New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

Re: New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

Does anyone from St Albans know if they will be able to get a pitch up for the first few games? GDFL have footy finals on there again dont they?

Sorry wrong thread!

Second XI At Best;357475 said:
Wouldn't be either of the other Murnanes!!
Cam should be good to go this season...or at least nearing it!

come on Al has clear potential !! and Matty is too focussed on the Bulldogs to think about cricket at the moment, only to get his heart broken again in a Prelim !!

whatdoumeanwashe;357469 said:
Does anyone from St Albans know if they will be able to get a pitch up for the first few games? GDFL have footy finals on there again dont they?

Sorry wrong thread!

Yeah they do, our curator and the helpers we have from the tafe are saying it will be no problem to get a wicket up in two weeks, I have my doubts:(.

I'd be tipping if they get a wicket up it won't be very batsman friendly at all.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;357479 said:
Yeah they do, our curator and the helpers we have from the tafe are saying it will be no problem to get a wicket up in two weeks, I have my doubts:(.

I'd be tipping if they get a wicket up it won't be very batsman friendly at all.

Millsy would be hating that !! :) So as a bowler as a coach does that mean the curators are going to be instructed to have a nice green tinge to all the wickets they produce ?

On a serious note and knowing a bit about the wicket preperation how will it work having more than one helper on the wicket, as it does take a bit of time to work out how the wicket needs to be prepared, so if you keep having trainee's coming out to prepare the decks then they may not get to know the wicket square ?

gca_ipl;357480 said:
Millsy would be hating that !! :) So as a bowler as a coach does that mean the curators are going to be instructed to have a nice green tinge to all the wickets they produce ?

On a serious note and knowing a bit about the wicket preperation how will it work having more than one helper on the wicket, as it does take a bit of time to work out how the wicket needs to be prepared, so if you keep having trainee's coming out to prepare the decks then they may not get to know the wicket square ?

I think the club would much rather be known for having a good deck rather them alter them to suit the side, it does come up in the criteria at the end of the year and we want every point we can get;)

The trainee input is just to help get the first wicket up, with the short turnaround from GDFL Grand Final to the first game. After that our curator will do as he pleases. The extra help from the tafe during the day when most are at work will be very handy leading up to the first game.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;357504 said:
I think the club would much rather be known for having a good deck rather them alter them to suit the side, it does come up in the criteria at the end of the year and we want every point we can get;)

The trainee input is just to help get the first wicket up, with the short turnaround from GDFL Grand Final to the first game. After that our curator will do as he pleases. The extra help from the tafe during the day when most are at work will be very handy leading up to the first game.

i say lets just make it as dodgy as we can for the first game against winch.

Second XI At Best;357475 said:
Wouldn't be either of the other Murnanes!!
Cam should be good to go this season...or at least nearing it!

Was talking to him the other day. He said he hopes to be right but latest report from the surgeon that did the shoulder reco was that he could not promise he would be able to bowl properly again let alone this year. Also, he might have to get the left shoulder done at some point as well. As is i said though he seemed pretty keen to play though.

I told him to concetrate on his batting, but he reckons the Hauensteins wouldn't pick him in any grade as a batsman, surely not that bad IPL?

fourmore;357595 said:
Was talking to him the other day. He said he hopes to be right but latest report from the surgeon that did the shoulder reco was that he could not promise he would be able to bowl properly again let alone this year. Also, he might have to get the left shoulder done at some point as well. As is i said though he seemed pretty keen to play though.

I told him to concetrate on his batting, but he reckons the Hauensteins wouldn't pick him in any grade as a batsman, surely not that bad IPL?

Fourmore seems to know a great deal about South Barwon players with plenty of questions about Boyd, Babies Arms and the Murnane's. Do I know you ?? I think I do.

Cam was a good junior bat, in fact I saw him destroy a South Barwon junior side in his junior days at Christian College, unfortunately since coming across to South Barwon citing a bat in his hand is very rare, even at training, where he often refuses to bat up against the Hauenstein's firing off the long run, including Glenny!! There might be some batting pedigree in there somewhere that is ready to explode, but we have not cited it yet !! :)

gca_ipl;357610 said:
Fourmore seems to know a great deal about South Barwon players with plenty of questions about Boyd, Babies Arms and the Murnane's. Do I know you ?? I think I do.

