MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

MMVCA, how's the wicket looking down at St Mary's? Will it be ready by round 1?

bomber27;364303 said:
MMVCA, how's the wicket looking down at St Mary's? Will it be ready by round 1?

Its starting to come along nicely, but not sure if it will be ready by round 1 mate.

My guess would be middle to late Oct.

Reggie Jackson;364566 said:
Any news on the draw?

Good point Reggie...

When is the draw out? Surely it will be in the next week or so considering it's only 3 weeks till the 1st ball is bowled and hit to the fence for 4....:D

Hit 4 6;364799 said:
Good point Reggie...

When is the draw out? Surely it will be in the next week or so considering it's only 3 weeks till the 1st ball is bowled and hit to the fence for 4....:D

I AGREE, every other comp seems to have there draw out already! don't know why mmvca is lagging behind with theres.
whats everyones predication for the coming year.
heres mine.
a turf. st.francis
b.turf. merlo . wooden spoon haig(will be very uncompetitive i feel)
c.turf. st.andrews.
a mats. pascoe vale united(stiff competition coming from abers,rmit and marby park)

pelican player;364820 said:
I AGREE, every other comp seems to have there draw out already! don't know why mmvca is lagging behind with theres.
heres mine.
a turf. st.francis
b.turf. merlo . wooden spoon haig(will be very uncompetitive i feel)
c.turf. st.andrews.
a mats. pascoe vale united(stiff competition coming from abers,rmit and marby park)

Your obviously from St Fanny's?

Mate time to wake up out of your dream i think... Unless you have gone a recruiting spree lucky to make top 4 :)

Hit 4 6;364826 said:
Your obviously from St Fanny's?

Mate time to wake up out of your dream i think... Unless you have gone a recruiting spree lucky to make top 4 :)

nah mate, sorry i am not from st.francis. just an opinion thats all.

pelican player;364820 said:
heres mine.
a turf. st.francis
b.turf. merlo . wooden spoon haig(will be very uncompetitive i feel)c.turf. st.andrews.

what makes you think that we will be uncompetive in B-Turf? How come you haven't predicted any wooden spooners on the rest of the grades?

Fresh_Prince;364828 said:
what makes you think that we will be uncompetive in B-Turf? How come you haven't predicted any wooden spooners on the rest of the grades?

cos you reckon you have lost all these players. not quite sure who would get the wooden spoons in the other grades.

Hit 4 6;364799 said:
Good point Reggie...

any truth in the rumor that the first 7 rounds are all one day games?

Would like to hear everyone final four predictions for A turf and if any teams have picked up players.
West Coburg will be turning to youth. Cooky has gone to district, Barker is travelling, so it will be interesting to see if the young players we have in mind can step up to A turf this year.
Cant see how anyone could pick St Francis for the flag?!
i would imagine the top 4 would be
St Andrews
St Marys
West Coburg
Merlo

Main dangers being Pacco, St Francis and Glenroy

pelican player;364831 said:
any truth in the rumor that the first 7 rounds are all one day games?

This ain't a bad thing cause with the spring carnival on there are alot of people unavailable.

jontyfromsa;364853 said:
Would like to hear everyone final four predictions for A turf and if any teams have picked up players.
West Coburg will be turning to youth. Cooky has gone to district, Barker is travelling, so it will be interesting to see if the young players we have in mind can step up to A turf this year.
St Andrews
St Marys
West Coburg
Merlo

Totally Agreed with Jonty about time someone made sense on this site.
My opinion is top 4 i agree not in that order though but only danger would be Glenroy.

Pacco are just same old Pacco once they start showing something on the field i'll start taking notice of them and St Fanny's well need i say anything :D

Hit 4 6;364855 said:
Totally Agreed with Jonty about time someone made sense on this site.
My opinion is top 4 i agree not in that order though but only danger would be Glenroy.

Pacco are just same old Pacco once they start showing something on the field i'll start taking notice of them and St Fanny's well need i say anything :D

i will go.
st.francis
st andrews
glenroy
pascoe vale

jontyfromsa;364853 said:
St Andrews
St Marys
West Coburg
Merlo

anyone else would like too mention jonty???

my top 4 been..
west coburg as they were very strong last year
st andrews as you have to respect their quality
st marys for their discipline
glenroy going on their end of year results

bomber27;364896 said:
Pelican, who have you been talking too? lol

Bigga rumour is, Melbourne water will go to stage 4 in november if we don't get good rain soon. then no cricket as no water for grounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back