India In Australia 2011/12

Hussey's innings has been very impressive , some sensible batting although Dravid gave him a life.

A fairly entertaining match so far, fairly even, I'd probably say that India are slightly in front. Looking forward to tomorrow.

I reckon we'll need at least another 120 runs to be a chance. It all comes down to Hussey and how much he can bat with Pattinson and Hilfenhaus.

I've seen stuff all of it it's on too late for me, but looking at the score cards it's a cracking match. I might have to stay up tonight. Trouble is I'm working this week. :(

290 India to win. We have some good batsman at 8,9 and 10. They have made 132 runs and taken 10 wickets with another innings to go. This is going to be good

Well India have fallen in a heap to be 5 for 69, didn't see that coming, bowling been pretty impressive so far though.

What a win. Didn't think the Indian's would collapse so easily. Our bowlers and McDermott can pat themselves on the back that was some real focus and consistency. Siddle has come out this season a new bowler, there is some real depth when you think that Cummins and Harris are to come back and there is Copeland too. Wonder where this leaves Johnson? The batsman need to nuckle down now and do it for the bowlers.

Knew I should have stayed up. Curses. Great win for the team.

nairbe, I think Cummins is pretty badly injured, you might not be looking for him to play again till mid 2012.

Knew I should have stayed up. Curses. Great win for the team.

nairbe, I think Cummins is pretty badly injured, you might not be looking for him to play again till mid 2012.

Yes he will be a while off yet and with the way things are going there is no need to rush he is only a kid with lots of cricket ahead of him. I just think we have enough young bowlers about not to need Johnson again. In the end Stark didn't go well enough to hold his spot and he did better than Johnson.

Batsmen is the key as we go forward. We are desperate to settle the lineup down and find some team play between them as the bowlers have done. There really does not seem to be any direction or stability with the selection process, though to be fair the new selectors have not had long to get it happening. Just wondering if Langer's position needs reviewing.

A pile of wickets fallen today, 12 down with still a couple of hours left. Strange as the wicket looks decent for batting, the Marsh shot was very ordinary though.

A pile of wickets fallen today, 12 down with still a couple of hours left. Strange as the wicket looks decent for batting, the Marsh shot was very ordinary though.

Excellent bowling again but to be fair you would have to say there must be something in the wicket. Our top end though we Woeful again. This is really no good enough, you can see with Ponting and Clarke at the crease that bating is no breeze but you can knuckle down. This bring the question again about Langer, is he the right man for the job.

Clarke had his failures and was due, but wow what a pay off. I really have to concede, Clarke is proving to be a good captain and is showing leadership with the bat. Hope it keeps going for him. Ponting? well the death rattle, remember Greg Chappell scoring 200 on retirement, the Mark Taylor 300 when he was done? It is the same, the amazing Steve waugh hundred at the SCG when the end was just around the corner. Come on punter announce your retirement for the end of the series when we win this test and go out a hero you deserve it.
I would think that India will be harder to remove in the second innings with the wicket dying. Should be a good test for the bowlers and a great chance for Lyon to do his stuff. Could be a more exciting game than it looks right now. Will be disappointed if India gives in.

And Clarke gets his 300 with a boundary, an absolutely amazing innings. I wonder how much they can/will go on for? 4 for 611 and still only halfway through day 3 with a whopping lead of 418..

And Clarke gets his 300 with a boundary, an absolutely amazing innings. I wonder how much they can/will go on for? 4 for 611 and still only halfway through day 3 with a whopping lead of 418..

great innings, we are on the front foot. Our bowlers are doing very well on a dead pitch. With some luck it will start to crumble tomorrow. Haddin has the dropsies again, he must go there are no excuses.

Well Clarke, Ponting and Hussey have given us a collective one finger salute. No doubt great batting performance especially considering that Australia was in trouble. Clarke is now enshrined as Captain however with a 500 run lead why would you have boundary riders late in the day? Some of his field placements were ridiculous and got me thinking if Ponting was running the show as this was something he did as skipper. Why would you not encourage Tendulkar to drive? As it was, Clarke ensured he just shut shop. Ponting will survive as long as he deems fit and Hussey will keep playing until he is 45. Haddin after pointing at someone after taking a catch in the first innings made a goose of himself by putting down a straight forward chance last night. How many more chances will he get before the selectors bite the bullet and get rid of him? There is a salient warning for the Aussies however and they only have to look no further than their opponents. India looked old, haggered and disinterested in the field. The Australians do not want to make the same mistake and hang onto veterans longer than necessary.
After this series ends the Aussies head to the Windies for 3 Tests in March/April and the next Test series is not until November when they meet the South Africans. Interestingly SAF refuse to play the Boxing Day Test in Australia because they want to play it at home.Hmm 70,000 at the MCG or 350 Boks with their Barbeques,eskys and a couple of good looking blondes. It looks more like a function at a local cricket club.

Well with India at 7 for 299 it looks like it will be all over today, wonder if Clarke wished he had of batted for longer ha? I was astounded when he declared, thought he would've at least went past Tubby and Bradman and got to say 350. Very unselfish, picked up the wicket of Tendulkar too :)

almost done at tea. The bowlers have done very well on that dead pitch. Starting to get some low bounce now. Haddin has been horrid today, some really average rubbish. Get rid of him.

Haddin just missed another one, wasn't even there for it off the spinner and gives Shama a life. He tried to help Tendulkar earlier.

Back