mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

Just had confirmed that our A turf game this week against Merlynston has been rescheduled to be played on the 19th and 26th November. So that means we will be playing sat/sun two weeks in a row....

Well hasn't this thread moved along.

You might be playing a one dayer next weekend Ollie. With the amount of rain we copped today we may not even get a start. If that's the case I would think the association would make your match a one dayer next weekend.

Let's hope the pitches hold up. I drove past a subbies ground today and the centre wicket was under water.

Unco;110869 said:
Well hasn't this thread moved along.

You might be playing a one dayer next weekend Ollie. With the amount of rain we copped today we may not even get a start. If that's the case I would think the association would make your match a one dayer next weekend.

Let's hope the pitches hold up. I drove past a subbies ground today and the centre wicket was under water.

No our firsts are definitely playing their round 4 match on the Sundays of the round 5 games (does that make sense??)!

ollie73;110970 said:
No our firsts are definitely playing their round 4 match on the Sundays of the round 5 games (does that make sense??)!

gday boys.

well, looks like the weather has held off and it should be a good day for cricket.

hopefully we can get some points on the board, as our start to the year has been dreadful. our cause isnt helped with 4 of our 1st XI out bcoz of derby day. but its a good chance to show off 2 17yo kids who have shown a bit in the 2nds.

anyway boys, goodluck for the w/e.

Results now posted on MMVCA website.

A couple of interesting results along with a couple of great individual efforts.

How does everyone feel about their prospects after 4 "almost" completed rounds?

Well we have had a poor couple of games with the bat and with players being unavailable due to injuries, exams and holidays etc.

We are still down in our bowling stocks with our top two bowlers out until Xmas with injuries, but I'm actually pretty confident we will get back on track and have a much better season from here on in. It looks like we have picked up a VERY handy couple of bats in the last two weeks, but the proof will be in the pudding as they say.

Socials this week - big game.

Ollie, looks like you'll sleep well on Sunday night. 4 days cricket (plus training) in 9 days.

Should be a good couple of weeks which will give us a bit more of an idea of who is likely to be playing in March. Who are everyone's early season finalists?

Good luck to any of the young blokes who are playing in the U21s on Sunday.

Unco, our game with Merlynston is still to be re-scheduled. We won't be playing it until at least next year now.

BTW we went ******** again yesterday.

Opening Batsman;115529 said:
Ollie73 will you guys win a game and get off the bottom of the ladder. The same applies to St Marys.

Would love to mate. Who would you rather be down there?? :)

We actually play St.Mary's in the one-dayer before Xmas, so someone will win there, but St.Mary's may win this week as they have put up a pretty good total by the look of it!

Opening Batsman;115529 said:
Ollie73 will you guys win a game and get off the bottom of the ladder. The same applies to St Marys.

St Marys are on their way. Scored 281 this weekend. They have enough bowlers to defend that total.

U21s - MMVCA won their first match. Bowled Willie out for 99 and made the runs 4 down. Very even performances by most players. Steve Babo made 53 not out and Matty Costello took 3/26.

Unco;115586 said:
St Marys are on their way. Scored 281 this weekend. They have enough bowlers to defend that total.

U21s - MMVCA won their first match. Bowled Willie out for 99 and made the runs 4 down. Very even performances by most players. Steve Babo made 53 not out and Matty Costello took 3/26.

Now I am not sure he was invited to play or not (I just know he didn't play), but surely there is a guy in my team, who is under 21, who makes centuries in A Turf, who should be in this side??

I've since found out that two of our guys were invited to train for the squad, but both were unable to train/play due to exams and other commitments. I have no problem with that, because they did at least deserve an invite.

I take it you're talking about Anthony Hoang. I thought he was older than that. Very confident young fella.

My understanding on the selection process was that the players had to attend the first training session and then a squa was chosen. Your delegate would have been aware of this.

Are you blokes back to full strength yet?

Unco;115951 said:
I take it you're talking about Anthony Hoang. I thought he was older than that. Very confident young fella.

My understanding on the selection process was that the players had to attend the first training session and then a squa was chosen. Your delegate would have been aware of this.

Are you blokes back to full strength yet?

Yeah that's who I was talking about. He did get invited, but couldn't play because of his uni exams, and also, at the time, we were scheduled to play our "make-up" game on these two Sundays.

He is a dead-set clone of Sehwag - bats the same way.

As for full-strength - no - and won't be until after Xmas when our bowlers return from injury (fingers crossed), but its our batting that has been a shambles. Someone will pay for all of us missing out so far - just don't know who yet!

Some of the results have been posted on the website for round 5. Great wins by St Andrews and St Marys. Ollie was amongst the runs I see.

Still a tight grouping amongst most of the teams.

5 rounds completed, 6 to go. Anyone willing to predict a final four yet?

Unco;117125 said:
Some of the results have been posted on the website for round 5. Great wins by St Andrews and St Marys. Ollie was amongst the runs I see.

Still a tight grouping amongst most of the teams.

5 rounds completed, 6 to go. Anyone willing to predict a final four yet?

i dont think the final 4 will change all that much from what it is right now, maybe socials will replace glenroy.

its rep game time in a couple of weeks for the a turf, who do u guys think will be in the team?

Only results posted so far are Pascoe Vale and St Andrews wins. I know Glenroy chased down Socials 312. Any other results known? How did you blokes go Ollie? Never played a match where that many runs were scored. What about St Marys? How did they go mmvca?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back