Money Shield 2012/13

Gotta go with goliath and 25 on this one as in my experience Lankans always polite and super passionate about cricket. A few basket cases in the field as they can go a wanderin and we all seen bundooras approach this year (no imports at all). However I do agree on a limit whether it is per club or per team. No way can a salary cap be policed but 2 max per team (paid imports) seems fair for mine. Question is where do hurstbridge get all their coin from? They must be growing some good shit out there!!

I am not quite sure why bundoora keep getting mentioned in your posts...?

The decision not to bring Dinesh back this year was a tough one. But a decision based on team balance at the time. Absolutely nothing to do with being an import - or a decision to go away from imports.

Fact - Last year we had 6 front line bowlers in A grade. Most barely getting enough bowling each week.

We identified that our batting was seen as our weakness and we decided to try to strengthen that. Which we did with the appointment of our new coach.

Decisions on imported players have to be made around May / June each year in order to get them here for round 1. At that time we were not in a position to make that call, and so as to not disadvantage Dinesh, we decided to let Sammy know it was unlikley at that time and if another club wanted him, then we would not hold him back. The boys all miss him and we wish him well.

Now the season is underway, a few departures and a few injuries, we could probably do with him, but hindsight is a great thing.

In the future, if the club deems it necessary to get another 'import' I see no reason not to. Clubs pay bigger $$ for local district 'stars', sometimes for little reward as well. That we do know only too well.

Some of it is luck. Our skipper has played in England last two Australian winters and blokes he has played with have been keen to come out (which makes it a bit different to throwing 10k and the South African under 21 "captain" in my mind). I have no doubt they've improved our club's culture and have been a fun novelty!

No rhyme or reason to it to be honest. In the last two years we've brought in 4 local boys, so I guess we probably haven't seen a need. It's also a very risk/reward situation and I guess we look at it in a cautious approach.and we'd probavly prefer to look at players in an ongoing capacity, not just a year or two.

Every club has bad days but 16!!! Don't know the bloke but I saw him make a ton one day and outbatted mark minney in a big partnership! Problems or not you try to keep guys like that. As for this week fellas do we think rain will play a part and muck up a few teams plans for wins/outrights??

Every club has bad days but 16!!! Don't know the bloke but I saw him make a ton one day and outbatted mark minney in a big partnership! Problems or not you try to keep guys like that. As for this week fellas do we think rain will play a part and muck up a few teams plans for wins/outrights??
For not knowing the bloke, you seem to speak a lot and know a lot about him. If you had a cancerous mole on your back and a girl told you it was sexy, but a doctor told you it was going to kill you, would you have it removed, give the girl the flick and move on, or die......simple decision, well overdue.

what are you then wanderer a mole, a wart or a just a pimple! id say i know him about as well as you - not very.. Get back to cricket. Teams who need only half a days cricket could be in box seat this weekend if rain comes. This round will be 1 looked back on at the end as a season definer!! Anyone got a good tip for cox plate?

what are you then wanderer a mole, a wart or a just a pimple! id say i know him about as well as you - not very.. Get back to cricket. Teams who need only half a days cricket could be in box seat this weekend if rain comes. This round will be 1 looked back on at the end as a season definer!! Anyone got a good tip for cox plate?

I agree lets get back to cricket!!
Good week by Monty with a nice big score, well shared runs throughout. Banyules batting is there strength but 289 is too many to chase down. Mont to win.

Bundoora Utd to get outright spoils over Whittlesea. Can see BU slogging a lead of about 150 in maybe the first 15-20 and getting 60-65 overs at rolling Whittlesea again. BU outright and 10 valuable points.

Greensborough look in the box seat with Jephcott still unbeaten, expect him to get Borough over the line. Does Skips have a wedding tongs? I just feel the result would be the other way if he had played. Borough to win

Good bowling performance by Lower, good for them to have Smithy and Scotty back in the side. Would only be missing perhaps Zerafa to be back to full strength? Can see them passing Heidelberg maybe 5-6 down. Lower to win.

