New Zealand in Australia

Re: New Zealand in Australia

Jolldo87;319934 said:
The third umpire should be sacked.

How he cannot see that is beyond me.
The first 2 angles showed seemed to indicate the batsman clearly in, what was this magical 3rd angle they only seemed to get once the decision was made?

Jolldo87;319934 said:
The third umpire should be sacked.

How he cannot see that is beyond me.
The first 2 angles showed seemed to indicate the batsman clearly in, what was this magical 3rd angle they only seemed to get once the decision was made?

eddiesmith;319953 said:

I thought it was out before that tbh but it was dumb that they didn't show that view sooner.

Anyway, the Kiwi's deserved that win.

Very embarrassing for Australia.

eddiesmith;319953 said:

I thought it was out before that tbh but it was dumb that they didn't show that view sooner.

Anyway, the Kiwi's deserved that win.

Very embarrassing for Australia.

eddiesmith;319953 said:

The bat was in the air, due to the curve. The spine was on the ground, but there was no willow on the ground past the line when the bails were dislodged. Terrible decision.

eddiesmith;319953 said:

The bat was in the air, due to the curve. The spine was on the ground, but there was no willow on the ground past the line when the bails were dislodged. Terrible decision.

eddiesmith;319953 said:

Was definitely out, no part of the bat was grounded inside the crease when Bracken took the bails off. Should have been out.

That wasn't the reason we lost though, once again the batting was very poor, 181 was never going to be enough. Just a calamity of errors with the bat, add in a dash of bad luck, sheer stupidity and some terrible shot selection and you've summed up Australia's batting effort.

eddiesmith;319953 said:

Was definitely out, no part of the bat was grounded inside the crease when Bracken took the bails off. Should have been out.

That wasn't the reason we lost though, once again the batting was very poor, 181 was never going to be enough. Just a calamity of errors with the bat, add in a dash of bad luck, sheer stupidity and some terrible shot selection and you've summed up Australia's batting effort.

The downslide of Australia continues, I still don't know why Warners still there, One good knock of 80 odd doesen't make you a Jayasuriya, A Hayden or a Gibbs. I think Simon Katich should be given a go at the top. As for the match i think New Zealand deserved the victory in the end with their patient batting, But credit to Australia aswell as they have just come off matches against South Africa and its tought to play a different side. Also one thing which stood out to me was Daniel Vettoris figures, 10 overs for only 22 runs. It made me remember Johan Bothas economical figures and it made me wonder. Why have Australias struggled against spin lately?

The downslide of Australia continues, I still don't know why Warners still there, One good knock of 80 odd doesen't make you a Jayasuriya, A Hayden or a Gibbs. I think Simon Katich should be given a go at the top. As for the match i think New Zealand deserved the victory in the end with their patient batting, But credit to Australia aswell as they have just come off matches against South Africa and its tought to play a different side. Also one thing which stood out to me was Daniel Vettoris figures, 10 overs for only 22 runs. It made me remember Johan Bothas economical figures and it made me wonder. Why have Australias struggled against spin lately?

Ripping-LegBreak;319995 said:
The downslide of Australia continues
Australia will bounce back once we get our injured players back

I still don't know why Warners still there, One good knock of 80 odd doesen't make you a Jayasuriya, A Hayden or a Gibbs.
Selectors incompetence I suppose

I think Simon Katich should be given a go at the top.
I agree entirely. Katich has been in ripping form this season and I don't see the harm of playing him in the senior side

As for the match i think New Zealand deserved the victory in the end with their patient batting, But credit to Australia aswell as they have just come off matches against South Africa and its tought to play a different side. Also one thing which stood out to me was Daniel Vettoris figures, 10 overs for only 22 runs. It made me remember Johan Bothas economical figures and it made me wonder. Why have Australias struggled against spin lately?
Yep, you're right, their patient batting made a big difference.

Why has Australia struggled against spin? Um, I think they are taking it to casual and not going for riskier shots-except Haddin.

The downslide of Australia continues
Australia will bounce back once we get our injured players back

I still don't know why Warners still there, One good knock of 80 odd doesen't make you a Jayasuriya, A Hayden or a Gibbs.
Selectors incompetence I suppose

I think Simon Katich should be given a go at the top.
I agree entirely. Katich has been in ripping form this season and I don't see the harm of playing him in the senior side

As for the match i think New Zealand deserved the victory in the end with their patient batting, But credit to Australia aswell as they have just come off matches against South Africa and its tought to play a different side. Also one thing which stood out to me was Daniel Vettoris figures, 10 overs for only 22 runs. It made me remember Johan Bothas economical figures and it made me wonder. Why have Australias struggled against spin lately?
Yep, you're right, their patient batting made a big difference.

Why has Australia struggled against spin? Um, I think they are taking it to casual and not going for riskier shots-except Haddin.

