mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

bomber27;159605 said:
With Sammy, I'm not saying he's a bad player but I think he can get under his own players skins at times because I think he expects all his team mates to be world beaters. He's very easy to bait on the field and will turn on anyone. Thats just going on my experience.

When you put it that way I have to agree but they are all pretty emotional. Fatih is just as bad. We played them earlier this season and half the side were arguing out on the ground.

Have heard Craig Wallace has been appointed as Captain Coach of Merlynston Hadfield. Also the club is very busy with their recruiting. Not happy where they finished last year.

WDCAcricketer;152880 said:
Can anyone out there tell me anything about Anthony Hoang from Barkly St. Good technique or just a slogger?

He has huge ability, and a great technique. But he gets himself out most of the time because he feels like he cant get out. When he learns (and he is only 21) to overcome this, he will be an excellent player. This is why alot of people would consider him a slogger, because thats how he goes out most often. But he can play.

bomber27;156277 said:
They struggled this season and will continue unless they recruit strongly.
Probaly have the weakest bowling attack in A Grade.

We struggled early on because our top 4 bowlers from the previous season either left or were injured. Once we regained even one of those players around Xmas we played much better and were more than competitive. We do need to bolster our attack, and if we do (and we have already) we will have a very competitive team.

You must remember that last season (05/06) we made the finals and to be honest, at this moment, our team going forward is alot stronger overall. I had an absolute crap year myself, along with a couple of other guys who are good cricketers.

One thing I just would like to point out, as captain, our batting is what caused us to lose most of the games we did, as our bowling in most games was great, seeing as we were undermanned in that area.

Oh well, that's my rant for the month!! :)

bomber27;165537 said:
Any news on coaching or player movements Ollie?

To be honest, not too much from us. Pretty sure one of our bowlers who left last season will return, and another who missed all of the season due to injury will be right. Also, I won't be captain this season, as I will only be able to play on a part-time basis. But it is only June and anything can happen at this stage.

ollie73;165539 said:
We struggled early on because our top 4 bowlers from the previous season either left or were injured. Once we regained even one of those players around Xmas we played much better and were more than competitive. We do need to bolster our attack, and if we do (and we have already) we will have a very competitive team.

You must remember that last season (05/06) we made the finals and to be honest, at this moment, our team going forward is alot stronger overall. I had an absolute crap year myself, along with a couple of other guys who are good cricketers.

One thing I just would like to point out, as captain, our batting is what caused us to lose most of the games we did, as our bowling in most games was great, seeing as we were undermanned in that area.

Oh well, that's my rant for the month!! :)

Well summed up there, i thought your batting line up had plenty of talent but just didn't get going. Kerlin looks impressive and is Summerfield going around again, he's a player I really enjoyed playing against, never gives up

bomber27;165544 said:
Well summed up there, i thought your batting line up had plenty of talent but just didn't get going. Kerlin looks impressive and is Summerfield going around again, he's a player I really enjoyed playing against, never gives up

Thats sums it up really, plenty of talent and not enough application, but we are a young side, and that will develop over time. Kerls is getting better every year and Krusty (summerfield) will definitely be going again.

So what about your team/club??? Whats going on there???

ollie73;165988 said:
Thats sums it up really, plenty of talent and not enough application, but we are a young side, and that will develop over time. Kerls is getting better every year and Krusty (summerfield) will definitely be going again.

So what about your team/club??? Whats going on there???

Things are litte quite at Merlynston at the moment. Just trying to finalise player list. I know the club has a couple of potential new players they are talking too and there also trying to get back a couple of past champions back to the club. Should know a lot more in the next couple of weeks.

Club could have up to six new players in the first round of "A" turf that were'nt with the club last year.

News from MMVCA's AGM last night.

Sunshine YCW accepted into Association.
Cook reserve will not be used at all next year (both turf & synthetic)
Dechene reserve will only use one pitch.

It looks like the fixturing will be up the ******** for the start of the season. Councils are already putting pressure on the association about certain grounds and possible delays.

Get ready especially for B & C Turf grades for plenty of sunday games because of Cook and Dechene reserves.

bomber27;167085 said:
News from MMVCA's AGM last night.

Sunshine YCW accepted into Association.
Cook reserve will not be used at all next year (both turf & synthetic)
Dechene reserve will only use one pitch.

It looks like the fixturing will be up the ******** for the start of the season. Councils are already putting pressure on the association about certain grounds and possible delays.

Get ready especially for B & C Turf grades for plenty of sunday games because of Cook and Dechene reserves.

Some interesting news there. We'll see how the fixturing unfolds due to ground availability.

Any word on what grades Sunshine YCW will be in??

ollie73;167676 said:
Some interesting news there. We'll see how the fixturing unfolds due to ground availability.

Any word on what grades Sunshine YCW will be in??

I've not heard anything about on what Turf grades they will be in. They have three sides, two turf and a one day side.

Unless someone nominates to drop down from A Turf (possibly Haig Amateurs), I cannot see how they could play in the top grade.

As they finished on the bottom of the ladder in the lowest grade of the VTCA, they probaly should settle on a "B" and "C" turf sides.

Re: JIKA cricket forum

FLEMINGTON COLTS CRICKET CLUB
M.M.V.C.A
CAPTAIN/COACH 07/08 SEASON
ALSO TOP ORDER BATSMAN
TOP $ REMUNERATION FOR THE RIGHT PERSONS
EMAIL FLEMCOLTS@HOTMAIL.COM
or pm me and i will forward... the Cricket Managers Phone Number on too you

gday guys,

how is everyone looking for the upcoming season? i know we had a ********e year last year, and are looking to have a big one this year.

we have picked up a couple of bowlers, which we were desperate for.

so heres to a big year in the MMVCA.@|

mmvca;169836 said:
gday guys,

how is everyone looking for the upcoming season? i know we had a ********e year last year, and are looking to have a big one this year.

we have picked up a couple of bowlers, which we were desperate for.

so heres to a big year in the MMVCA.@|

G'day MMVCA,

Who's we?

bomber27;170025 said:
Come on Harry, give us some goss!:D

lol, i dont know how you picked it, but nice get TW.

not alot of goss ATM, but hoping to pick up a couple of guys from geelong in the near future.

will keep u posted woodsy@|

mmvca;170040 said:
lol, i dont know how you picked it, but nice get TW.

not alot of goss ATM, but hoping to pick up a couple of guys from geelong in the near future.

will keep u posted woodsy@|

Pal, I had no idea. You read to much into it. See you Saturday night.@|

This would have to be the quietest forum of all time! Cmon boys, lets spunk it up.

Lets start with, Who do you least like playing against, in regards to players.

Mine would have to be Wally from merlo. Bomber27 could back me up on that one.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back