Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

FoPud11;364919 said:
my top 4 been..
west coburg as they were very strong last year
st andrews as you have to respect their quality
st marys for their discipline
glenroy going on their end of year results

I would have to agree with you FoPud11 with your Top 4 ;)

Pacco, always threaten
Merlo, very young and possibly need a few more years to mature. Roger is doing a fantastic job
Sunshine YCW, who knows, but from the feedback i have rec'd in the past they will struggle in A Turf. Have they picked up any new players this season?
St Francis, always competitive and have some guns, so will be dangerous
Haig, B Turf
Socials, have struggled the last couple of years but can be very good on their day
Sunshine, Hit & Miss
Barkly Street, rely to heavily of Crusty with the Ball and Nguyen with the Bat
East Coburg, Rebuilding

Big Improvers: ???
Wooden Spooners: ???

Cheers guys, bring on Round 1, let the games begin.

My Tips for comp:
MVP - Matty Costello
Batting - Babo
Bowling - Chisholm

Would like to hear everyone else's thoughts?

Obviously the Semi final loss still hurts for some players.
Maybe you should build a bridge and get over it.
Hey at least you know when to plan Mad monday every year (after the semi's)
Good sides bounce back.

RooBoy;365141 said:
Early GF predictions

West Coburg to beat Glenroy

Appleyard for Comp B&F
Appleyard Comp bowling
Parker to win the batting

welcomes others views :D
B&F Gavin Tapner
Bowling Paul Newton
Batting David Jolley

Anybody can predict from their own club

FoPud11;364919 said:
my top 4 been..
west coburg as they were very strong last year
st andrews as you have to respect their quality
st marys for their discipline
glenroy going on their end of year results
My Top Four Will Be
Glenroy
St Andrews
St Marys
West Coburg

old hack;365221 said:
I have a gutful of your mob whinging and maybe if you had top order bats that could hit the ball off the square and have a go you may have made some more runs. Enough to win the game Perhaps. Only mistake we might have mad is getting them out. We may have chased 150 for the whole day!!! 21 maidens you played back (have a go your in a SEMI) and a tiring Scotty did get hit at the end to finish with almost 2 an over. Then the so called older guns come in and went out. Then big mouth barker had a go at Paulie, our young fast bowler who made him look stupid with the bat. We could tell half the team wanted him to shut up. This was only making him more determined. Don't make a good player care even more. Sledges are normally dumb people. Individuals wanting to make hero's of themselves. mmmmm egg on face!!! We love it when guys get into Paulie. He will always come through.

Old man Neville made more runs in the first 10 overs than your guys made for 40 overs. Have a look at that!! Are you that scared of Paulie and Scotty??

Nev would always agree with people saying he was out LBW, keeps you thinking about it over winter. Older heads that play as a team win semi's. The old guys taht are no good have been there and done that and are still doing it, GO NEV and GO GAV. Oldies but goodies. We have some classes on winning as a team if your interested. Helps with Semi's -LOL

Maybe you might have a look in the mirror instead of whinging.

I feel sorry for Callum who is a great bloke and great player, good luck Callum this year.

And just for the record what was the reason you lost the other semi's in previous years, I bet it wasn't your teams fault. Semi's are hard to win for you guys aren't they!

You also may understand Sainters_3_Peat might be joking around.

Sainters_3_Peat has a great cover drive beware!!!!!!!

Go get'em Sainter_3_Peat in 09/10. 400+ runs this year. About time you stepped up.
Love your work Old Hack
If anybody wants to look back through the old posts you will see it is not just our club that talk up themselves on here. I would of thought it is better talking up ourselves than talking down another club or person, so we will still keep talking up ourselves if it is due?

My Captain said:
B&F Gavin Tapner
Bowling Paul Newton
Batting David Jolley

Anybody can predict from their own club

i am from East Coburg and have made that clear.

if you read properly i picked Parker from Gelnroy to win batting!

