Money Shield 18/19

He's been picked as a keeper before hasn't he? I doubt the selectors of the side actually watch any games, otherwise they probably would've looked for someone that can be up at the stumps from ball one

Very true.

It's a pity finals aren't considered, because there's a player who not only took crucial wickets in the home and away season, but single-handedly won his side a semi-final with the bat.

Very true.

It's a pity finals aren't considered, because there's a player who not only took crucial wickets in the home and away season, but single-handedly won his side a semi-final with the bat.
It is, but i take solace in the fact he seeks no praises for his efforts, just happy to do his part for the team.

It is, but i take solace in the fact he seeks no praises for his efforts, just happy to do his part for the team.

But it's those sort of selfless players that deserve to get picked. Not only is he a proven match winner with both bat and ball, but is he is the consummate team man. The DVCA have quite clearly got it wrong.

But it's those sort of selfless players that deserve to get picked. Not only is he a proven match winner with both bat and ball, but is he is the consummate team man. The DVCA have quite clearly got it wrong.
We can both agree that whilst he is incredibly unlucky to miss out, he would be first picked in our side were we given the opportunity as a selector. Maybe if he was given the opportunity to repeat his heroics in the GF the selectors would have been forced to make the right decision.

We can both agree that whilst he is incredibly unlucky to miss out, he would be first picked in our side were we given the opportunity as a selector. Maybe if he was given the opportunity to repeat his heroics in the GF the selectors would have been forced to make the right decision.

I feel that I may have rushed to judgement in saying that his efforts in the semi-final were needed to secure his place in the team of the year.

While undoubtedly his batting in the semi-final was the difference in his side making it through to the grand-final, I should have given much more weight to his batting heroics in round 8 against Lalor.

Lalor were the best team before Christmas and he showed in that game that his batting was a class above.

Does the DVCA have an appeals process regarding team of the year, as I feel that a grave injustice has occurred.

I feel that I may have rushed to judgement in saying that his efforts in the semi-final were needed to secure his place in the team of the year.

While undoubtedly his batting in the semi-final was the difference in his side making it through to the grand-final, I should have given much more weight to his batting heroics in round 8 against Lalor.

Lalor were the best team before Christmas and he showed in that game that his batting was a class above.

Does the DVCA have an appeals process regarding team of the year, as I feel that a grave injustice has occurred.
Nothing official, but if we make enough noise they'll surely look into it. If the DVCA is anything, it is flexible and responsive to the wants and needs of it's participating members and keen observers alike.

U Uncle Tezza In response to your comment that you deleted, I do not think you expected to make it, due to your humble nature. That doesn't mean it wasn't warranted though buddy, I've got you locked in for next year!

Nothing official, but if we make enough noise they'll surely look into it. If the DVCA is anything, it is flexible and responsive to the wants and needs of it's participating members and keen observers alike.

I don't want to sound overly dramatic, but its these sorts of decisions that create a sense of disillusionment among local cricketers and a perception that our game is being run by rank amateurs.

I know there have been a number of reviews conducted by Cricket Australia in recent times and I feel that if anyone in Jolimont gets a whiff of this scandal, we could well see the DVCA executive being forced to answer some very uncomfortable questions.

I don't want to sound overly dramatic, but its these sorts of decisions that create a sense of disillusionment among local cricketers and a perception that our game is being run by rank amateurs.

I know there have been a number of reviews conducted by Cricket Australia in recent times and I feel that if anyone in Jolimont gets a whiff of this scandal, we could well see the DVCA executive being forced to answer some very uncomfortable questions.
Sometimes it takes something like this to happen to affect some positive change. Whilst it may seem like U Uncle Tezza is the only person being affected by this preposterous decision, in reality we are all experiencing some feelings of discontent. If he can be snubbed then what hope is there for the rest. An Argus style report may be what is required here to reshape the executive into a trusted and fair panel.

Sometimes it takes something like this to happen to affect some positive change. Whilst it may seem like U Uncle Tezza is the only person being affected by this preposterous decision, in reality we are all experiencing some feelings of discontent. If he can be snubbed then what hope is there for the rest. An Argus style report may be what is required here to reshape the executive into a trusted and fair panel.
Very considerate of you.

Attachments

• 7FC316C6-91A7-40FD-917A-9BBFEE38FD78.png
    7FC316C6-91A7-40FD-917A-9BBFEE38FD78.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 7
Garbage banter at that. I've heard that Mash probably wont be playing due to increased coaching commitments, Skips touch and go and Turner in the same boat.

I hope all teams can increase junior numbers. The number of teams still looks a little anemic to me although at a glance it looks like there might be a slight increase in teams from a couple of years ago. I am a touch concerned with a majority of cricket now being behind a pay wall on TV. That kind of thing could be seriously detrimental to the uptake of the sport.

Back