Money Shield 2012/13

Im led to believe Nothing counts at all. It will all be wiped from the record books as if it never happened. % doesn't count. All teams just get 3 points.

Quote: If play is cancelled under this Rule, it is ignored for points, percentage, averages and votes.
Perhaps they have to go in and manually over-ride the ladders in MyCricket.
Teams better double-check if it becomes important at the end of the season.

Sadly, both captains and umpire didn't know the rules. The umpire said we had to wait till 4pm before we could call it off, and wanted an early tea break. Both captains agreed, which are both wrong. Hence why I stepped in to assist in getting it right.
As the captain on the day, I knew exactly what time we could go to, which is why it was decided that once we past 3 pm, it was too late to continue, and an early tea was not taken, it was simply served by your players, (and seeing that the bar / canteen was closed at your home ground, it was seen as a good idea to make some food available)

Quote: If play is cancelled under this Rule, it is ignored for points, percentage, averages and votes.
Perhaps they have to go in and manually over-ride the ladders in MyCricket.
Teams better double-check if it becomes important at the end of the season.

Thanks for clearing that up - where are all these quotes coming from??

Exhi
As the captain on the day, I knew exactly what time we could go to, which is why it was decided that once we past 3 pm, it was too late to continue, and an early tea was not taken, it was simply served by your players, (and seeing that the bar / canteen was closed at your home ground, it was seen as a good idea to make some food available)

Exhibit A right there. Once it past 2:30 and a ball not bowled, it should be game over. An early tea was not taken because I showed the umpire the rule book stating you can't have an early tea.

Maybe you should study the rule book at training tomorrow captain?

Not the first time that's happened!

Surely such a strong and vibrant club can at least get someone in there selling cans of Coke?

I think the teams who get on deserve the points if they win.
First of all any normal or half intelligent person knows our game gets affected by wet weather EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!! Have 2 sundays set aside, 1 before xmas, 1 after to replay any 1 dayers that get washed out under the 50% rule. At least then we wont have so many whingeing clubs, unintelligent captains or incompetent umpires screwing with what we all basically want to do - PLAY CRICKET!! 2 day games are different for many reasons. it is rare you have 2 saturdays in a row completely washed out and if u do then definetly a draw to all. But some games lose some overs, some lose a whole day. Most times a result (which means win, lose or draw) is reached. Whether a 160 over game turns into 120 or 110 or 100 or a 1 dayer the next week is not really relevant. Saturday was a debacle because of the innept and unprofessional nature of the dvca and these new players/clubs should be laughing their tits off!! I like and agree with the 50% rule so either wipe off the round as is, find a mutual understanding on the day (ie communication between umpires and dvca exec of how many games havent started by 3pm) or replay the round at a later date. And for those who already say 'oh i cant play on sunday for whatever reason - bad luck! if its arranged that way at the start of the season so all teams play everyone else, then stiff shit!!! at least we wont have to go through what happened on saturday again and it will save tongs writing a post in 6 months saying the round 1 fiasco cost eltham a finals spot!

I just reckon if you get washed out, bad luck. That's the way it goes. In other comps such as Premier cricket, which is affected even more by rain, if you win you get 6 points and a draw gets you ZERO points, rain or otherwise. You just have to suck it up. I think cancelling games and pretending they didn't happen because someone down the road didn't get to play is bizarre. Just an opinion.

I just reckon if you get washed out, bad luck. That's the way it goes. In other comps such as Premier cricket, which is affected even more by rain, if you win you get 6 points and a draw gets you ZERO points, rain or otherwise. You just have to suck it up. I think cancelling games and pretending they didn't happen because someone down the road didn't get to play is bizarre. Just an opinion.

agree totally, the big cricket committe will just tell you to go to your delegate lol

whats worse is 2 clubs actually LOST and get points!! its laughable

the big winners of the 50% rule are actually the teams who lose, gaining points for free,

being silly for a sec.....do we have a 50% rule if there are 4 ties in a round, same thing almost

agree totally, the big cricket committe will just tell you to go to your delegate lol

whats worse is 2 clubs actually LOST and get points!! its laughable

Why wouldn't you go to your delegate to try and get a rule changed if you're not happy with it? Or (looking back on your previous posts) make a phone call to someone who has time to get to the club during the week and get them to do it.

