Money Shield 2012/13

Just stop champ. You're acting like a spoilt 5yo. If you want something changed, then get off your backside and change it, don't get on this or any other forum and whinge.

Gee I hope you're under 15, if not you have some real maturity issues. I'm not complain about rules, more the behaviour of teams who lose the toss.

Can we seriously move on from this topic.. However it is looking likely that it will rain again this week, regardless of the rain LP would have to be disappointed with those performance last week
Didn't LP make the GF last year? Banyule spanked them without the OÇonnor brothers, Wilson & McMurray
Surely LP have lost players or are missing some otherwise that doesn't say much about MS standard!

Interesting that the HDCA and banyule knockers are a bit quiet over the result...

I'm neither an HDCA nor a Banyule knocker; but if the team LP fielded last week is anything like their best for the season, then they have gone backwards a long, long way, and I doubt that anyone can take too much from it.
Good to see Banyule do well, however.

Didn't LP make the GF last year? Banyule spanked them without the OÇonnor brothers, Wilson & McMurray
Surely LP have lost players or are missing some otherwise that doesn't say much about MS standard!

There are two sides to the coin. From last years GF side, Lower Plenty were missing:

Gunn: 424 Runs
Zerafa: 292 Runs
Barnett: 233 Runs and / 18 wickets
Delahunt 41 wickets
Ryan: 184 Runs and 7 wickets

There are two sides to the coin. From last years GF side, Lower Plenty were missing:

Gunn: 424 Runs
Zerafa: 292 Runs
Barnett: 233 Runs and / 18 wickets
Delahunt 41 wickets

Tongs, I know Delahunt's gone, but what's happening with the others, do you know?

Just looking at the Money v Barclay threads........ I wonder if there is any correlation between good cricketers not really sh*t talking about each other and clubs and results............... and sh*t cricketers talking for the sake of it?

As they say- once the flag drops, the bullsh*t stops. Seems like all Barclay boys have gone quiet- perhaps focusing on what matters.

Some of the bile that comes from the mouths (or fingers) of you blokes.... no wonder your teams arent in the top division if its a reflection on your clubs.

Gee I hope you're under 15, if not you have some real maturity issues. I'm not complain about rules, more the behaviour of teams who lose the toss.

why doesn't that surprise me,

lets hope the rain stays away and we can get some official results this week, in reality good start by all the teams who played, even LP with a somewhat weakened team went OK.

Interested to see how Heidelberg and Rosanaa shape up, noticed S Cashen in the Heidelberg lineup, he has to be 50+ these days or is it a relative?? anyone know?

lets hope the rain stays away and we can get some official results this week, in reality good start by all the teams who played, even LP with a somewhat weakened team went OK.

Interested to see how Heidelberg and Rosanaa shape up, noticed S Cashen in the Heidelberg lineup, he has to be 50+ these days or is it a relative?? anyone know?

It's Steve. He'd be 47 or 48. He'll still make runs batting at 7 or 8. He still has a golf handicap of 2.

Gunn: 424 Runs 411 Runs
Zerafa: 292 Runs 244 Runs
Barnett: 233 Runs and / 18 wickets 160 Runs /16 wickets
Delahunt 41 wickets 34 wickets
107 Runs / 5 wickets

I thought that might be the case.
Figures refined though as above. 20/20 bullshit & other grade's don't count

Lower still a handy side, Zerafa work committments till Xmas but has done nothing last 3 seasons. Barnett and Gunn footy trip and Ryan isnt playing cricket at all i hear

Just looking at the Money v Barclay threads........ I wonder if there is any correlation between good cricketers not really sh*t talking about each other and clubs and results............... and sh*t cricketers talking for the sake of it?

As they say- once the flag drops, the bullsh*t stops. Seems like all Barclay boys have gone quiet- perhaps focusing on what matters.

Some of the bile that comes from the mouths (or fingers) of you blokes.... no wonder your teams arent in the top division if its a reflection on your clubs.
You must be related to DJ Yallah.

Cash is 50 but still would be able to handle himself.Even against "Barclay" bowlers:D . I hear the bergers have a number of 18 to 20yos so need a couple of old heads as well. Hand is back from Carlton too which adds some depth.

Cash is 50 but still would be able to handle himself.Even against "Barclay" bowlers:D . I hear the bergers have a number of 18 to 20yos so need a couple of old heads as well. Hand is back from Carlton too which adds some depth.
whats happening with young guys that go to premier cricket that have been dominate junior players and after one or two years they come back to local cricket, i understand they can be many factors, but i think its the generation of, if they dont succeed straight away they leave and go back to were its easier.
interested on peoples thoughts on this?

whats happening with young guys that go to premier cricket that have been dominate junior players and after one or two years they come back to local cricket, i understand they can be many factors, but i think its the generation of, if they dont succeed straight away they leave and go back to were its easier.

Personally I would like to see all junior players who want to go to district clubs to have a year or two in senior cricket, playing 1s/2s and having good years before they go down to a district club. In saying that, there are always exceptions to the rules. There are and have been, some freaks come through the DVCA ranks and we could all name them, and they walk into district 1s and 2s.\

There is the other side of the coin with these cases, I have seen a number of young players go try their luck down at district clubs when purely and simply, they aren't any good. And i put it down to 3 reasons. 1 They think that they are a lot better than what they are. 2, They have people from district clubs pissing in their pockets telling them that they are better than what they are. And 3, their fathers are still living their careers through their sons and are pushing them to go. They go down and play 3s and 4s and they wouldn't even get a game in their local clubs 1s.

First of all Premier cricket is a huge commitment, and it's not for everyone. But also generation Z are in a hurry. They are living in a world where if things are going to happen they will happen very quickly. The days of slogging it out and proving yourself in District 3's and 4's for 5 years or so are over. If you are going to play for Victoria you have to be playing 1st Grade cricket by the age of 20 at the latest. Our wickets are also putting our junior batsmen behind the rest. Premier cricket pitches stay low, you have to get on the front foot to score runs. Our wickets require a batsman to sit on the back foot as the ball sits up. You have to be an exceptional batsman to adjust to turf quickly. My advice to any gun junior in the DVCA would be to get off all weather wickets asap.

Back