MMVCA General Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat

Guru14;326474 said:
This is why it was a pleasure to beat you blokes on Saturday! Hope the comp doesn't bring in a relegation rule this year if Sunshine YCW win the B turf flag as it will be a long season next year- Numb Nuts!:eek:

The statement above comes accross as you "love" beating The Socials yet you have only played against them once....You're talking about them being relagated etc but you know nothing about the club...I think it's a tad harsh seeing as you know nothing about this club or the people who play there. As your a first year player in this Comp I think you should wait awhile before commenting on issues such as relegation. Maybe ask a few of your team mates that have been around awhile see what they have to say about The Socials, there hitory etc...Maybe then you'll understand why I was a bit annoyed at your comment and was curious to your tenure in this comp.

We are a very proud club, and have been extremely Successful over the years, we know we are in the rebuilding stage as some players are getting older so the new ones are just starting to work out this comp and whats needed to be successful. I'm sure that the club will be up there a lot quicker than other clubs that were in the same situation. Actually I think the club you are at now were having trouble at some stage....and merged. But thats not the point in this "essay". Anyway, jsut a sore spot thats all.

Good luck for the finals Guru.

Hirdy05_;326554 said:
The statement above comes accross as you "love" beating The Socials yet you have only played against them once....You're talking about them being relagated etc but you know nothing about the club...I think it's a tad harsh seeing as you know nothing about this club or the people who play there. As your a first year player in this Comp I think you should wait awhile before commenting on issues such as relegation. Maybe ask a few of your team mates that have been around awhile see what they have to say about The Socials, there hitory etc...Maybe then you'll understand why I was a bit annoyed at your comment and was curious to your tenure in this comp.

fair enough to, I think my comment was relating more to the dribble that cd was coming up with. The initial reply was based on a comment i made about St Andrews and the unlikelyhood of them missing the finals. As for history, I was told plenty of that on Saturday and if I had been around longer I doubt my actions would have been the same, you would know what I'm talking about. As to relegation, i'm just following on from a comment that was made about 2 weeks ago- just an observation and obviously maybe a reality given there are already 12 sides in the comp and the side on top of the B turf has no 1st side playing in A grade.

I think my lack of MMVCA and The Socials vs Merlo history saved young Gary from looking like a bit of a goose on saturday. Having said that i believe I made the right decision under the rules of the game and it had nothing to do with sportsmanship. Good luck this week I hope you can notch that elusive win which i thought for a fleeting moment was going to be last saturday.

Does anybody know how the 1 day comp works in regards to finals?
Top 4 - 6?
Play only 1 game, best of 3 etc?

DROPPED HIM;326564 said:
Does anybody know how the 1 day comp works in regards to finals?
Top 4 - 6?
Play only 1 game, best of 3 etc?

Very quite boys, are you all plotting your game plans for saturday:cool:

It would be interesting to see what grounds are used for the finals anyone have any idea's?

Bite me;326952 said:
It would be interesting to see what grounds are used for the finals anyone have any idea's?

Bite me, bombers your man apparently the exec met last night about it!

So boys with some interesting games this week, will the final 4 change or is it pretty much set. If not who do you see getting in and going out? Secondly i know I was rattling the cage when I spoke with hirdy05 but there was talk about maybe a side having to make way for a side ie Sunshine YCW who won the B turf flag and obviously earning promotion. What happens? does a side like The Socials who have had a proud and successful history in the comp face the chop or do the exec make a call out to call clubs asking if any club wants to play b turf for whatever reason- rebuilding etc. It makes for interesting times ahead regardless of whether we are MMVCA or NWCA. What do you think boys

If Sunshine YC do win they have to be promoted, I would of thought it was a no brainer leaving the Socials to be relegated from A&B to B&C. Socials have a great history and it wont take them long to be back up. This is a completely impartial view but I'm not sure how anyone could argue with it.....the boys from Socials will but it might be looking out of one eye.

Can't bowl can't bat;327084 said:
If Sunshine YC do win they have to be promoted, I would of thought it was a no brainer leaving the Socials to be relegated from A&B to B&C. Socials have a great history and it wont take them long to be back up. This is a completely impartial view but I'm not sure how anyone could argue with it.....the boys from Socials will but it might be looking out of one eye.

It could be black arm-bands again for Round 1 next season...

Can't bowl can't bat;327084 said:

You boys really do have your head in the sand regarding the impending merger!

Gladyboy;327814 said:

Buddy, you have no idea just how far away the merger is.

Now go back to your own crappy forum and stop trolling ours.

Gladyboy;327814 said:

Even the merger what impact will it have on the turf grades, just worry about the hard wicket crap you lads play on and leave the turf talk to us.

Guru14;327838 said:
Even the merger what impact will it have on the turf grades, just worry about the hard wicket crap you lads play on and leave the turf talk to us.

worry about making 310 u nimrod...... what a waste of a season being up there this hole time and to lose to pacoe in the last round that use wouldve been expected to win haha...

GLENROY for the flag ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back