MMVCA General Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat

bomber27;328859 said:
Apparently no play, busted sprinkler. One dayer this week.

WOW this makes it very intersting i think this brings sunshine in with a chance anyone else agree?

Bite me;328865 said:
WOW this makes it very intersting i think this brings sunshine in with a chance anyone else agree?

Bite me, played them early don't know if they have the bowling but have heard they have picked up a new bowler

bomber27;329313 said:
How did the rep game go last night and who actually played?
Babbo
Warren Parker
Robbo from St Mary's
Pipe (Keeper)
Jolley
Athony Greaney
Matty Costello
Brad Hunter
Callum Appleyard
Kyle Adams
Paul Newton

I believe we lost by 13 runs, might be a bit more.

Great attack to play with. Well done to all the guys who played.

old hack;329315 said:
Babbo
Warren Parker
Robbo from St Mary's
Pipe (Keeper)
Jolley
Athony Greaney
Matty Costello
Brad Hunter
Callum Appleyard
Kyle Adams
Paul Newton

I believe we lost by 13 runs, might be a bit more.

Great attack to play with. Well done to all the guys who played.

No room in the line up for the second highest wicket taker in the comp:confused:

Guru14;329333 said:
Driving??????????

Guru, Bite me has herpes and was at the doctors last nite, thats why he couldnt play. I think he caught them off Steve Zimmer.:p

mmvca;329421 said:
Guru, Bite me has herpes and was at the doctors last nite, thats why he couldnt play. I think he caught them off Steve Zimmer.:p

mmvca will you guys get the runs on Saturday mate- could be a big confidence boost leading into the finals. ;)

mmvca;329421 said:

It may be Steve Zimmer who i caught them from but i just passed them onto you Mrs.

It was a good game Tuesday night guys, unfortunately we did finish 13 runs shy, but a bad start for us being 2-1 in the 2nd over. Good innings from Chris Pipe, a cameo from Greaney and a big six off Mick Lewis will be the talking point of GCC tonight, and then a swashbuckling 55* (i think) from Jolley. We took a little bit of stick early, i think they were about 0-60 off 4-5 overs, but we pegged them back nicely. So that's my wrap guys.

Can someone help me with the bowling rules for an U/14 player in senior cricket. What are the restrictions? How many can he bowl in total in A Grade? How many can he bowl in total for the day? How long can each spell be? How long does he have to be rested?

Looking forward to this week's game and hopefully sneaking into the four. Good luck to all concerned parties.

With only one week to go guys, what are your thoughts on the following:
- big improvers, team?, individuals?
- final four?
- who'll win the flag?

P.S. For what it's worth, Guru / Bomber, you guys have done a fantastic job this year with all the young guys and their developement. From my point of view, Guru, you have been worth every penny even if some people believe your performances have been below par. Merlo have been huge improvers this year. Keep up the good work!

GeeCeeCee;329686 said:
It was a good game Tuesday night guys, unfortunately we did finish 13 runs shy, but a bad start for us being 2-1 in the 2nd over. Good innings from Chris Pipe, a cameo from Greaney and a big six off Mick Lewis will be the talking point of GCC tonight, and then a swashbuckling 55* (i think) from Jolley. We took a little bit of stick early, i think they were about 0-60 off 4-5 overs, but we pegged them back nicely. So that's my wrap guys.

Can someone help me with the bowling rules for an U/14 player in senior cricket. What are the restrictions? How many can he bowl in total in A Grade? How many can he bowl in total for the day? How long can each spell be? How long does he have to be rested?

Looking forward to this week's game and hopefully sneaking into the four. Good luck to all concerned parties.

- final four?
- who'll win the flag?

P.S. For what it's worth, Guru / Bomber, you guys have done a fantastic job this year with all the young guys and their developement. From my point of view, Guru, you have been worth every penny even if some people believe your performances have been below par. Merlo have been huge improvers this year. Keep up the good work!

GGC, thanks mate i know why had a chat after our game and it was nice to get your thoughts that day. I think the rule is as follows no more than 16 overs in total for the day, no more than 6 over spells and must not come back for his next spell until 6 overs have expired (12 in total from both ends). You might just have to clarify the 16 overs but i think that's right. good luck saturday, we wish you all the best!;)

Guru14;329698 said:
GGC, thanks mate i know why had a chat after our game and it was nice to get your thoughts that day. I think the rule is as follows no more than 16 overs in total for the day, no more than 6 over spells and must not come back for his next spell until 6 overs have expired (12 in total from both ends). You might just have to clarify the 16 overs but i think that's right. good luck saturday, we wish you all the best!;)

Pretty sure this is right. It is an under 17 rule - i dont think there is a rule for an under 15 / 14 etc..

16 over total in a day and that includes any that the young gun may have bowled in the morning in the juniors.

So if he has already bowled 8 in the morning, you can only bowl him for a total of another 8 in the arvo (still adhearing to the 6 over spell limit).

:O lot to remember for the skippers when handling their bowling changes....

Good to see the youngsters getting a go. From what I have seen this year there are a few guns who will be the talking point of the comp in a few years from now.

GeeCeeCee;329686 said:

- final four?
- who'll win the flag?

Did Bomber tell you how much I had to pay the club to get the gig:D

jontyfromsa;329715 said:
U wish Glenroy all the best?????
Now we know ur lying haha

Jonty, Shhh- I was being sincere. It's the old case of 'If I don't win tattslotto i hope he does because he's a good bloke'. Here's a scenario, and before the guys at St Andrews go off, it's asked in gest. St Andrews lose to St mary's and Glenroy roll Haig comfortably and Merlo (we) wein 3 or 4 down:D, with percentage changes etc is St Andrews a chance to miss the finals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back