough was the biggest of them all. what are peoples thoughts on the run home leading up to the finals? which teams will/wont make it? also what are peoples thoughts on a few other topics like:

the blowies? could they be the next big thing in the hdca?

are greesborough underachieveing this year with the team they have?

when are heidelberg going to drop players like smout and walker who have done absolutley nothing for the past 2 years, yet still playing A Grade?

are rosanna and heidelberg the powerhouse teams they have been in recent years or are they on the way down?

who'll take home jack?

Good post, yes I’m not really sure about the so called huge upsets, the comp is the most even it’s been for the last 6 or 7 years. Everyone expects HB, Ros GB and Ban to win every week.
The blowies have been on the way up for a couple of years, blew a couple of close one day games this time last year which set them back, but yes they appear to be more consistent this year
Banyule is favourite simply because they keep winning, the rest can all beat anyone on their day including finals , its just going to come down to who hits form at the right time
Don’t think Heidelberg has slipped as much as the last two results suggest, they still have quality proven finals performers. My thoughts are that Edinburgh and West have improved more so than Heidelberg, Rosanna and Greens slipped.
Greensy have not played as well as they should on paper, but they appear a bowler short, their batting has been better than recent years with butters making runs at will and others chipping in around him. Rosanna obviously have deep batting but same as greensy a bit short on the bowling side and they have played all of the home games at the lush de winton also they have lost their best player almatrah and shaw from last years GF side so they are more beatable. Jack is wide open I would say some usual suspects would be in the mix grindal occa and a couple of others for value butters and aiden young.

Good luck to all teams in the run home it going to be interesting and great for the comp

Interested to hear what others think….

intothewind;308461 said:
Good post, yes I’m not really sure about the so called huge upsets, the comp is the most even it’s been for the last 6 or 7 years. Everyone expects HB, Ros GB and Ban to win every week.
The blowies have been on the way up for a couple of years, blew a couple of close one day games this time last year which set them back, but yes they appear to be more consistent this year
Banyule is favourite simply because they keep winning, the rest can all beat anyone on their day including finals , its just going to come down to who hits form at the right time
Don’t think Heidelberg has slipped as much as the last two results suggest, they still have quality proven finals performers. My thoughts are that Edinburgh and West have improved more so than Heidelberg, Rosanna and Greens slipped.
Greensy have not played as well as they should on paper, but they appear a bowler short, their batting has been better than recent years with butters making runs at will and others chipping in around him. Rosanna obviously have deep batting but same as greensy a bit short on the bowling side and they have played all of the home games at the lush de winton also they have lost their best player almatrah and shaw from last years GF side so they are more beatable. Jack is wide open I would say some usual suspects would be in the mix grindal occa and a couple of others for value butters and aiden young.

Good luck to all teams in the run home it going to be interesting and great for the comp

Interested to hear what others think….
Shag, i think you will find that the Jack is the shield for the A grade premiers and not the best in the comp, better known as the Kevin Brady Medal.
As for the state of the competition it couldn't be better, anyone on their day can grab a victory where as years gone by it was a for gone conclussion who would make the top 4 by the first game after Xmas.
Having played a lot of cricket in this comp i hope all clubs involved continue to grow and succeed and get it back to where it belongs...The best in the North Metro area!!

friday the 13th of feb (today) greensborough and rosanna played in the 17 2's and this week all teams this were putin on black arm bands and havin a minute silence. WELL wat i found a bloody disgrace was that the rosanna team did not wear arm bands and as well as the the f#@kin coach was talkin durin the minute silence and he should feel like an ass whole for that and should apologise to every1 at the game for wat he did

mid_on;325008 said:
friday the 13th of feb (today) greensborough and rosanna played in the 17 2's and this week all teams this were putin on black arm bands and havin a minute silence. WELL wat i found a bloody disgrace was that the rosanna team did not wear arm bands and as well as the the f#@kin coach was talkin durin the minute silence and he should feel like an ass whole for that and should apologise to every1 at the game for wat he did

what an absolute prick.

cameron lumsden is a disgrace to the hdca
his a cheat, always has been
plus he always puts his players down
heidelberg are gonna crusify them come finals time

Do your homework nuffie, smout played in the 2's on the weekend along with M Favrin, Walker hasnt been setting the world on fire but he'll come good when it counts

Any truth to the rumour Grindal celebrated his 4fa n 110no. on the way back to bergerland by dropping in for a bucket of my finest and washed it down with a tub of gravy ... Geez that boy can eat

Colonel Sanders;325719 said:
Any truth to the rumour Grindal celebrated his 4fa n 110no. on the way back to bergerland by dropping in for a bucket of my finest and washed it down with a tub of gravy ... Geez that boy can eat
Wouldn't have thought so, he was apparently seen at Subway inhaling foot long Parmesan Oregano Salad rolls...... Yes he can eat!!!

Colonel Sanders;325717 said:

Do your homework nuffie, smout played in the 2's on the weekend along with M Favrin, Walker hasnt been setting the world on fire but he'll come good when it counts
I hope all others keep underestimating Reece Walker, he is just starting to hit peak form at the right time!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back