JATA Shield T20 Competition

Re: JATA Shield T20 Competition

cheer_cheer;376883 said:
Supersaints XI's squad has been submitted with some very strong additions, names such as:
  • Tom Elliott
  • Andrew Ferguson
  • Justin Maher
  • Liam Buchanan
  • Damien Shanahan
  • Aaron Finch
  • Brett Anderton

Ando is a confirmed non-starter, but if you got those other additions in the side at the one time it is going to take some beating for the overall $10K prize !! Only problem is that the semi final/final for the Geelong comp will take place on the same day as Geelong would play a T20 semi final if they win their quarter final on the 6th December.

better not get injured the old ferg. wonder if the head honchos no lol

ants14;376973 said:
better not get injured the old ferg. wonder if the head honchos no lol

he has got a habit of getting in the wrong place at the wrong time with injuries. I'm sure your head honchos would be okay with it all !!

cheer_cheer;376894 said:
Ando has been rubbed out and replaced by another Ando, this Ando is Simon though !! The who's who of local cricketers has just deepened for the SuperSaints !!

I think i may be batting at 11 for the first time since Under 12's when we had 16 in our team back at the old Thomson Tiger gold days. . . :D

Nice night for the 1st round of the JATA Competition tonight down at South Barwon and Marshall. So if anyone wants to give their training a miss and come down for a few frothies and some BBQ meats then both South Barwon and Marshall will have these facilities going !! Games start at 5pm. The South Barwon - Bank of Queensland Hit For Six sign is now up to $1500 !! There are 4 of them around the ground.

cheer_cheer;377064 said:
Nice night for the 1st round of the JATA Competition tonight down at South Barwon and Marshall. So if anyone wants to give their training a miss and come down for a few frothies and some BBQ meats then both South Barwon and Marshall will have these facilities going !! Games start at 5pm. The South Barwon - Bank of Queensland Hit For Six sign is now up to $1500 !! There are 4 of them around the ground.

Scores?

The South Barwon Bank of Queensland (Pakington Street Branch) Swans defeated Anglesea in the match this evening at Reynolds Reserve. Anglesea won the toss and sent the Swans into bat in a move that may have been done to ensure the game went the 40 overs ;-) The Swans scored 72 off their first ten overs for the loss of two wickets and pushed it along to 100 runs off the next ten to end up 6/172 from its 20 over allotment. Geoff Young opened the batting and made a quick fire 51 from 33 balls and Simon Breuer with 32 from 19 the other main contributor. C Hornsey and J Coles both took 2 wickets for the Roos.

Anglesea started off on fire with 56 runs from the first five overs for the loss of no wickets to be in a great position. The Swans tightened the screws and with their three best batsmen out in the 14th over for 101 runs the game had swung back in the Swans favour. Another 30 runs were scored off the next 6 overs as the Roos were bowled out for 131 in the final over. The top three batsmen in Norman (29), Venables (33) and veteran Stoneham (28) did a great job at the top but did not have the depth below to keep their momentum going. Wickets were shared with the Swans with Anthony Ford taking two wickets and Matty Oughtred (bowler # 9) taking the final 2 wickets.

Was a good game, played in good spirits with the Roos acquiting themselves very well in most areas of the game in positive signs for their club. The balls supplied by the competition were a bit of a talking point with them seemingly not coming off the bat as well as what they do on a Saturday. Just seemed to be a bit heavier for some reason. Still both sides played with them so it had no ill affect other than being able to hit them as far.

In the second game at Marshall, South Barwon A won the toss and put Marshall into bat. Most of the batsman struggled to put many runs on the board with Trent Leslie top scoring with 28, and with Marshall tettering on 8 for 55 a below 60 score was on the cards. The tail then wagged a bit which in the concept of the game was crucial and got the Bears to 89 and bowled out in the last over. Glenn Hauenstein with 4 and James Lucas with 3 were the main contributors with the ball.

The Swans started the run chase slowly but surely and with sitting at 1/19 after 6 overs will had another 14 to score 71 runs but a devasting 7th over which saw the score fall to 4/19 inluding two wickets to coach Rohan Sykes and a run out saw the momentum shift. The Swans never really recovered from this and were bowled out for 52 in the 17th over. A great bowling effort from the Bears to see them through to the semi-final on Dec 13th.

Both games were played in the right spirit with a fair crowd able to watch the games in the one location.

Looks like The Newcomb v Thomson game will be played next Wednesday night at around 5:30pm at Newcomb. Newcomb should have a couple of GCC current 1st XI playing members in their ranks, including one Matthew Harrison. Thomson may also have one or two extra's from another Tigers team down the Surf Coast way. Will confirm the actual date once both clubs get back to me.

Tonight's game between Newcomb and Tiger CC (which is a mixture of some Thommy Tigers, Torquay Tigers and a little bit of Viking) will take place tonight at Newcomb from 5:30pm. Come along and see the youthful Dino's take on the Tigers in this elimination match. I am sure food and drinks will be available from the bar so while the weather is nice, let's make the most of it !! And play some cricket !!

