MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

eureka;364955 said:
Bigga rumour is, Melbourne water will go to stage 4 in november if we don't get good rain soon. then no cricket as no water for grounds

not sure on that! reckon it was a few times worse 3 years ago and we got thru the season ! just i might add

pelican player;365009 said:
sorry can't say! thats classified.

is it true though? i guess we will find out when the draw eventually comes out

Pelican, its not true

jontyfromsa;364853 said:
Would like to hear everyone final four predictions for A turf and if any teams have picked up players.
West Coburg will be turning to youth. Cooky has gone to district, Barker is travelling, so it will be interesting to see if the young players we have in mind can step up to A turf this year.
Cant see how anyone could pick St Francis for the flag?!
i would imagine the top 4 would be
St Andrews
St Marys
West Coburg
Merlo

Main dangers being Pacco, St Francis and Glenroy

Not sure how you cannot have Glenroy in your top 4??? Reigning Premiers, and they have a good spread of young guys in their group. They would have 2 or 3 guys over 30 i would imagine. I would expect them to be up there again.

Just an opinion.
glenroy could easily finish top 4 again.
Just not convinced about the depth of their batting, other than the two openers
Youre right though MMVCA, they'll probably slip into St Marys spot hahaha

mmvca;365024 said:
Not sure how you cannot have Glenroy in your top 4??? Reigning Premiers, and they have a good spread of young guys in their group. They would have 2 or 3 guys over 30 i would imagine. I would expect them to be up there again.

Glenroy definate flag favourites for the start of the season!!!! have lost nobody and have gained 2 gun bats one which will keep. there bowling is the weak point but if the young fella can step up and spin a web then they become unstoppable. Glenroy will make 300+ every week and i can assure there aint too many sides who can chase 300 in our comp.

Round 1 should always have a replay of the grand final bring it on ST Andrews V Glenroy we will smash them in one dayer!!!:)

Sainters_3_Peat;365080 said:
Glenroy definate flag favourites for the start of the season!!!! have lost nobody and have gained 2 gun bats one which will keep. there bowling is the weak point but if the young fella can step up and spin a web then they become unstoppable. Glenroy will make 300+ every week and i can assure there aint too many sides who can chase 300 in our comp.

Mate what are you on and have you got any spare cause i want some? You have got to be dreaming 300+ every week...

Sainters_3_Peat;365082 said:
Round 1 should always have a replay of the grand final bring it on ST Andrews V Glenroy we will smash them in one dayer!!!:)

st.andrews have picked up a couple of young fellas that will go well for them this year

pelican player;365099 said:
st.andrews have picked up a couple of young fellas that will go well for them this year
Pelican player didnt you quote a few pages back that your a matting player if thats correct how do you know so much about most turf teams your name is not hutchy is it..

good to see guys back on here chatting about cricket and getting fired up for the start of the season!!

My top Four predictions (no particular order) and comments on the rest.

Glenroy -if we play a few extra one day matches, they;ll be unstoppable. Bolwing is the worry

St Marys - consistent across the lines

West Coburg - should be strong again, but will they choke!

St Andrews - cant leave them out of the four, but they'll miss Jolley

St Francis - could give it a shake, but reliant on one batsmen - Babo, he needs help from his mates

Merlo - over achieved last season and will finish bottom 4. The young blood need a few more years yet.

Pacco - where do you start!? middle of the road again, too many of the same old faces.

Sunshine Hghts - always inconsistent and unpredictable, could finish in the 4 but also could bottom out. Bowling is quite strong on the greener wickets b4 Xmas.

East Coburg - poor showing last year for my guys, but they are hard at work and hoping for better results. need some more youth in the mix.

Barkly Street - unsure about them, probably win 3-4 games and finish bottom four.

Socials - not a great 2008/09 season by their standards, need injection of players, but on their day are dangerous

Sunshine YCW - Who knows??

Haig - all accounts they are being relegated! I wish them well for success.

bomber27;365013 said:
Pelican, its not true

Any idea when the fixture will be released Bomber.....only 2 and half weeks away..........seem to be dragging our feet a bit!

Any goss on the new Administrator i see has been announced??

Early GF predictions

West Coburg to beat Glenroy

Appleyard for Comp B&F
Appleyard Comp bowling
Parker to win the batting

welcomes others views :D

RooBoy;365138 said:
good to see guys back on here chatting about cricket and getting fired up for the start of the season!!

My top Four predictions (no particular order) and comments on the rest.

Glenroy -if we play a few extra one day matches, they;ll be unstoppable. Bolwing is the worry

St Marys - consistent across the lines

West Coburg - should be strong again, but will they choke!

St Andrews - cant leave them out of the four, but they'll miss Jolley

St Francis - could give it a shake, but reliant on one batsmen - Babo, he needs help from his mates

Merlo - over achieved last season and will finish bottom 4. The young blood need a few more years yet.

Pacco - where do you start!? middle of the road again, too many of the same old faces.

Sunshine Hghts - always inconsistent and unpredictable, could finish in the 4 but also could bottom out. Bowling is quite strong on the greener wickets b4 Xmas.

East Coburg - poor showing last year for my guys, but they are hard at work and hoping for better results. need some more youth in the mix.

Barkly Street - unsure about them, probably win 3-4 games and finish bottom four.

Socials - not a great 2008/09 season by their standards, need injection of players, but on their day are dangerous

Sunshine YCW - Who knows??

Haig - all accounts they are being relegated! I wish them well for success.

seems like you know more about st andrews than the guys playing there.:rolleyes: Jolley will play and have definately picked up 3-7 gun young blokes like i said post 08/09 season St Andrews to win A,B & C-Turf grades this season!!!

