New Zealand In Bangladesh 2013

Good to see Sodhi get wickets with decent deliveries, nagging doubt that he's the spinner that gets a go on a spinning deck against weak opposition when others didn't. Still, I hope he gets a good run to see what he's got rather than being picked and dumped like Nethula and Astle.

McCullum, another weak dismissal when the team didn't need it, would he stay in the test side if NZ had any other batting options around?

Williamson is in top form at the moment. Long may it continue! Nice to see Anderson score some runs too. I was worried after Taylor got out.

Awful pitch isn't it? I appreciate that Bangladesh will be desperate for a series win against a full strength established test nation but producing this kind of mud won't help them develop any talent, of course they'll now go on and win the thing...

Awful pitch isn't it? I appreciate that Bangladesh will be desperate for a series win against a full strength established test nation but producing this kind of mud won't help them develop any talent, of course they'll now go on and win the thing...

Well it offers more to the bowlers than the last one...for this I am grateful haha.

Well it offers more to the bowlers than the last one...for this I am grateful haha.
Scary when this pitch is a step up from the last one and it just goes to show how bad things are pitch wise are over there, if these are test quality imagine what the FC ones are like?

Back to the game itself though, I thought Taylor, Anderson and Sodhi showed the way to go on this pitch before it crumbles, we are giving the Bangladesh bowlers far too much respect as they aren't actually that good even in their home conditions (except Shakib who is world class). Rutherford batted himself into a hole and to a lesser degree Williamson did as well but during all of their dour defence when did you actually feel like someone could get them out until they did something truly daft? (Williamson - charging for no reason, Rutherford - giving catching practice to short leg) Hopefully it's just the commentary that is making it appear more dour than what it is but really some of these Bangladesh players are club level at best.

I think you are being a little tough on the Bangladeshis. Gazi looks like a good bowler and Al-Amin could be handy in the future. Williamson didn't need to go any faster because Corey Anderson was scoring faster at the other end but you are right that he got himself in a hole.

The commentary....my gosh it is bad haha. Danny Morrison should be the best of them with English being his first language but he's probably even worse...

So this is obviously on TV in NZ. I don't think I've even seen any highlights or even any scores on FoxSportsNews lol.

A bit piss poor really, obviously not many people will care here but they have news/scores on all sorts of other obscure sporting stuff.

I'm sorry Leftie600! I thought I was quoting your post but I ended up deleting the whole post. Time to go to bed I think... :oops:
Gee thanks! :p

Basically I rate the potential of their batting (and they backed me up on that!) but I don't rate their bowling at all (except for Shakib). Gazi may be good at holding an end one day but he's not lethal, my feeling is we're making him look lethal by not picking a bowler to attack and thus put the pressure back on Bangladesh. One thing I've found bizarre though is the bounce on this pitch is low and not erratic so where are the sweep shots from NZ?

And the question I put forward generally, what would a combined Zimbabwe and Bangladesh side look like? I think it'd be pretty handy.

So this is obviously on TV in NZ. I don't think I've even seen any highlights or even any scores on FoxSportsNews lol.

A bit piss poor really, obviously not many people will care here but they have news/scores on all sorts of other obscure sporting stuff.
Be thankful you're not getting it, it's pretty dire stuff and the commentary may be the worst I've heard outside of the IPL.

My Zimbabwe/Bangladesh combined 11:
1) T Iqbal
2) T Mawoyo (neither side has another established opener)
3) B Taylor (C) (moved him up a spot and given the gloves to Rahim)
4) M Hague
5) S Al-Hasan
6) M Rahim (W/K)
7) N Hossain
8) S Gazi
9) K Jarvis (if he wasn't going to England)
10) R Hossain
11) B Vittori

Just missing out:
T Chatara (very early on in career)
T Panyangara (ditto)

The batting looks stronger than the bowling line-up...

Back