Rosanna may be the team to beat after hitting a nice 256 against last years Barclay side Stars. On there day i think the stars could chase it down but i just cant see it happening. Rosanna by 70-80 runs.

Dont no what happened at wattle glen but 16?!? Anyway fantastic bowling performance by the Hill and would be spewing if they didnt get maximum points here. P Hill outright.

HB 164 not bad but not great. em25, i see crowey was in d grade? SM will have a fight against one of the better attacks but with stewy in form early can see them getting there. SM to win by 2 wickets.

3slips - i like ocean park mate. but im a hopeless punter.

cheers bandit out.

I agree lets get back to cricket!!
Good week by Monty with a nice big score, well shared runs throughout. Banyules batting is there strength but 289 is too many to chase down. Mont to win.

Bundoora Utd to get outright spoils over Whittlesea. Can see BU slogging a lead of about 150 in maybe the first 15-20 and getting 60-65 overs at rolling Whittlesea again. BU outright and 10 valuable points.

Greensborough look in the box seat with Jephcott still unbeaten, expect him to get Borough over the line. Does Skips have a wedding tongs? I just feel the result would be the other way if he had played. Borough to win

Good bowling performance by Lower, good for them to have Smithy and Scotty back in the side. Would only be missing perhaps Zerafa to be back to full strength? Can see them passing Heidelberg maybe 5-6 down. Lower to win.

Rosanna may be the team to beat after hitting a nice 256 against last years Barclay side Stars. On there day i think the stars could chase it down but i just cant see it happening. Rosanna by 70-80 runs.

Dont no what happened at wattle glen but 16?!? Anyway fantastic bowling performance by the Hill and would be spewing if they didnt get maximum points here. P Hill outright.

HB 164 not bad but not great. em25, i see crowey was in d grade? SM will have a fight against one of the better attacks but with stewy in form early can see them getting there. SM to win by 2 wickets.

3slips - i like ocean park mate. but im a hopeless punter.

cheers bandit out.
Got me buggered what you are doing on this site bandit - you make way too much sense. Would have to agree with nearly all your predictions. However outrights are always hard to get when you think about them all week and plan for them. They rarely work out the way you plan! In saying that, panton hill will win outright unless the 2 in now make another 100. Bund utd wont win outright as whittlesea can hold them out. All the other games - tick! And ocean park will get my coin now as i have no idea either. Cheers bandit!

I am tipping Thomastown United to come up with the greatest turnaround, possibly ever in the history of cricket.

20 behind, with 8 wickets in hand and plenty of time for Dinesh to come back and tear through the Panton Hill lineup if they have to bat 45 or so overs and try and a) hang in there, or b) score 120.

Things are gonna get interesting....

I am tipping Thomastown United to come up with the greatest turnaround, possibly ever in the history of cricket.

20 behind, with 8 wickets in hand and plenty of time for Dinesh to come back and tear through the Panton Hill lineup if they have to bat 45 or so overs and try and a) hang in there, or b) score 120.

Things are gonna get interesting....

Not the worst call I've ever made! Sphincters would have been tight for the Hill boys!

Not the worst call I've ever made! Sphincters would have been tight for the Hill boys!
beer bandit tips well but i mite give myself a lick i think. Got both the outright or non outright games correct and the rest of the games weren't that hard to pick. P.Hill lucky though. 2 more scalps and biggest turn around ever! Credit to t.utd boys. Apart from some self destruction in first hour or two of game might have actually won! Look forward though boys, you only have mark minney to confront this week - doh!! And well done whittlesea lads also. Better than their form reads i reckon.

beer bandit tips well but i mite give myself a lick i think. Got both the outright or non outright games correct and the rest of the games weren't that hard to pick. P.Hill lucky though. 2 more scalps and biggest turn around ever! Credit to t.utd boys. Apart from some self destruction in first hour or two of game might have actually won! Look forward though boys, you only have mark minney to confront this week - doh!! And well done whittlesea lads also. Better than their form reads i reckon.

Any idea of why the result is in dispute??

Back