is m. hussey close to being dropped??

would you drop hussey ??

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters
is m. hussey close to being dropped??

his form hasnt been all that good this year (from what ive seen) in both forms of the game. i would give him one last test and if he fails again i would look elsewhere. whats your opinion. could they drop hussey and play mcgain and move mitch down a spot. ?? it would be a bold move.

Re: is m. hussey close to being dropped??

Nah. He was showing for in the ODIs. I reckon he'll bounce back. He has been disappointing so far this year, but he showed enough in the ODIs, on top of his past performances, to justify sticking with him.

his past 5 test series.
08 WI ave 22
08 IND 56
08/09 NZ 35
08/09 SA 17
09 SA 2
not a pretty sight. surely the selecters patience must be running out.

Give him the rest of the RSA series to try and find some form for the Ashes.

if he was a victorian batsmen with figures like that the selecters would be baying for blood. lol, i consider this series to be much more important than the ashes from a respect point of view.

I think he's safe for this series and probably the ashes as well. The guy had a phenomenal start, which makes this bad trot look worse.

i think his slump has came at a good time (for him anyway) with a lot of fresh faces in the side i guess they dont want to drop a senior player right now.

distributer of pain;332921 said:
i think his slump has came at a good time (for him anyway) with a lot of fresh faces in the side i guess they dont want to drop a senior player right now.

Along the lines of what I was thinking. You need to have some stability and at the moment, there is only really Ponting, Hussey and Clarke.

Well he won't get dropped on this tour considering the lack of a back up batsman- and the Ashes are too close to try someone new- so he'll play in both, but a bad Ashes series as well as a bad one here would spell curtains methinks! ;)

Kram81;334040 said:
I don't think so.

he had a life last night when he was givin out LB, he was heading back to rooms so he thought it was out, katich convinced him to refer it. very very lucky and hopefully thats the luck hes been looking for and may go on with it now. hopfully.

Yes, This so called "Form Slump" off his has gone on way too long. If he doesn't perform in the remaining tests, his head is on the chopping block.

they were saying the 50 he made in the first innings was horrible, im not sure whats going on with him, id give him this series to come good otherwise its axe time.

i suppose whilst their winning he will be safe, but if we lose the first ashes test and hes form hasnt changed the pressure will be right on.

distributer of pain;334642 said:
they were saying the 50 he made in the first innings was horrible, im not sure whats going on with him, id give him this series to come good otherwise its axe time.
He still has an average of 56 at test level
I think we should wait until the ashes and see what happens there

knowing the selectors Hussey will be given a few years of poor form to be dropped. He might come right but if he fails in England it might be time to move on. ATM I think Hodge would provide more value but the selectors don't like him for some reason.

I think they will replace him with a young player like Ferguson or Jaques.

They don't like Hodge because he has usually failed when given his opportunities at International level.

Kram81;336007 said:
They don't like Hodge because he has usually failed when given his opportunities at International level.

Exactly, which is why he has a test average of over 55.

Oh, wait...

Back