My Captain said:
Love your work Old Hack
If anybody wants to look back through the old posts you will see it is not just our club that talk up themselves on here. I would of thought it is better talking up ourselves than talking down another club or person, so we will still keep talking up ourselves if it is due?

you shouldnt talk up YOUR club, when obviously the word around the place is that you have an alligence to both St Andrews at cricket and then Pascoe Vale during footy season..........come on show your true colours and pick a team!

RooBoy;365329 said:
you shouldnt talk up YOUR club, when obviously the word around the place is that you have an alligence to both St Andrews at cricket and then Pascoe Vale during footy season..........come on show your true colours and pick a team!

Yep I concur; and I hear St Andy's have raped and pillaged pascos jnrs

10notout;365271 said:
Old hack

have you heard of a team called AUSTRALIA? Not a bad team in the 90's and early to late 2000's. A bloke named S.Waugh he was the best sledger in world cricket, how do you rate him?

After reading your dribble it sounds like they have reversed the GF result.

You do no you did not win the GF don't you? and finished outside the top 2 after the H&A games last year.

I didn't have the pleasure of being on the same field as him, can you please let me know how it was when you played with him or have you read a few cricket biographies? Is that were you get you most insightful knowledge?

Perfectly aware of the result mate and the result of the previous 2 years and the result a few years earlier.

That makes it 3 A-Grade flags and a second.

And I said most sledges are dumb, not all. Referring to our level of cricket.

Remind me where i mentioned the Grand Final, Glenroy too good well done to Head and the boys!! St Andrews are good winners and good losers.

I am just dirty on the rematch. Head VS Paulie, not sure if cricket was the winner or the table tennis championships.

My Captain said:
Love your work Old Hack

At least some of our talk is backed upon the field. More than others.

eureka;365334 said:

Yep I concur; and I hear St Andy's have raped and pillaged pascos jnrs

Bit early starting the Pascoe Vale excuses isn't!

old hack;365369 said:
I didn't have the pleasure of being on the same field as him, can you please let me know how it was when you played with him or have you read a few cricket biographies? Is that were you get you most insightful knowledge?

Perfectly aware of the result mate and the result of the previous 2 years and the result a few years earlier.

That makes it 3 A-Grade flags and a second.

And I said most sledges are dumb, not all. Referring to our level of cricket.

Remind me where i mentioned the Grand Final, Glenroy too good well done to Head and the boys!! St Andrews are good winners and good losers.

I am just dirty on the rematch. Head VS Paulie, not sure if cricket was the winner or the table tennis championships.

oldhack

Reading your previous post it just sounded like you had the greatest team in Cricket history (it may be in the MMVCA) but please!!!

Most of your blokes are good Cricketers but thats about it, there would only be 1 or 2 that would play District 2nds at best imo so please take it ezy on how good all ur stars are.

Its good to hear you say you are good winners and losers as most of the St Andrews blokes seem like good guys.

And I have never read a book by Waugh, so you can work it out how I have encounted his verbal barrage.

Lets hope you guys run a nice race this year and finish in the placings (2nd or 3rd).

10notout;365376 said:
oldhack

Reading your previous post it just sounded like you had the greatest team in Cricket history (it may be in the MMVCA) but please!!!

Most of your blokes are good Cricketers but thats about it, there would only be 1 or 2 that would play District 2nds at best imo so please take it ezy on how good all ur stars are.

Its good to hear you say you are good winners and losers as most of the St Andrews blokes seem like good guys.

And I have never read a book by Waugh, so you can work it out how I have encounted his verbal barrage.

Lets hope you guys run a nice race this year and finish in the placings (2nd or 3rd).

None of us much good mate just some old guys having fun playing with each other playing in a very average comp. We have had some success sure but we have no allusions on our limited cricket ability. Hacks is where we are at.

I think a few guys in our comp could play district cricket, our comp was competitive in the comp game against Coburg (subbies with Mick Lewis playing).

But our team is limited we just achieve things because we are good mates and play as a team. No stars!

old hack;365373 said:
Bit early starting the Pascoe Vale excuses isn't!

