HDCA Juniors 2010/11

Re: HDCA Juniors 2010/11

the lion;405989 said:
is murray whites name allowed to be mentioned on here?
i also believe ari should ease up on will, standing at 2nd slip that day texting my girlfriend i was in awe at how fast dj.cookson was actually letting the pill fly... if the rumours are true that hes taking up his lifelong dream of becoming a demon quick this year then the competition should beware. in saying this i believe that banyule could be the dark horse this year with jordan samad and thooper shano steering the ship

D Cookson = absolute genuine smoke and an ok keeper

mitch hand is good, but needs more confidence, was hit out of the attack vs edinburgh, well not hit out, but took himself off after a couple
cookson is a lucky cricketer, talent, but arrogance, the second best keeper in the comp
powick can play
dan kelly is a smart player
seb= freak

no way heidleberg should lose, but these are the only players that can win it for them, they can be beaten, big front runners

idontcarewhatitsayshere;406033 said:
mitch hand is good, but needs more confidence, was hit out of the attack vs edinburgh, well not hit out, but took himself off after a couple
cookson is a lucky cricketer, talent, but arrogance, the second best keeper in the comp
powick can play
seb= freak

no way heidleberg should lose, but these are the only players that can win it for them, they can be beaten, big front runners

ah champion, you may be forgetting jo zema.. he is nothing short of an absolute gun. adam renwick at the helm this year won't hurt either.
and as for cookson being to second best keeper in the comp, please explain?
and if you say that sam wilcox or even dimytri koulouris are better than him then you are completely discrediting yourself as i believe most of the statements you make on forum are completely logical and correct.
Also, my Dad & Grandfather did play cricket, now could i please ask for onemoreover to stop talking about cricketing heritage as it is quite frankly a non-talking point and an idiotic idea.

early top 4 predictions anyone?

idontcarewhatitsayshere;406033 said:
powick can play
seb= freak

interesting thoughts mr fogarty,
completely agree with your comment about mitch hand
cookson 2nd best keeper, behind who?
seb is a freak, should bowl more often aswell, leg spinning wizard
disagree with the dan kelly statement, he can be unsmart at times

onemoreover;406029 said:
Well of course you know Ari Gold and visa versa. That just goes without saying.

The reference I thought was to the opening bowler that got keating out - yes/no? If so that is cookson. And it's available in back and white on the HDCA website for all to see.

We don't need the project and there was no request to start one in the first place. But let me get this right, are you and Ari of the opinion that having a history of cricketers in your immediate family is of no benefit what so ever? That this would provide no comparison with a junior cricketer that has no access to such a resource within their immediate family? Is that what you guys are saying? :eek:

hahaha please tell me your joking. That is a really long bow to draw champ. I don't think heidelberg have won three in a row becuase their parents have played the game before. I think you have taken the science of 'genes' too far in my opinion

I think onemoreover has started clutching at straws scramb,
rumour on the grapevine is that jack gilham has been bowling up a storm in the off-season. lucky for all the other clubs that he isn't a junior anymore

Scrambler;406039 said:
hahaha please tell me your joking. That is a really long bow to draw champ. I don't think heidelberg have won three in a row becuase their parents have played the game before. I think you have taken the science of 'genes' too far in my opinion

You appear to be the only one here that has mentioned "genes". Both you and I are not scientists are we? So none of us are going there.

You are just so narrow minded that you can't see the wealth of experience, advice and guidance that would be readily at hand. It's a lot different when your dad can help you develop because of his experience and knowledge compared to not having that kind of resource.

Go to a junior cricket game just as a spectator. Walk the ground and listen to what the parents are commenting on about the game. It becomes very very clear who has played cricket and who hasn't.

But then maybe you are or were one of those kids that apparently new it all. :p

onemoreover;406045 said:
You appear to be the only one here that has mentioned "genes". Both you and I are not scientists are we? So none of us are going there.

You are just so narrow minded that you can't see the wealth of experience, advice and guidance that would be readily at hand. It's a lot different when your dad can help you develop because of his experience and knowledge compared to not having that kind of resource.

Go to a junior cricket game just as a spectator. Walk the ground and listen to what the parents are commenting on about the game. It becomes very very clear who has played cricket and who hasn't.

It may be all well and good having a Dad as a resource, but i believe most skill is 'natural talent', it obviously doesn't hurt having advice and experience on your side, but that will only fine tune your game. Anyway this is a ludacrous topic and i want to cease talking about it. Is it certain macleod will be playing HDCA 17's this season? if so who are their good players?

ari gold;406055 said:
Anyway this is a ludacrous topic and i want to cease talking about it.

