MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

givemeago;367082 said:
I think its a kick in the face to MMVCA, since they give them the chance to play cricket in the first place, now there goin to play turf in another competition, unless they have a good reason. Personally i was hoping to see how they go coming from the matting comopetition.

hey givemeago ! how you looking for this year?

pelican player;367085 said:
hey givemeago ! how you looking for this year?

2 weeks ago we were goin to finish on the bottom again, But now looking 2nd or 3rd bottom i think, we have found some handy ones this year or i hope so. Pete O'neill is coaching so his been doing alot of work to get good players into the club again. Last time he done this he bring Dennis over and he wasnt too bad

givemeago;367090 said:
2 weeks ago we were goin to finish on the bottom again, But now looking 2nd or 3rd bottom i think, we have found some handy ones this year or i hope so. Pete O'neill is coaching so his been doing alot of work to get good players into the club again. Last time he done this he bring Dennis over and he wasnt too bad

oh yes ! old mr.milhailovich, did we have some great battles (and words) during our premiership year. yes i loved playing against him cause apart from being a top quick bowler, he used to give a bit of lip on the field and could take a bit back aswell , and as it should be ! always lefted it on the field. all the boys at pacco respected him for that. wonder where he is these days?

Not really loving our draw for this year. I think we are the only side to play away to both Sunny YCW and Sunny Heights.

And hopefully bomber our wicket will be ready by round 5. Hopefully............

eureka;365334 said:
Yep I concur; and I hear St Andy's have raped and pillaged pascos jnrs

Ha Ha K.S who was sacked has two young sons and a young guy from overseas to whom he keeps watch over, as his father works overseas the rest would be their mates not unusaly to happen as they are all under his influence

The Black Panther;367175 said:
Ha Ha K.S who was sacked has two young sons and a young guy from overseas to whom he keeps watch over, as his father works overseas the rest would be their mates not unusaly to happen as they are all under his influence

Geee this KS guy sounds like some guru or God......all this influence over young kids??!! I assume he is a gun cricketer and has plenty to offer the kids in their cricket development.

RooBoy;367213 said:
Geee this KS guy sounds like some guru or God......all this influence over young kids??!! I assume he is a gun cricketer and has plenty to offer the kids in their cricket development.

Im sure glad KS has gone to st andrews watch all the trouble that club will now have...

Butterfingers;366775 said:
My prediction for top 5
St andrews
Glenroy
Merlo
West Coburg
St Francis

Wooden Spoon

St Marys

My prediction for top 5
west coburg
St francis
Pacoe
St andrews
Merlo..

3D-503;367290 said:
My prediction for top 5
west coburg
St francis
Pacoe
St andrews
Merlo..

3D how is that 37yr old timer d.s going over pre season?, lets hope after having a great 1st year at pacco with the ball ,he doesn't get the 2nd year blues. probabley should get a promotion up the batting order aswell to number 8.

pelican player;367302 said:
3D how is that 37yr old timer d.s going over pre season?, lets hope after having a great 1st year at pacco with the ball ,he doesn't get the 2nd year blues. probabley should get a promotion up the batting order aswell to number 8.

Hes going ok, needs to learn to say more on the field does the statue..

3D-503;367290 said:
My prediction for top 5
west coburg
St francis
Pacoe
St andrews
Merlo..

Interesting NO Glenroy or St Mary's.... Any reasoning behind these 2 teams not making your top 5?

Hit 4 6;367408 said:
Interesting NO Glenroy or St Mary's.... Any reasoning behind these 2 teams not making your top 5?
ill have to have another think about my top five, hird at training last night that west coburg have lost 5 or 6 a graders from there team of last year

Hit 4 6;367408 said:

We must not be good enough:eek:. Interestingly Paco and Merlo are ahead of us.
3D, have you guys picked up any new players this season?

GeeCeeCee;367429 said:
We must not be good enough:eek:. Interestingly Paco and Merlo are ahead of us.
3D, have you guys picked up any new players this season?

Well i put us in cause if u dont believe in yourself be able to make finals at the start of year why play, merlo as they had a few young blokes towards the end of last year who look like they can bat and will be better this year, st mary miss as i dont rate them as abowling side and dont think they will do much with the bat and only put glenroy out as rumour is their two guns aint playing, not sure how true that is just going on rumour.but ive been known to be wrong in the past and may be wrong now aat least we all start from scratch, good luck all.. hope we smash you all.

3D-503;367444 said:
Well i put us in cause if u dont believe in yourself be able to make finals at the start of year why play, merlo as they had a few young blokes towards the end of last year who look like they can bat and will be better this year, st mary miss as i dont rate them as abowling side and dont think they will do much with the bat and only put glenroy out as rumour is their two guns aint playing, not sure how true that is just going on rumour.but ive been known to be wrong in the past and may be wrong now aat least we all start from scratch, good luck all.. hope we smash you all.

Fair enough, but don't listen to everything you hear. Who are the 2 guns that aren't playing? I will confirm them with you. 3D, big call re St Mary's, unlucky in Semi Last year, and probably even unluckier the year before. I would think their bowling has been their back bone (they nearly pinched the semi from us last year due to a disciplined bowling performance). But as you say, everyone has their opinions.

Good luck all.

What are the chances of us playing this week guys?

Not looking good for Turf. Council has already ruled out Hallam reserve being ready for this week. Not sure about other grounds, but it looks like the council has already made up their mind.

3D-503;367418 said:
ill have to have another think about my top five, hird at training last night that west coburg have lost 5 or 6 a graders from there team of last year

I've heard no Adams, Barker, Portelli, Triculo (young guy). Any others?

Better spill the beans on who Glenroy have lost (if they actually have). There still the team to beat in my opinion.

bomber27;367453 said:
Not looking good for Turf. Council has already ruled out Hallam reserve being ready for this week. Not sure about other grounds, but it looks like the council has already made up their mind.

Well if thats the case when will we know if there is cricket this sat or not?
I assume Round 1 would be played at a later stage?

bomber27;367453 said:

I think the Council would like to abolish Turf cricket altogether...There are some Poeple on the Councils with "other agendas" i reckon.

bomber27;367455 said:
I've heard no Adams, Barker, Portelli, Triculo (young guy). Any others?

Better spill the beans on who Glenroy have lost (if they actually have). There still the team to beat in my opinion.

Not real sure who but a few of the lads were saying they have hird 2 good players have left one overseas. Who knows its all speculation at this time of year we all will know soon enough once sat gets here. Raeburn looks good to go 2 of the 3 pitches are ready to be played on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back