New Zealand In Bangladesh 2013

futureblackcap

• BCB XI vs BLACKCAPS - Warm Up
    M A Aziz Stadium, Chittagong - 9.30am local time, 4.30pm NZ time
  • 9/10/2013 - 13/10/2013
    Bangladesh vs BLACKCAPS - Test Match Live on SKy Sport 3, updates on Radio Sport
    Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong - 9.30am local time, 4.30pm NZ time
  • 21/10/2013 - 25/10/2013
    Bangladesh vs BLACKCAPS - Test Match Live on Sky Sport 4, updates on Radio Sport
    Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka - 9.30am local time, 4.30pm NZ time
  • 29/10/2013
    Bangladesh vs BLACKCAPS - ODI Live on Sky Sport 2, updates on Radio Sport
    Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka - 1.30pm local time, 8.30pm NZ time
  • 1/11/2013
    Bangladesh vs BLACKCAPS - ODI Live on Sky Sport 1, updates on Radio Sport
    Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka - 1.30pm local time, 8.30pm NZ time
  • 4/11/2013
    Bangladesh vs BLACKCAPS - ODI Live on Sky Sport 2, updates on Radio Sport
    Khan Shaheb Osman Ali Stadium, Fatullah - 9.15am local time, 4.15pm NZ time
  • 6/11/2013
    Bangladesh vs BLACKCAPS - [Subject to ICC approval] Live on Sky Sport 1, updates on Radio Sport
    Sylhet Divisional Stadium - 1.30pm local time, 8.30pm NZ time

What are New Zealand shaping up like? I have been fairly ignorant of their form/team recently.

Prospects look good at the moment, even in Test cricket dare I say. Our bowling stocks are strong with Southee, Boult and Wagner doing the seamer's job well and Martin looked good for the most part as the spinner. We have a number quality bowlers on the fringe of test selection as well, Doug Bracewell, Mitchell McClenaghan and Adam Milne are vying for the spot if one of the top three get injured or out of form.

Batting is still our weakness but Hamish Rutherford looks a great player and thank God he's an opener!! Kane Williamson is a long-term investment, already having a played some match-winning innings for NZ. There are a few fringe batsmen who've been performing well for NZ A ie. Carl Cachopa, Tom Latham, Colin Munro and Luke Ronchi who you'll probabaly know.

I was just talking about test cricket but we have a really good ODI and T20 side at the moment and Jesse Ryder is set to return to the side in a few months.

NZ would really want to roll the Bangers and they should do. Rutherford is a talent, bats a bit like Phil Hughes from what I've seen.

Bangladesh squad for first Test: Mushfiqur Rahim (capt.), Mahmudullah, Anamul Haque, Tamim Iqbal, Shakib Al Hasan, Nasir Hossain, Abdur Razzak, Naeem Islam, Sohag Gazi, Rubel Hossain, Mominul Haque, Marshall Ayub, Robiul Islam, Al-Amin Hossain

I know like 2 of their players, lol.

My side for the first test:

Rutherford, Fulton (has a lot to prove), Williamson, Taylor, Latham, McCullum, Watling, B Martin, Bracewell, Wagner, Boult.

After the initial breakthroughs by Boult and Bracewell, our bowling was quite loose. Need Bucko to bowl better today. Sodhi showed some promise.

Not convinced with Sodhi, needs more cricket but unfortunately FC cricket is not exactly a fertile place for developing spinners. Maybe set him up with cricket in other countries and see how he goes and what he learns? Has B Martin gone back to his lazy ways? His lack of work ethic (and Vettori) was what kept him out of the NZ team until now.

Why wasn't Wagner picked? He'd run through brick walls for the team and that kind of attitude in a bowler is priceless on a dead pitch.

Agreed on Bucko and Sodhi. Bucko looked a shadow of himself against England and bowled terribly. It sucks cause I like him and he comes from my cricket club haha.

I agreed with not playing Wagner, simply because I thought having two left-armers wouldn't be very versatile in the subcontinent although Wagner does reverse the ball well. with regards to our bowlers, I think Boult and Bracewell bowled well for the most part, it was Martin that let us down mainly as Sodhi showed promise and Williamson seems to be a good all-rounder.

We need a premier spinner. What about bringing Nethula back or try someone like Nick Beard?

At the moment Williamson is better than Sodhi and Martin, we may as well just bite the bullet and go with a another batsman that bowls spin or a purely defensive spin bowler who can bat a bit. What about Aaron Redmond? His legspin is handy and he's a top order bat (unless he's retired?).

I guess they're not convinced with Nethula at all if they went to Sodhi, Beard is another dart chucker isn't he?

At the moment Williamson is better than Sodhi and Martin, we may as well just bite the bullet and go with a another batsman that bowls spin or a purely defensive spin bowler who can bat a bit. What about Aaron Redmond? His legspin is handy and he's a top order bat (unless he's retired?).

On tour we have no one in the Test squad who could bowl a bit of part time spin but Anton Devcich is in the one day side but I wouldn't think his darts would be very effective at test level and not sure about his batting technique either. With regards to Aaron Redmond, not sure how much he bowls anymore and he's on the wrong side of thirty.

I guess they're not convinced with Nethula at all if they went to Sodhi, Beard is another dart chucker isn't he?

I've only seen Beard bowl in shorter form cricket but his first-class record of 30 matches for 54 wickets isn't fantastic but isn't that bad... I'd probably give Nethula another go and give him full backing.

Hasn't Nethula ticked past 30?

I hate to say it but things look like they are being set up for Nathan McCullum to play test cricket, he was Hesson's and B McCullum's preference a VC for all forms of the game before sanity prevailed.

Kane "Chuck" Williamson? Of course he does and so does Kyle Mills & Andrew Ellis but as no one cares about dodgy actions anymore it doesn't matter.

Back