DoubleO7;320073 said:

Can't afford to play risky shots when you're 5/55.

DoubleO7;320073 said:

Can't afford to play risky shots when you're 5/55.

Marsh out for 2 weeks. Hamstring.

SOURCE RADIO 6PR 882

Who will they call up?

Katich seems to be the man from what I hear.

Hughes? Will he get a game?

SOURCE RADIO 6PR 882

Who will they call up?

Biggie;320143 said:

SOURCE RADIO 6PR 882

Who will they call up?

THE irony was impossible to miss. And, perhaps, the idiocy.

As Australia's top order was disintegrating against South Africa at the WACA Ground on Friday, ensuring the previously cherished world No. 1 ranking went up in smoke, the batsman in the most irrepressible form of any willow-wielder in the country was taking 20 runs off a Jason Krejza over on his way to a blistering century in Newcastle.

"I can't work out why he isn't in the Australian one-day team," NSW coach Matthew Mott said of Blues captain and Test lynchpin Simon Katich.

He's not alone.

"He can open, he can bat down the order, he's calm," Mott said. "Playing against pace bowling, there's not many better. Against spinners, he's just about the best in the world.

"He can play a dour role if that's required. He can play run-a-ball. Some people in the public probably don't realise what a genuinely outstanding team man he is.

"You run out of accolades for the bloke."

Katich's ball-striking right now is ridiculously crisp; the run rate effortlessly brisk. His masterful 143 against Tasmania in the Sheffield Shield match at Newcastle's No. 1 Sportsground was a demonstration of a top-drawer international player at the height of his powers.

All eyes were trained on Phillip Hughes's attempt to earn selection on the Test tour of South Africa - mission accomplished, surely - but Katich quietly peeled off another ton while no one was looking.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/cr...g-local-attacks/2009/01/31/1232818792589.html

Biggie;320143 said:

SOURCE RADIO 6PR 882

Who will they call up?

THE irony was impossible to miss. And, perhaps, the idiocy.

As Australia's top order was disintegrating against South Africa at the WACA Ground on Friday, ensuring the previously cherished world No. 1 ranking went up in smoke, the batsman in the most irrepressible form of any willow-wielder in the country was taking 20 runs off a Jason Krejza over on his way to a blistering century in Newcastle.

"I can't work out why he isn't in the Australian one-day team," NSW coach Matthew Mott said of Blues captain and Test lynchpin Simon Katich.

He's not alone.

"He can open, he can bat down the order, he's calm," Mott said. "Playing against pace bowling, there's not many better. Against spinners, he's just about the best in the world.

"He can play a dour role if that's required. He can play run-a-ball. Some people in the public probably don't realise what a genuinely outstanding team man he is.

"You run out of accolades for the bloke."

Katich's ball-striking right now is ridiculously crisp; the run rate effortlessly brisk. His masterful 143 against Tasmania in the Sheffield Shield match at Newcastle's No. 1 Sportsground was a demonstration of a top-drawer international player at the height of his powers.

All eyes were trained on Phillip Hughes's attempt to earn selection on the Test tour of South Africa - mission accomplished, surely - but Katich quietly peeled off another ton while no one was looking.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/cr...g-local-attacks/2009/01/31/1232818792589.html

Not the best of starts to the series for Australia. I think they will win the series as New Zealand struggled to chase down 180. But Australia will need to lift their gmae with the bat if they want to win the series.

Not the best of starts to the series for Australia. I think they will win the series as New Zealand struggled to chase down 180. But Australia will need to lift their gmae with the bat if they want to win the series.

eddiesmith;320227 said:
NSW head of cricket was saying he also thought Hodgey should be in there as well as Katich

But the selectors have called up Voges and Ferguson, obviously didnt want to weaken NSW too much as they need them to beat Victoria next week

I think Hodge and Katich would make a huge difference to the batting.

eddiesmith;320227 said:
NSW head of cricket was saying he also thought Hodgey should be in there as well as Katich

But the selectors have called up Voges and Ferguson, obviously didnt want to weaken NSW too much as they need them to beat Victoria next week

I think Hodge and Katich would make a huge difference to the batting.

Disgraceful selections.

Hughes should be opening the batting with Katich in the middle order. McGain in because we need to win now. It's embarrassing how bad we are right now and i don't want to lose to New Zealand.

Hughes
Warner
Katich
Clarke
Hussey
Hussey
Haddin
Johnson
Bracken
McGain
Tait

With the side we're going to send out Friday night i've got my money on New Zealand.

Disgraceful selections.

Hughes should be opening the batting with Katich in the middle order. McGain in because we need to win now. It's embarrassing how bad we are right now and i don't want to lose to New Zealand.

Hughes
Warner
Katich
Clarke
Hussey
Hussey
Haddin
Johnson
Bracken
McGain
Tait

With the side we're going to send out Friday night i've got my money on New Zealand.

Back