HDCA Juniors 2010/11

Re: HDCA Juniors 2010/11

sam we have no interest in these articles you lemon,

yeah i wouldn't think ben lennon would be playing cricket for h'berg this year for a few reasons:
1) he'd be concentrating on his football
2) he'll most likely be playing school cricket already on a saturday as rumour has it he is moving to the Ivanhoe Grammar School - Plenty Campus

Ari Out

ari gold;405837 said:
Considering most of us play school cricket we find it difficult to prove ourselves in the senior comp, however in the near future, if you want to see how we are progressing maybe check the premier cricket results in the paper on a sunday morning. Not sure if you know this but Mitch Hand played district 2nds last year for Carlton and took poles, Daniel Cookson played a district 1's T20 and played in the 2nds. How many games of district seconds have you played hero? Here's a fun fact for you all, just for your piece of mind... Mitch Hand wasn't quite up to playing in the under 17 1's last year as his bowling was labelled 'inconsistent', in our opinion sachin bowled better areas and went for less runs. Anthony Cocco breakthrough performance against the Edinburgh, including the prized scalp of one Murray White, got him the 2nd spinners role in combination with his match-winning batting. I've heard a viscous rumour on the grapevine that the Heidelberg under 17's will be changing there name to the Heidelberg Falcons as there were an abnormal number playing in the North East Falcons last summer. In conclusion, does anyone know what Ben Lennon is doing this year? Because the 17's down at Warringal Park could use him as a middle to lower order hitter.

Ok................

...........who let it out of the bag that I am actually a hero? C'mon own up!!!

Was supposed to be a secret.........damn it. :mad:

Are you sure your post hasn't been a cut and paste from New Idea magazine? :D

onemoreover;405955 said:
Ok................

...........who let it out of the bag that I am actually a hero? C'mon own up!!!

Was supposed to be a secret.........damn it. :mad:

don't think you are a hero mate. ari made a point that some of heidelbergs junior players are playing district 1's and 2's, but wait they can't match it against the big boys.
how are they overrated when they have won 3 premierships in a row?

Scrambler;405956 said:
don't think you are a hero mate. ari made a point that some of heidelbergs junior players are playing district 1's and 2's, but wait they can't match it against the big boys.
how are they overrated when they have won 3 premierships in a row?

No arguments on that at all. Except the reality is that none of them have proven anything at District level yet. C'mon lets be real here. As I have stated there are some very good players in that group! And as a team they do work very well as a unit. But the reality is that their recent junior opposition have not shown enough application and fight. Also some of my response is a bit of fun as well. :D

No matter where all these players come from, Heidelberg or elsewhere, the time is near when they will get to benchmark their development and real level. I for one honestly wish them every success. They are all a great bunch of kids.

the lion;405763 said:
okay mate you are genuinely the biggest lemon going around.... a big juicy one at that. i cant remember the last time this batch of heidelberg boys actually didnt win the flag.... last years 17s took the masaki (miki) out of every single side, just ask edinburgh.. those poor lads were made a mock of in the last round. heidelberg boys can be as arrogant as they like and calling them 'overrated' ha what a laugh, you are a muppet, bergers 10/11 premiers already as far as im concerned..... renwick & broughan, enough said

Look i'm going to come out and say this, i was captain of the burra last year. In that last round, heidelberg destroyed us with the ball, we only truly had 3 quality batsman last season (if i include myself) with Will Keating having an amazing year and Tom Watkins showing genuine class. That said, heidlbergs bowling attack is far and away the best in the competition.

Having said that though, their batting is very questionable at time, in both games we took apart their top order with relative ease, having them 6 for 60 in the first game, and having them 5 down early in the final round. in both cases how ever our depth of bowling was not strong enough to finish them off. Whilst they are the best in the league, they are well and truly beatable.

It will be interesting to follow this competition this year, now that most of the top flight players in the league are now too old, it will be interesting to see who makes the jump

idontcarewhatitsayshere;405962 said:
Look i'm going to come out and say this, i was captain of the burra last year. In that last round, heidelberg destroyed us with the ball, we only truly had 3 quality batsman last season (if i include myself) with Will Keating having an amazing year and Tom Watkins showing genuine class. That said, heidlbergs bowling attack is far and away the best in the competition.

Having said that though, their batting is very questionable at time, in both games we took apart their top order with relative ease, having them 6 for 60 in the first game, and having them 5 down early in the final round. in both cases how ever our depth of bowling was not strong enough to finish them off. Whilst they are the best in the league, they are well and truly beatable.

