HDCA Juniors 2010/11

Re: HDCA Juniors 2010/11

should we bother running a 17's comp this year or shall we just give heidelberg the flag now...?
thoughts and suggestions?

ari gold;405352 said:
should we bother running a 17's comp this year or shall we just give heidelberg the flag now...?

Fair suck of the sauce bottle Ari...................

the horse paddock has enough wallpaper in the stable as it is. :D

ari gold;405352 said:

ohhh ari u must be kidding yourself, hope ur teammates appreciate u making this large call in august
little bit to arrogant for an overrated side if u ask me, why dont the rest of us in the hdca combine our best under 17 side and play you blokes, just to give u a flogging that u need to get a wake up call back to earth, for christ sake dont see many of u boys setting the world on fire in the seniors where your really tested
what makes u so certain this year anyway?

Big Papa Smurf;405427 said:
ohhh ari u must be kidding yourself, hope ur teammates appreciate u making this large call in august
little bit to arrogant for an overrated side if u ask me, why dont the rest of us in the hdca combine our best under 17 side and play you blokes, just to give u a flogging that u need to get a wake up call back to earth, for christ sake dont see many of u boys setting the world on fire in the seniors where your really tested

mate you are just saying that we are the strongest team in the league with that comment, all youre saying is that the only way you are going to beat heidelberg is to get all the best players from hdca and even then youll still probably lose

all i have to say is
BROUGHAN & RENWICK!

swifty_147;405611 said:
mate you are just saying that we are the strongest team in the league with that comment, all youre saying is that the only way you are going to beat heidelberg is to get all the best players from hdca and even then youll still probably lose

all i have to say is
BROUGHAN & RENWICK!

Well apparently pigs do fly ...........................................

..............it's really just a matter of how you launch them. :p

BTW what is Mr A. Renwick up to this coming season?

So for the U17's add Mill Park and Macleod according to Goliath, what about Monty and G/boro? Are they sill in the mix as well. It looks like the DVCA are now moving towards Friday nights as well, even if just for a trial at this stage. Interesting since there were some amusing comments in past Big Cricket threads when G/boro went to the DVCA, stating that the DVCA had no intention of going anywhere near Friday nights and that G/boro would lose so many juniors because of Saturday morning games. It was of course part of the shallow misguided bitter tripe that was thrown at G/boro for leaving the HDCA. Same probably happened to Macleod when they left. Water under the bridge now. Anyway it will be interesting to see how Friday evening juniors go for the DVCA. Good idea me thinks. I also hope that ultimately the DVCA & HDCA keep some level of amalgamation in the U17s into the future, if the DVCA move to establish Fridays on a permanent basis. All depends if comp age groups end up eventually aligning I suppose.

we talked it up last year, and we didn't let down.
the year before we did exactly the same,
with renwick confirming his comittments to the under 17's it just strengthens the young bergers again.
Another year for all the boys to develop,
Back2Back2Back2Back

Mill Park has in fact registered their U17s in NMCA, not HDCA. Due to the even number of sides in the HDCA at present we were told they could not accomidate us because that would mean there would be a bye. Bit disappointing, from all reports it is a much stronger comp.

The Wizz;405730 said:
Mill Park has in fact registered their U17s in NMCA, not HDCA. Due to the even number of sides in the HDCA at present we were told they could not accomidate us because that would mean there would be a bye. Bit disappointing, from all reports it is a much stronger comp.

Disappointing indeed Wizz. Hope it goes well for Mill Park anyway. I think the HDCA juniors have in some ways punched above their weight in recent years relative to the size of the comp. Good on them.

The Wizz;405730 said:

ah very dissapointing wizza, would've enjoyed a friday night affair vs mill park, may have been able to visit the great jason stojanovski on arrival.

Big Papa Smurf;405427 said:

okay mate you are genuinely the biggest lemon going around.... a big juicy one at that. i cant remember the last time this batch of heidelberg boys actually didnt win the flag.... last years 17s took the masaki (miki) out of every single side, just ask edinburgh.. those poor lads were made a mock of in the last round. heidelberg boys can be as arrogant as they like and calling them 'overrated' ha what a laugh, you are a muppet, bergers 10/11 premiers already as far as im concerned..... renwick & broughan, enough said

the lion;405763 said:
okay mate you are genuinely the biggest lemon going around.... a big juicy one at that. i cant remember the last time this batch of heidelberg boys actually didnt win the flag.... last years 17s took the masaki (miki) out of every single side, just ask edinburgh.. those poor lads were made a mock of in the last round. heidelberg boys can be as arrogant as they like and calling them 'overrated' ha what a laugh, you are a muppet, bergers 10/11 premiers already as far as im concerned..... renwick & broughan, enough said

spot on lion,
big papa smurf is the largest citrus fruit on this forum,
his idiotic and ludicrous comments are not required.
rumour is that big papa is actually stan 'the man' white.