I might be dumb, but I can't see the logic in getting on here, going over and over why you think the rule stinks, yet you won't make any attempt to go through the proper channels to get something done about it?

Why wouldn't you go to your delegate to try and get a rule changed if you're not happy with it? Or (looking back on your previous posts) make a phone call to someone who has time to get to the club during the week and get them to do it.

I might be dumb, but I can't see the logic in getting on here, going over and over why you think the rule stinks, yet you won't make any attempt to go through the proper channels to get something done about it?

thanks comittee!

because im using a forum to have an opinion, does not mean i want to go and make or change the rules.

is this forum not for opinions? how dare i question the establishment!

thanks comittee!

because im using a forum to have an opinion, does not mean i want to go and make or change the rules.

is this forum not for opinions? how dare i question the establishment!

You don't like the rule, but you don't want to change it?
Now, that's what I call "questioning the establishment"!
(Of course, others might call it pointless whinging, but not me).

You don't like the rule, but you don't want to change it?
Now, that's what I call "questioning the establishment"!
(Of course, others might call it pointless whinging, but not me).

i dont like the rule, it should be changed.

i dont see why i have to do something about it? surely i can comment without having to join or approach a committee?

you blokes are obviously all on the exec at your clubs and partially to blame for the crap rule, thats obvious now, try not being so defensive

i dont like the rule, it should be changed.

i dont see why i have to do something about it? surely i can comment without having to join or approach a committee?

you blokes are obviously all on the exec at your clubs and partially to blame for the crap rule, thats obvious now, try not being so defensive

Just stop champ. You're acting like a spoilt 5yo. If you want something changed, then get off your backside and change it, don't get on this or any other forum and whinge. I don't have any issues with what your saying or what you think the rule should be, I agree in fact. But to say "I don't like it but won't do anything about it" just makes you look stupid.

Just stop champ. You're acting like a spoilt 5yo. If you want something changed, then get off your backside and change it, don't get on this or any other forum and whinge. I don't have any issues with what your saying or what you think the rule should be, I agree in fact. But to say "I don't like it but won't do anything about it" just makes you look stupid.

so your basically saying, supporters of the comp can't comment? you need to be an active committee member?

bit sensitive IMO. but lets move on, point made

As long as the clubs are making a genuine attempt to play I think the 50% rule is fine. I played in the game against lower plenty on Saturday and they were severely affected by losing the toss, no game should be decided that way.

As long as the clubs are making a genuine attempt to play I think the 50% rule is fine. I played in the game against lower plenty on Saturday and they were severely affected by losing the toss, no game should be decided that way.

This is what shits me the most about wet days. If club X lose the toss and have to bowl, they show no interest in playing and do very little to get the pitch ready. If they win the toss and bat, they whinge about why they aren't playing.

Thats the luck of the draw and the game we play, the toss can be pivitol in gaining the upper edge, like on 34 degree days. It shouldn't dictate if we play or not.

Can we seriously move on from this topic.. However it is looking likely that it will rain again this week, regardless of the rain LP would have to be disappointed with those performance last week

This is what shits me the most about wet days. If club X lose the toss and have to bowl, they show no interest in playing and do very little to get the pitch ready. If they win the toss and bat, they whinge about why they aren't playing.

Thats the luck of the draw and the game we play, the toss can be pivitol in gaining the upper edge, like on 34 degree days. It shouldn't dictate if we play or not.
Just stop champ. You're acting like a spoilt 5yo. If you want something changed, then get off your backside and change it, don't get on this or any other forum and whinge.

Back