Not sure how you would unless we met at one of your club cocktail nights or raffle?? I am a school mate of Cam and Boydy's and played a bit of cricket with them at Christian College. I don't think i have displayed much knowledge about any other South guys or made comment???

gca_ipl;357610 said:

Not sure how you would? I had only met Cam once up until a couple of days ago when i ran into him and Boydy after a basketball game one night and we started talking about his shoulder? I used to go to school with Boydy but only usually see him on a Sat night out. I don't think i have really mentioned any other South players, oh yeah Babies Arm i made a comment based on previous posts by you guys??

It just made sense that since you seemed to be always on here, why not discuss issues to do with your club????

fourmore;357623 said:
Not sure how you would? I had only met Cam once up until a couple of days ago when i ran into him and Boydy after a basketball game one night and we started talking about his shoulder? I used to go to school with Boydy but only usually see him on a Sat night out. I don't think i have really mentioned any other South players, oh yeah Babies Arm i made a comment based on previous posts by you guys??

It just made sense that since you seemed to be always on here, why not discuss issues to do with your club????

Is this a cheap shot at your computer based lifestyle Daz? Or is he just a thoughtful sweet guy who wants to get to know YOU?

Second XI At Best;357640 said:
Is this a cheap shot at your computer based lifestyle Daz? Or is he just a thoughtful sweet guy who wants to get to know YOU?

I'm not sure but I hope we do not get onto talking about body parts again, because the first time he met Cam he started to talk about his shoulder !! What next ?? :)

All good !!

gca_ipl;357658 said:
I'm not sure but I hope we do not get onto talking about body parts again, because the first time he met Cam he started to talk about his shoulder !! What next ?? :)

All good !!

As i said before, i saw him after a game of basketball, his shoulder was absolutely covered in tape and i knew cricket season was coming up. Seems like a reasonable topic of conversation??

My point was second Xl is that why would i get on here and ask questions i can't get real answers on about clubs that are not represented by people in this forum? That is what this is about isn't it, keeping up with info about clubs/players you don't stay in regular contact with?

fourmore;357697 said:
As i said before, i saw him after a game of basketball, his shoulder was absolutely covered in tape and i knew cricket season was coming up. Seems like a reasonable topic of conversation??

My point was second Xl is that why would i get on here and ask questions i can't get real answers on about clubs that are not represented by people in this forum? That is what this is about isn't it, keeping up with info about clubs/players you don't stay in regular contact with?

Do you play cricket Fourmore?

fourmore;357707 said:
Not since juniors

ok, went to school with Boydie, whom I am pretty sure went to school with the Murnane's for a long time, have not played cricket since Juniors (so would be about 8 plus years) and have a sudden interest to post comments on a cricket website ?? But then specifically just comment on South Barwon people ?? Hmmm.

I don't mind people coming on to comment about things but when there story just does not seem to add up and has many holes in it then all credibility is lost.

Are u suggesting that "fourmore" is infact the great D.Boyd, Dazza?!! :eek:
Haha

gca_ipl;357855 said:
ok, went to school with Boydie, whom I am pretty sure went to school with the Murnane's for a long time, have not played cricket since Juniors (so would be about 8 plus years) and have a sudden interest to post comments on a cricket website ?? But then specifically just comment on South Barwon people ?? Hmmm.

I don't mind people coming on to comment about things but when there story just does not seem to add up and has many holes in it then all credibility is lost.

Rightio guys ive been digging and listening to a few sources recently and this is what i can shed light on-
Justin Miller offered 8000 by st.albans, he then spoke to groveday who threw 9000 at him which st.albans then move a round 10,000 and he said "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!" and signed as we all know
Matt Harrison- Moved from Prahran to Geelong CC
Andrew Hodgson- St.Joeys to Geelong
Becker Nuygen- East Belmont to Geelong
Heath Farnsworth- stepped aside at barrabool due to uni commitments
Ben Strachan- From Corio (folded) to Barrabool as coach taking a few players with him... can anyone tell me about Strachan apparently he played at Torquay aswell??
Barrabool also were approached by lasy years Drysdale Coach to take up the position at bool, he wasnt happy that he didnt get his bonus for the B grade winning the premiership he was told "he had no input into it"
Thats all i can remember atm ill keep you posted if i hear anything more!:cool:

Back