A great opportunity for the better juniors to improve their cricket and test themselves against the wider cricket community.

Leader Community ePaper

And the next step is most likely to be inclusion in the Premier Cricket competition for the Purple and Green !

the lion;405763 said:

Of course there is always the perspective that your only as good as your opposition allows you to be. But I do like confidence even if it is a bit cocky.

BTW, looking at your avatar, I'm sure I have seen you at many a HDCA game. Although I think your hair was neater and not even slightly that dark. ;)

the lion;405763 said:

Just an opinion mate and i believe thats what these forums are for, so what if i think they are overrated, im sure some people may agree, maybe even themselves.

Ill wait for these boys to prove themselves in senior cricket before i can even consider them to be as good as they think they are, i only think 2of them have proven they can play against the big boys so far and the others still are yet to do so. Until then they are still overrated for all i care.

Big Papa Smurf;405829 said:
Just an opinion mate and i believe thats what these forums are for, so what if i think they are overrated, im sure some people may agree, maybe even themselves.

Ill wait for these boys to prove themselves in senior cricket before i can even consider them to be as good as they think they are, i only think 2of them have proven they can play against the big boys so far and the others still are yet to do so. Until then they are still overrated for all i care.

Considering these boys are either on the verge of, or have recently begun senior cricket proper, your points are hard to argue against. As I alluded to, the competition Heidelberg juniors have dealt with in recent seasons have been below par I believe. Having said that, there are indeed some very good players in this Heidelberg junior group. As you indicate though all will be revealed in the near future. Until then from the junior perspective the challenge is for the other teams to take it up to Heidelberg. To do that they need to start believing they can do it first. Much of the bravado expressed here from pro bergers is designed to ensure they don't start entertaining that idea. ;)

onemoreover;405830 said:
Considering these boys are either on the verge of, or have recently begun senior cricket proper, your points are hard to argue against. As I alluded to, the competition Heidelberg juniors have dealt with in recent seasons have been below par I believe. Having said that, there are indeed some very good players in this Heidelberg junior group. As you indicate though all will be revealed in the near future. Until then from the junior perspective the challenge is for the other teams to take it up to Heidelberg. To do that they need to start believing they can do it first. Much of the bravado expressed here from pro bergers is designed to ensure they don't start entertaining that idea. ;)

Considering most of us play school cricket we find it difficult to prove ourselves in the senior comp, however in the near future, if you want to see how we are progressing maybe check the premier cricket results in the paper on a sunday morning. Not sure if you know this but Mitch Hand played district 2nds last year for Carlton and took poles, Daniel Cookson played a district 1's T20 and played in the 2nds. How many games of district seconds have you played hero? Here's a fun fact for you all, just for your piece of mind... Mitch Hand wasn't quite up to playing in the under 17 1's last year as his bowling was labelled 'inconsistent', in our opinion sachin bowled better areas and went for less runs. Anthony Cocco breakthrough performance against the Edinburgh, including the prized scalp of one Murray White, got him the 2nd spinners role in combination with his match-winning batting. I've heard a viscous rumour on the grapevine that the Heidelberg under 17's will be changing there name to the Heidelberg Falcons as there were an abnormal number playing in the North East Falcons last summer. In conclusion, does anyone know what Ben Lennon is doing this year? Because the 17's down at Warringal Park could use him as a middle to lower order hitter.

I'd be pretty disappointed if Ben Lennon didn't come back and play u17's with macleod given that he plays seniors there. Not that it would be for much longer as I reckon he will be choosing footy over cricket in any event

sam_j_adams;405813 said:
A great opportunity for the better juniors to improve their cricket and test themselves against the wider cricket community.

Leader Community ePaper

And the next step is most likely to be inclusion in the Premier Cricket competition for the Purple and Green !

opcc now pvcc.jpg

Back