Didn't realise you had the final say on what is and is not discussed on here. Then again, best keep it simple else you and the rest of the cretins will most likely struggle to keep up.

tact;406057 said:
Didn't realise you had the final say on what is and is not discussed on here. Then again, best keep it simple else you and the rest of the cretins will most likely struggle to keep up.

ah we have another ari hater, i like it..
cheers tact, if you really want to talk about heritage then be my guest, clearly you're a really exciting individual..

ari gold;406060 said:
ah we have another ari hater, i like it..
cheers tact, if you really want to talk about heritage then be my guest, clearly you're a really exciting individual..

Hate is such a strong word, don't you think Mr. Kelly? I would say it's more that I find you and your little chums to be a nuisance. I also find it rich that you claim the drivel you post up is actually more worthy of discussion. Let me see what is the formula you use, ah yes, something like:

Name + faint praise before bagging the player completely + delusions regarding either your own or your teams apparent ability + plus denial about your identity = one post from ari gold

Now, excuse me as I'm going to go and paint some wood in order to watch it dry - surely that has to be more entertaining than the absolute tripe you and your feral chums see fit to post.

idontcarewhatitsayshere;406063 said:
sam wilcox=freakshow, only keeper better than cookson, and he has a year and a bit on him

sam wilcox= playing 3rd grade, doesnt keep in front of cookson for school cricket
daniel cookson= playing district 3s

enough said

ari gold;406055 said:
It may be all well and good having a Dad as a resource, but i believe most skill is 'natural talent', it obviously doesn't hurt having advice and experience on your side, but that will only fine tune your game. Anyway this is a ludacrous topic and i want to cease talking about it. Is it certain macleod will be playing HDCA 17's this season? if so who are their good players?

Explain "natural talent". Where does "natural talent" come from then?

My definition - The term often used to explain a lack of knowledge of how someone has attained expertise at a skill.

My apologies for trying to engage your mind.

ari gold;406055 said:

Exactly and couple that with the fact that I think Heidelberg U17s have a fair sprinkling of cricketing dads that have quite a bit of experience compared to other sides (i think), then this could yielded this particular group of juniors a benefit over other teams.

You don't have to agree with it, it is just another perspective on why this group of juniors have been so successful. :)

tact;406061 said:
Hate is such a strong word, don't you think Mr. Kelly? I would say it's more that I find you and your little chums to be a nuisance. I also find it rich that you claim the drivel you post up is actually more worthy of discussion. Let me see what is the formula you use, ah yes, something like:

Name + faint praise before bagging the player completely + delusions regarding either your own or your teams apparent ability + plus denial about your identity = one post from ari gold

Now, excuse me as I'm going to go and paint some wood in order to watch it dry - surely that has to be more entertaining than the absolute tripe you and your feral chums see fit to post.

Tact, I can tell you he is not Mr Kelly. (that is senior or junior)

You seem to have the formula ironed out. ;) But then for Ari, he needs to get a little structured in his responses since he is afflicted with the condition of talking to himself. :D:D:D

onemoreover;406045 said:

There is a person who gives their advice and guidance that every team has, a coach. So that could have more of an influence than a parent. Heritage is a no factor of a player because the kid could have an australian test player for a dad but if he doesn't have any talent then the so called 'heritage' would be useless.

so thats a good theory.

your 'heritage' theory has got no support and this is coming from a kid who apparently knows it all.

onemoreover;406088 said:
Exactly and couple that with the fact that I think Heidelberg U17s have a fair sprinkling of cricketing dads that have quite a bit of experience compared to other sides (i think), then this could yielded this particular group of juniors a benefit over other teams.

You don't have to agree with it, it is just another perspective on why this group of juniors have been so successful. :)

hahaha i think you might be on to something. It sounds like you've done your research. Your drawing an extremely long bow champ

Scrambler;406091 said:
There is a person who gives their advice and guidance that every team has, a coach. So that could have more of an influence than a parent. Heritage is a no factor of a player because the kid could have an australian test player for a dad but if he doesn't have any talent then the so called 'heritage' would be useless.

so thats a good theory.

your 'heritage' theory has got no support and this is coming from a kid who apparently knows it all.

I think in some ways you could be correct there in a general sort of way.

There are good and bad coaches. Your thoughts?

Coaches do not have the same vested interest in the individual as the parent Cricketer does. Their focus is on making the team work best as they see it. And they may see things entirely different to another coach with the same team. Your thoughts?

As for your perspective on "heritage", I agree completely, if the situation is that the as a junior cricketer, the player doesn't take on board anything of value from that benefit. That is they have the "I already know it all" syndrome.

As for sporting "talent" no one is born with "talent". Some may be better at mechanical or movement and co-ordination tasks than others. But that is not talent. It may be a starting point though along with developing the mind. This is a well established position in modern contemporary thinking on sports development. If you don't believe that, then there is plenty of avenues to research the subject yourself.

im rather over all this deep and meaningful talk about genes and natural talent,

can someone tell me which teams are gonna make up the competition for 17 gold and has anyone got any predictions for the top 4?

Back