Sainters_3_Peat;365175 said:
seems like you know more about st andrews than the guys playing there.:rolleyes: Jolley will play and have definately picked up 3-7 gun young blokes like i said post 08/09 season St Andrews to win A,B & C-Turf grades this season!!!

I love spring...........

Sainters_3_Peat;365175 said:

Might wanna change your nic there mate.
So is it 3 or 7 gun players?
Ive had a gutful of St Andrews players on this site talking themselves up like they always do.
The more I think about it they wont make the top 4 this year. Their best players are old, apart from Newton and you wouldnt have even made the granny last year if the umpires payed LBW in this comp.
Neville Taylor was out 3 times plumb LBW, by his own admission might I add, before he was even 20 in last years semi, but, will they give one of the elder statesman out LBW in a big game? NO!!

jontyfromsa;365194 said:
Might wanna change your nic there mate.
So is it 3 or 7 gun players?
Ive had a gutful of St Andrews players on this site talking themselves up like they always do.
The more I think about it they wont make the top 4 this year. Their best players are old, apart from Newton and you wouldnt have even made the granny last year if the umpires payed LBW in this comp.
Neville Taylor was out 3 times plumb LBW, by his own admission might I add, before he was even 20 in last years semi, but, will they give one of the elder statesman out LBW in a big game? NO!!

I have a gutful of your mob whinging and maybe if you had top order bats that could hit the ball off the square and have a go you may have made some more runs. Enough to win the game Perhaps. Only mistake we might have mad is getting them out. We may have chased 150 for the whole day!!! 21 maidens you played back (have a go your in a SEMI) and a tiring Scotty did get hit at the end to finish with almost 2 an over. Then the so called older guns come in and went out. Then big mouth barker had a go at Paulie, our young fast bowler who made him look stupid with the bat. We could tell half the team wanted him to shut up. This was only making him more determined. Don't make a good player care even more. Sledges are normally dumb people. Individuals wanting to make hero's of themselves. mmmmm egg on face!!! We love it when guys get into Paulie. He will always come through.

Old man Neville made more runs in the first 10 overs than your guys made for 40 overs. Have a look at that!! Are you that scared of Paulie and Scotty??

Nev would always agree with people saying he was out LBW, keeps you thinking about it over winter. Older heads that play as a team win semi's. The old guys taht are no good have been there and done that and are still doing it, GO NEV and GO GAV. Oldies but goodies. We have some classes on winning as a team if your interested. Helps with Semi's -LOL

Maybe you might have a look in the mirror instead of whinging.

I feel sorry for Callum who is a great bloke and great player, good luck Callum this year.

And just for the record what was the reason you lost the other semi's in previous years, I bet it wasn't your teams fault. Semi's are hard to win for you guys aren't they!

You also may understand Sainters_3_Peat might be joking around.

Sainters_3_Peat has a great cover drive beware!!!!!!!

Go get'em Sainter_3_Peat in 09/10. 400+ runs this year. About time you stepped up.

3D-503;365137 said:
Pelican player didnt you quote a few pages back that your a matting player if thats correct how do you know so much about most turf teams your name is not hutchy is it..

never said that i knew much about the turf teams, but am fairly sure i can give a predication on who will win the turf comps.
would love to see haig fail big time.
and as for the st.andrews comment about their new young fellas well i do know about them as i play with them at there former club last year(and was their captain as well) and no i am not hutchy! would rather be caro!!! lol

old hack;365221 said:
I have a gutful of your mob whinging and maybe if you had top order bats that could hit the ball off the square and have a go you may have made some more runs. Enough to win the game Perhaps. Only mistake we might have mad is getting them out. We may have chased 150 for the whole day!!! 21 maidens you played back (have a go your in a SEMI) and a tiring Scotty did get hit at the end to finish with almost 2 an over. Then the so called older guns come in and went out. Then big mouth barker had a go at Paulie, our young fast bowler who made him look stupid with the bat. We could tell half the team wanted him to shut up. This was only making him more determined. Don't make a good player care even more. Sledges are normally dumb people. Individuals wanting to make hero's of themselves. mmmmm egg on face!!! We love it when guys get into Paulie. He will always come through.

Old man Neville made more runs in the first 10 overs than your guys made for 40 overs. Have a look at that!! Are you that scared of Paulie and Scotty??

Nev would always agree with people saying he was out LBW, keeps you thinking about it over winter. Older heads that play as a team win semi's. The old guys taht are no good have been there and done that and are still doing it, GO NEV and GO GAV. Oldies but goodies. We have some classes on winning as a team if your interested. Helps with Semi's -LOL

Maybe you might have a look in the mirror instead of whinging.

I feel sorry for Callum who is a great bloke and great player, good luck Callum this year.

And just for the record what was the reason you lost the other semi's in previous years, I bet it wasn't your teams fault. Semi's are hard to win for you guys aren't they!

You also may understand Sainters_3_Peat might be joking around.

Sainters_3_Peat has a great cover drive beware!!!!!!!

Go get'em Sainter_3_Peat in 09/10. 400+ runs this year. About time you stepped up.

Old hack

have you heard of a team called AUSTRALIA? Not a bad team in the 90's and early to late 2000's. A bloke named S.Waugh he was the best sledger in world cricket, how do you rate him?

After reading your dribble it sounds like they have reversed the GF result.

You do no you did not win the GF don't you? and finished outside the top 2 after the H&A games last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back