Tigers CC progressed in their game tonight against a very inexperienced Newcomb side at Grinter Reserve in perfect conditions for a T20. Big Crickets own "a for effort" got back into the runs (55) again sharing a 116 run opening stand with another Big Cricket contributor "AB1" smacking 80 in that partnership !! I assume he faced heaps more balls ?? The Tigers ended up making 183 from their twenty overs. For the Dino's young leg-spinner Josh Thorpe picked up 3 wickets from his 4 overs but took a bit of stick in between, not bad for a 15 year old.

In reply the Dino's after loosing "Hard Hitter" for a first baller got a bit of momentum with Mills and Whitworth hitting the ball wel to see them sitting at 1/55 from 7 overs. It was from here that things went pair shape as the Tigers got on top and the in-experienced Dino's crumbled to be all out for 74. Gave the Dino's youth some experience but the Tiger's controlled the game from the start to see them line up against the South Barwon Swans in the first semi final at South Barwon # 2 on Sunday 13th December.

cheer_cheer;378483 said:
Tigers CC progressed in their game tonight against a very inexperienced Newcomb side at Grinter Reserve in perfect conditions for a T20. Big Crickets own "a for effort" got back into the runs (55) again sharing a 116 run opening stand with another Big Cricket contributor "AB1" smacking 80 in that partnership !! I assume he faced heaps more balls ?? The Tigers ended up making 183 from their twenty overs. For the Dino's young leg-spinner Josh Thorpe picked up 3 wickets from his 4 overs but took a bit of stick in between, not bad for a 15 year old.

In reply the Dino's after loosing "Hard Hitter" for a first baller got a bit of momentum with Mills and Whitworth hitting the ball well to see them sitting at 1/55 from 7 overs. It was from here that things went pair shape as the Tigers got on top and the in-experienced Dino's crumbled to be all out for 74. Gave the Dino's youth some experience but the Tiger's controlled the game from the start to see them line up against the South Barwon Swans in the first semi final at South Barwon # 2 on Sunday 13th December.

pretty spot on, couple of 2nds & 3rds got punished. Josh Janssen bowled alright in slog time got 2 fa not many. Adam Lucas bowled relatively tight.
but it was all Thomson/Torquay in this game.

i just wonder weather outscoring thommy rissole earns me at least one beer ??

daniel_son_91;378525 said:
pretty spot on, couple of 2nds & 3rds got punished. Josh Janssen bowled alright in slog time got 2 fa not many. Adam Lucas bowled relatively tight.

I have one warm Melbourne Bitter available.

I may have pinched the strike a few times, Dazzler, but the crowd was leaving in droves while ever A4E was on strike. I had to do it for the good of the game.

daniel_son_91;378525 said:

i thought sean done enough with the ball, got the important wicket!!

so final Quarter-Final on Wednesday night 5pm at St Albans/Breakwater, between the Supersaints XI and Manifold. Interesting to see how many VCA players turn out for the Supersaints XI with them playing in this Sunday's T20 semi final ? Maybe ShaneBorne can fill us in on that one.

The semi-finals are locked in for this Sunday starting at 11am at South Barwon #1 where Marshall take on the winner of the game on Wednesday night, and South Barwon #2 where the home side take on the Tigers XI. Should be two pretty interesting games, with the 2 winners playing the final at 2pm on South Barwon #2 to see which Geelong team makes it through to the $20K Round of 16 JATA Competition in Melbourne in the New Year.

cheer_cheer;379269 said:
so final Quarter-Final on Wednesday night 5pm at St Albans/Breakwater, between the Supersaints XI and Manifold. Interesting to see how many VCA players turn out for the Supersaints XI with them playing in this Sunday's T20 semi final ? Maybe ShaneBorne can fill us in on that one.

The semi-finals are locked in for this Sunday starting at 11am at South Barwon #1 where Marshall take on the winner of the game on Wednesday night, and South Barwon #2 where the home side take on the Tigers XI. Should be two pretty interesting games, with the 2 winners playing the final at 2pm on South Barwon #2 to see which Geelong team makes it through to the $20K Round of 16 JATA Competition in Melbourne in the New Year.

Tommy Elliot and Liam Buchanan will be opening the batting tonight so get down early for some fireworks(hopefully:eek:) Game kicks off at 5pm at St Albans.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;379612 said:
Tommy Elliot and Liam Buchanan will be opening the batting tonight so get down early for some fireworks(hopefully:eek:) Game kicks off at 5pm at St Albans.
is the freak fergusson playing or has he pulled out due to having girl hands

The Supersaints XI won their game tonight against Manifold by 14 runs. Supersaints got off to a great start thanks to Laim Buchannan with a quick fire 53 that included 10 boundaries (3 sixes) to see them race to 3/90 from 9 overs. The Sharks then pulled them back in to make 136 for 9 from their 20 overs. Manifold started steadily in the run chase and with 9 wickets in hand needed 68 off 42 balls which just proved too much as they fell by 14 runs. Rob Condy top scored with 55. Good win by the Supersaints XI who now play Marshall in their game on Sunday 11am at Marshall, and South Barwon taken on the Tiger XI (maybe Woods ??) at the same time at South Barwon. Final will start around 2pm following the two matches. BBQ and beers available all day from both grounds. Should be a good spectacle for all to come and see on a lazy Sunday afternoon !!

Back