mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

I didn't play, but I know we went down. Made around 160, and were sent back in, and were 1/alot around 5:30pm, so I assume we didn't lose outright.

Unco;120938 said:
Only results posted so far are Pascoe Vale and St Andrews wins. I know Glenroy chased down Socials 312. Any other results known? How did you blokes go Ollie? Never played a match where that many runs were scored. What about St Marys? How did they go mmvca?

the cricket victoria site is not a very good one for the scores. I know its free. The better system is Result Vault and I dont know why MMVCA will not use it. It does cost much, $55 per team.

So how are everyone travelling since the XMAS break?? We are playing better, maybe we can snatch a win this week against St.Francis. It would be nice, but there is still alot of cricket to be played tomorrow!

ollie73;133360 said:
So how are everyone travelling since the XMAS break?? We are playing better, maybe we can snatch a win this week against St.Francis. It would be nice, but there is still alot of cricket to be played tomorrow!

Well you got your win Ollie. Well done!

St Francis and Socials losing and Merylo winning outright have definitely made things interesting. Plus changing the last round into a one dayer could effect the final standings.

Can't see the 4 changing now (especially now that Glenroy has a 10 point gap on 5th) but there's still enough incentive out there for a few teams to have a real crack.

Yeah about time too!! We really flogged them which was nice! :)

We are also playing our "make-up" game from rd 4 at the minute. I am not playing, we ended up making 264, and Merlynston are 0/3. So it still is up for grabs! :)

How did you go today Ollie, did you manage to defend 260 odd?

You blokes seem to have hit some form. What's been the key?

Yep we got home by five runs with two balls to spare (or something like that.)

As for the reason, just a bit of a change of luck, and having most of our players available at the same time certainly helps!

We won our final game of the season as well to ensure we didn't finish on the bottom!

Good luck to all teams playing in the finals!

Can anyone out there tell me anything about Anthony Hoang from Barkly St. Good technique or just a slogger?

Only played against Anthony Hoang a couple of times, but would put him in the bracket of a bit of slogger, loves to hit across the line.
Why's this? Is he leaving Barkly St?

bomber27;153407 said:
Only played against Anthony Hoang a couple of times, but would put him in the bracket of a bit of slogger, loves to hit across the line.
Why's this? Is he leaving Barkly St?

No l dont beleive his leaving, l think his played their since junior days.

Just a off the cuff comment from a mate of mine, who said he played juniors with him and might try to convince him to move, though was suggested he'd be unlikely to move.

Anyone heard of any coaching appointments yet, I see pascoe vale and merlynston are advertising on the mmvca website.

bomber27;154587 said:
Anyone heard of any coaching appointments yet, I see pascoe vale and merlynston are advertising on the mmvca website.

How does Sunshine Heights go these days in A Turf? They werent to bad in their Sunshine comp days.

WDCAcricketer;156162 said:
How does Sunshine Heights go these days in A Turf? They werent to bad in their Sunshine comp days.

Can be competive on there day, but can't string enough wins together over the season. Haven't made A Turf finals since joining the MMVCA.
Have got alot of young talented players though. There problem is Sammy Kandage, if they can get rid of him they might go places.

bomber27;156265 said:
Can be competive on there day, but can't string enough wins together over the season. Haven't made A Turf finals since joining the MMVCA.
Have got alot of young talented players though. There problem is Sammy Kandage, if they can get rid of him they might go places.

I notice they have a few good juniors coming up, should make them stronger if they keep them.

Does Barkly St show any promise? or are they way out of their league in the comp.

WDCAcricketer;156272 said:
I notice they have a few good juniors coming up, should make them stronger if they keep them.

Does Barkly St show any promise? or are they way out of their league in the comp.

They struggled this season and will continue unless they recruit strongly.
Probaly have the weakest bowling attack in A Grade.

I'm a new umpire to the league and i've just been to the presentation night tonight. Great night, Colin Miller was an absolute Starrrr!

Just a couple of comments.

Pretty sure Matty Costello won the A Turf champion.

Glenroy have reappointed their coach (Dan Ward) and captain (Warren Parker) from last season.

Bomber27, you're being a bit harsh on Sammy. He's not a bad player. As a team Sunshine just lack consistency, it's got nothing to do with Sammy.

Unco;159529 said:
Just a couple of comments.

Pretty sure Matty Costello won the A Turf champion.

Glenroy have reappointed their coach (Dan Ward) and captain (Warren Parker) from last season.

Bomber27, you're being a bit harsh on Sammy. He's not a bad player. As a team Sunshine just lack consistency, it's got nothing to do with Sammy.

Thanks Unco,

They finally updated the mmvca website, so I saw the result. Matty had a very good season and deserved the award.

With Sammy, I'm not saying he's a bad player but I think he can get under his own players skins at times because I think he expects all his team mates to be world beaters. He's very easy to bait on the field and will turn on anyone. Thats just going on my experience.

keep us posted with any other coaching appointments as its pretty quite at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back