As i have said a few weeks ago, you will not get any excuses from us at pacoe this year. We will do our best and if its not good enough so be it, for years we have been making excuses and honestly we have been poorer for it, so this year you will see a differant attatude both on and off the field and hopefully we can earn some respect weather we win and do well or weather we dont...

RooBoy;365327 said:
i am from East Coburg and have made that clear.

if you read properly i picked Parker from Gelnroy to win batting!
I know you are from East Coburg,I did not mean you picked just from your club I just used your post to put mine on. I am just saying it is easy to pick your own club as we do not know all about other clubs that is all?

3D-503;365408 said:
As i have said a few weeks ago, you will not get any excuses from us at pacoe this year. We will do our best and if its not good enough so be it, for years we have been making excuses and honestly we have been poorer for it, so this year you will see a differant attatude both on and off the field and hopefully we can earn some respect weather we win and do well or weather we dont...
Good to hear 3D (M.P) just remember this site should be taken in jest. Ps do you want to take back Kenny" PLEASE PLEASE "

old hack;365378 said:
None of us much good mate just some old guys having fun playing with each other playing in a very average comp. We have had some success sure but we have no allusions on our limited cricket ability. Hacks is where we are at.

I think a few guys in our comp could play district cricket, our comp was competitive in the comp game against Coburg (subbies with Mick Lewis playing).

But our team is limited we just achieve things because we are good mates and play as a team. No stars!
That is right no stars just 11 players on the day working for the one cause. I do not think any other club anywhere is as close as ours "but I could be wrong as I have not been to every club "

i love this site. get into them dave! one of the best things i took out of my time in melbourne was playing for saint andrews. i think people kid themselves about the standard of cricket in the mmvca and many batsmen especially get found out very quickly when a good bowler does come along. I believe that newts is a good bowler and will continue to develop over the next couple of years, but i am always amazed by how scotty is under rated. i loved taking on scotty in the nets and we had some great battles. his competivie nature and ability to consistently land the ball in dangerous areas means he almost always got his man. the reason st andrews is always successfull and other clubs fall at the last hurdle is because of their team spirit. people believe that st andrews player blow smoke up each other back sides but they truely believe in each other and can look into each other eyes and no that their mates will be doing their best to achieve victory. good luck for the season and look forward to everyones posts.
ps i dont believe st dont have any stars. the name jimmy marinos comes to mind

My Captain said:
Good to hear 3D (M.P) just remember this site should be taken in jest. Ps do you want to take back Kenny" PLEASE PLEASE "

hes all yours watch your backs with him..

A.Hussey;365429 said:
i love this site. get into them dave! one of the best things i took out of my time in melbourne was playing for saint andrews. i think people kid themselves about the standard of cricket in the mmvca and many batsmen especially get found out very quickly when a good bowler does come along. I believe that newts is a good bowler and will continue to develop over the next couple of years, but i am always amazed by how scotty is under rated. i loved taking on scotty in the nets and we had some great battles. his competivie nature and ability to consistently land the ball in dangerous areas means he almost always got his man. the reason st andrews is always successfull and other clubs fall at the last hurdle is because of their team spirit. people believe that st andrews player blow smoke up each other back sides but they truely believe in each other and can look into each other eyes and no that their mates will be doing their best to achieve victory. good luck for the season and look forward to everyones posts.
ps i dont believe st dont have any stars. the name jimmy marinos comes to mind

Hahaha
You blokes are clowns
even contributers?!?!
You have 2-3 really outstanding performers at this level and the rest are cats
And you think other sides dont have great team spirit, give me a spell.
You like to make out your humble, but, deep down your very arrogant.
Look at how Parker acts if you want to see a humble leader.
Ill really look forward to seeing St Andrews fall off their perch.
And if you dont think Taylor not being given out when he was plumb early in his innings Dave didnt affect the result your only kidding yourself.

That being said even allowing for that weak umpiring in the semi I dont want it to come across as sour grapes.
West Coburg havent won semis and havent won flags and we do need to look at ourselves to remedy that.
Also to chase down 230 odd regardless of poor umpiring decisions is a great effort. I dont remember that ever happening since we came back to A turf 6 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back