MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

RooBoy;408016 said:
whisper the club on the move is West Coburg.

:eek: I don't know where you heard that whisper but IT ISN'T US.... we are working on getting ourselves back into the top 4 this season.... and are not going anywhere... Check your whispers are correct

16cans;407991 said:
Bit of talk around about vtca having talks with a certain club about moving over next season.
Any1 like 2 take a stab @ which club this might be?

Few factors 4 consideration.
Stable club, Competitive higher grades, Numbers, Older heads who have a couple of years left in the tank & most importantly talented youth coming through.

I can think of 3 clubs which I believe one of is very keen on the idea.
No offence 2 any club whom I have forgotten about. OMO

St.Francis - Heights - St.Andrews

Good luck to the teams going to the VTCA.
Just wait until the 2nd day of a game and you are playing over half hour away.
The opposition captain ask you to put your whites on to bowl 1 over at 7pm because of the points system to score 1 run.:eek:
All the sudden you don't get home to after 8pm and that means no chance for a beer after the game with the other team let alone your teammates.

RooBoy;408017 said:
not being nasty, but not many talented players in that list of 5......Dom and Betchy not too bad. Plugger can hold his own too and been around awhile and good bloke!

Brett P and Stingers (???) scraping the barrel.

I wish Pacco all the best
Fair point just tring to give some positive to the year ahead, really only Dom anywhere near good enough the others just need to help out.

Has anyone played or playing practice matches before the season??? we play St Francis this saturday should be good hit out.. Any new recruits performing well pre season??

Sorry if it offended u, but u should care & the mmvca comp & all should be very concerned about it even though u may not be.

One strong club has already left with talks of another strong club maybe heading down the same pathway next season. I think that is a concern 4 the comp.

Talking about mmvca clubs on a mmvca thread. Where else should it be?

there is no point to talking about it on here because if a club is gonig to go thay aint gonna change there minds because of what a few people on big cricket have to say.........

there are much more important things that can be disscussued we are now 3 weeks away from rd 1 and there is no talk of any new players.......

IS THIS BECASE EVERYONE IS WORRIED ABOUT WHY MERLO LEFT OR WANTS TO PLAY SHERLOCK HOMES AND FIND OUT WHO THE CLUB IS THATS GOING NEXT YEAR

COME ON GUYS WERE A BETTER COMP THAN THAT LETS JUST GET TO RD 1

justoutsideoff;408142 said:
there is no point to talking about it on here because if a club is gonig to go thay aint gonna change there minds because of what a few people on big cricket have to say.........

there are much more important things that can be disscussued we are now 3 weeks away from rd 1 and there is no talk of any new players.......

IS THIS BECASE EVERYONE IS WORRIED ABOUT WHY MERLO LEFT OR WANTS TO PLAY SHERLOCK HOMES AND FIND OUT WHO THE CLUB IS THATS GOING NEXT YEAR

COME ON GUYS WERE A BETTER COMP THAN THAT LETS JUST GET TO RD 1

Open forum 4 open conversations & by memory u were the 1st to mention Merlo & vtca.
Ok 3 weeks away from start, will worry about what might be next season, next season.

How'd u guys go recruiting wise & so forth?
Away from Ainsworth permanent or temporary? Big fella would want the deck taken with him.
Got ur neighbours 1st up followed by Paco, should be confident of a good start 2 season?

How'd u guys go recruiting wise & so forth?
Away from Ainsworth permanent or temporary? Big fella would want the deck taken with him.
Got ur neighbours 1st up followed by Paco, should be confident of a good start 2 season?

at ainsworth for 1 season while its getting resurfaced and new changerooms getting built....

very happy with playing ycw first up dont have to travel.

For years on end players use 2 go m.i.a. during spring carnival.
Frantic selectors running amuk making phone calls even 2 players 2 get numbers 2 fill sides. Dont seem 2 c it much these days.
Does this still happen at some clubs?

Smoke My Bat;408024 said:
:eek: I don't know where you heard that whisper but IT ISN'T US.... we are working on getting ourselves back into the top 4 this season.... and are not going anywhere... Check your whispers are correct

ill have to go back to my source and check it again!!

Am i reading the fixture correctly?

Is round 12 a replay of round 1?

If so one might think that a top club drawn to play a lower club (one up from b-grade) would be some advantage!!

Interesting coincidence. Has anyone noticed this?

Now this could be all be nothing if we loose round one but we may have good weather round on who knows.

old hack;408362 said:

If so one might think that a top club drawn to play a lower club (one up from b-grade) would be some advantage!!

Now this could be all be nothing if we loose round one but we may have good weather round on who knows.

looking at some of the wickets this week, chances of polaying round 1 very slim.... Morris Reserve will be out of action for months as a new wicket table is being constructed and looks like it is way behind due to the wet weather

old hack;408362 said:

Only coincedence is you and your conspiracy theories. Move on.

And by the way. Doesn't a St Andrews bloke organise the association fixtures?

Bobby Dazzler;408522 said:
Only coincedence is you and your conspiracy theories. Move on.

And by the way. Doesn't a St Andrews bloke organise the association fixtures?

Who is this St Andrews bloke you refer to?? You may want to check you facts here.

No need to be defensive if there is nothing to defend.

Just an observation, no theories on my behalf.

RooBoy;408017 said:
not being nasty, but not many talented players in that list of 5......Dom and Betchy not too bad. Plugger can hold his own too and been around awhile and good bloke!

Brett P and Stingers (???) scraping the barrel.

I wish Pacco all the best

Exit Pacco Garvos/Preston/Terras/Mpallas/Mathews/Stinger C turf gone will struggle in B Turf as all that team left for saints last year. Did any one see this comming????

old hack;408549 said:
Who is this St Andrews bloke you refer to?? You may want to check you facts here.

No need to be defensive if there is nothing to defend.

Just an observation, no theories on my behalf.

Doesn't lumpy do the fixtures??

The Black Panther;408668 said:
Exit Pacco Garvos/Preston/Terras/Mpallas/Mathews/Stinger C turf gone will struggle in B Turf as all that team left for saints last year. Did any one see this comming????

From what I heard stingel is still playing, and maybe Brett and mark palla??

mmvca;408671 said:
From what I heard stingel is still playing, and maybe Brett and mark palla??

Just as well we wont start until November from the reports of your efforts in the nets pre-season

Heard on the weekend couple more players heading Saints way.
What the #### is going on here?
Who runs the club?
The executive or certain people within the cricket club with hidden agendas pushing people away?

Back