It will be interesting to follow this competition this year, now that most of the top flight players in the league are now too old, it will be interesting to see who makes the jump

incase you weren't aware, our wicketkeeper took the new ball and removed will "the star/clark" keating with pure ease, and also had you in all sorts, after that you made a few if i remember. It is true that you had us 6 for 60, we don't deny that, but in all honesty last year our care factor was zero until grandfinal day....

ari gold;405837 said:
Considering most of us play school cricket we find it difficult to prove ourselves in the senior comp, however in the near future, if you want to see how we are progressing maybe check the premier cricket results in the paper on a sunday morning. Not sure if you know this but Mitch Hand played district 2nds last year for Carlton and took poles, Daniel Cookson played a district 1's T20 and played in the 2nds. How many games of district seconds have you played hero? Here's a fun fact for you all, just for your piece of mind... Mitch Hand wasn't quite up to playing in the under 17 1's last year as his bowling was labelled 'inconsistent', in our opinion sachin bowled better areas and went for less runs. Anthony Cocco breakthrough performance against the Edinburgh, including the prized scalp of one Murray White, got him the 2nd spinners role in combination with his match-winning batting. I've heard a viscous rumour on the grapevine that the Heidelberg under 17's will be changing there name to the Heidelberg Falcons as there were an abnormal number playing in the North East Falcons last summer. In conclusion, does anyone know what Ben Lennon is doing this year? Because the 17's down at Warringal Park could use him as a middle to lower order hitter.

Interesting theory with the heidelberg falcons Ari, not a bad idea

With this change of name id assume theyd struggle then, as all you boys that played falcons didnt seem to be upto playing falcons standard? but i suppose that comes with that step up above 17 gold, because im pretty sure every heidelberg player that played falcons did nothing, all passengers in a falcons side that struggled bigtime! (maybe why they managed to get a game ;) )

Mitch hand not able to get a game, get your hand off it, id assume it was because he couldnt be bothered with you flogs as hes got bigger fish to fry, unlike the rest of you. He knows what you do in 17 gold counts for nothing as a cricketer, hence why he has been able to go on with it, and is someone with a future and improving at a district club now.
Cookson is a good keeper, but he is a fair way off any chance at playing district ones at all, as its obvious that to do so you need to be able to bat, and he is yet to prove himself with willow and hasnt shown any real signs that he will be able to, just another one of you boys thatll struggle against the "bigger boys"

ari gold;405964 said:
incase you weren't aware, our wicketkeeper took the new ball and removed will "the star/clark" keating with pure ease, and also had you in all sorts, after that you made a few if i remember. It is true that you had us 6 for 60, we don't deny that, but in all honesty last year our care factor was zero until grandfinal day....

Your not sucking on that lemon avatar are ya Ari? It's making you slur your speech it must be that sour.

"our care factor was zero until grandfinal day" ?????????? :confused:

How did you get to said grand final then? I think idontcarewhatitsayshere is onto something that youre not liking the sound of.

I think it is just that Heidelberg U17's had good depth and were able to regroup on a number of occasions last season after being in deep trouble. The opposition did not have an answer to overcome that and this is where I refer back to my comment that they need more application and fight. Plus holding their nerve with a bit of belief.

Since we are discussing the good U17 teams and players and the impending closure of junior cricket for many of them, how many and who do we think will stay playing within the HDCA vs moving onto other or higher level senior comps?

ari gold;405964 said:

well this is either dan kelly or cookson himself
will was batting injured, needed twelve runs to win the league comp, so went to get it as quick as possible and unfortunately failed

you have become extraordinarily arrogant at hcc, i hope you fail, murray white will clean up the 17s this year

idontcarewhatitsayshere;405977 said:
will was batting injured, needed twelve runs to win the league comp, so went to get it as quick as possible and unfortunately failed

you have become extraordinarily arrogant at hcc, i hope you fail, murray white will clean up the 17s this year

It was cookson btw. I hope muzza does just that.

There is a question on my mind that may relate to how successful the HCC U17 group we have been referring to, have been. I would like to know if anyone could tell me how many of these kids come from families with a cricketing heritage? That is did their father play or for that matter even a mother play. I would like to know how this compares to the same age group at other clubs. It would be a bit of a project to do properly, but off the top of my head, I think it might be fair to say that the HCC U17's has a very very good percentage of players with such a heritage. Higher than on average I suspect. This would have the potential to benefit these players and team substantially over kids/teams that do not have that same level of direct cricketing heritage associated with them.

Does anyone have a perspective on this?

Big Papa Smurf;405966 said:
Interesting theory with the heidelberg falcons Ari, not a bad idea

With this change of name id assume theyd struggle then, as all you boys that played falcons didnt seem to be upto playing falcons standard? but i suppose that comes with that step up above 17 gold, because im pretty sure every heidelberg player that played falcons did nothing, all passengers in a falcons side that struggled bigtime! (maybe why they managed to get a game ;) )

Mitch hand not able to get a game, get your hand off it, id assume it was because he couldnt be bothered with you flogs as hes got bigger fish to fry, unlike the rest of you. He knows what you do in 17 gold counts for nothing as a cricketer, hence why he has been able to go on with it, and is someone with a future and improving at a district club now.
Cookson is a good keeper, but he is a fair way off any chance at playing district ones at all, as its obvious that to do so you need to be able to bat, and he is yet to prove himself with willow and hasnt shown any real signs that he will be able to, just another one of you boys thatll struggle against the "bigger boys"

fair call smurf, you seem to know your stuff, maybe done a little research... i like it

wouldnt say the falcons struggled however, considering the region only has 33 clubs to choose from whereas other regions have over 100... the boys were competitive in every game, won 1, were robbed in a game due to a stupid wet weather rule & lost the last game off the 2nd last ball.. & although there might not have been large contributions from the boys, there was still some positive signs considering the quality standard, with zema showing a bit with bat and ball, powick batting well in patches & kelly bowling without luck.. not to mention mitch hand bowling well as a bottom ager for the vic 17s

onemoreover;405983 said:

There is a question on my mind that may relate to how successful the HCC U17 group we have been referring to, have been. I would like to know if anyone could tell me how many of these kids come from families with a cricketing heritage? That is did their father play or for that matter even a mother play. I would like to know how this compares to the same age group at other clubs. It would be a bit of a project to do properly, but off the top of my head, I think it might be fair to say that the HCC U17's has a very very good percentage of players with such a heritage. Higher than on average I suspect. This would have the potential to benefit these players and team substantially over kids/teams that do not have that same level of direct cricketing heritage associated with them.

considering i know who ari gold is, i dont think you should go assuming its cookson or even kelly for that matter when you really have no idea... and stop trying to start "projects" they are dumb and are never going to take off in this thread...

onemoreover;405983 said:

Okay fellow big cricketers,
Firstly, i've been accused of being Justin Powick, Daniel Kelly and Daniel Cookson, which i am not.

Secondly, my perspective on the quoted above is that; that statement is possibly the most ludacrous and unintelligent post i have witnessed on this forum. Personally i have made some bedazzling statements myself but for me, that has to take the cake. I mean, cricketing heritage, how do you think of such a thing without being on any kind of illicit substance? I am actually impressed... It is just so outrageous, outlandish and any other word you can think of to describe such a post.

Now for my reply to fogs aka idon'tcarewhatitsayshere or whatever his name is... accuse us of being arrogant, we are, i admit it, we are sooooo arrogant, but that's the way we are, and that is why we are so good at the game we are currently discussing, we think we are that good. Premiers again this year, we love march...

idontcarewhatitsayshere;405977 said:

is murray whites name allowed to be mentioned on here?
i also believe ari should ease up on will, standing at 2nd slip that day texting my girlfriend i was in awe at how fast dj.cookson was actually letting the pill fly... if the rumours are true that hes taking up his lifelong dream of becoming a demon quick this year then the competition should beware. in saying this i believe that banyule could be the dark horse this year with jordan samad and thooper shano steering the ship

onemoreover;405971 said:
Your not sucking on that lemon avatar are ya Ari? It's making you slur your speech it must be that sour.

"our care factor was zero until grandfinal day" ?????????? :confused:

How did you get to said grand final then? I think idontcarewhatitsayshere is onto something that youre not liking the sound of.

I think it is just that Heidelberg U17's had good depth and were able to regroup on a number of occasions last season after being in deep trouble. The opposition did not have an answer to overcome that and this is where I refer back to my comment that they need more application and fight. Plus holding their nerve with a bit of belief.

if you saw all of our games onemoreover you would realise that that comment is completely true
we didnt care what happened on the field, we just screwed around and had fun

ari gold;405988 said:
Okay fellow big cricketers,
Firstly, i've been accused of being Justin Powick, Daniel Kelly and Daniel Cookson, which i am not.

Secondly, my perspective on the quoted above is that; that statement is possibly the most ludacrous and unintelligent post i have witnessed on this forum. Personally i have made some bedazzling statements myself but for me, that has to take the cake. I mean, cricketing heritage, how do you think of such a thing without being on any kind of illicit substance? I am actually impressed... It is just so outrageous, outlandish and any other word you can think of to describe such a post.

Now for my reply to fogs aka idon'tcarewhatitsayshere or whatever his name is... accuse us of being arrogant, we are, i admit it, we are sooooo arrogant, but that's the way we are, and that is why we are so good at the game we are currently discussing, we think we are that good. Premiers again this year, we love march...

Looks like we are using the same supplier :cool:

swifty_147;405995 said:
if you saw all of our games onemoreover you would realise that that comment is completely true
we didnt care what happened on the field, we just screwed around and had fun

Fun is good and necessary for juniors, but you guys don't "screw" around during the game. That would mean you have no pride in your performance and that is not my observation over a long period of time. If what you say is true, then there is clearly no challenge for you and therefore no real indication of your self promoted great abilities. Both as a team and as individual players. I have observed you lot being more than concerned on a number of occasions when placed under the pump. Like I have said it is just that you have had the depth to recover. So please don't act like you guys don't care, because you do. As it should be of course.

the lion;405985 said:
considering i know who ari gold is, i dont think you should go assuming its cookson or even kelly for that matter when you really have no idea... and stop trying to start "projects" they are dumb and are never going to take off in this thread...

Well of course you know Ari Gold and visa versa. That just goes without saying.

The reference I thought was to the opening bowler that got keating out - yes/no? If so that is cookson. And it's available in back and white on the HDCA website for all to see.

We don't need the project and there was no request to start one in the first place. But let me get this right, are you and Ari of the opinion that having a history of cricketers in your immediate family is of no benefit what so ever? That this would provide no comparison with a junior cricketer that has no access to such a resource within their immediate family? Is that what you guys are saying? :eek:

Back